Help! Has anyone had luck with Bald spots? pic(inside) inside

Have you had luck with Bald spots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barbie87

Plz Help! Has anyone had luck with Bald spots? pic inside

Please help me...I had relaxers, weaves and braids.:wallbash: As a result I have bald spots all over:nono:. I saw the Derm on 4-19-10. He gave me a couple of cortisone shots because my scalp was so sore specially in the crown area, that did help with the pain. I have to go see him again in 6 weeks:) and I want to give my self at least a year to see what happens.
I also did the BC 3/20/10 a month ago today. I have tried JBCO and MTG but the smell is soooo bad.

I was wondering if anyone has been through anything like this and have you seen any improvements? if you have pics can you please post it.

Attachments

• bald.jpg
    bald.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 803
Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'll bump for you cuz I know there was a thread floating around here last year or so about this...Hopefully someone will be able to help you

coconow2007

My mom has had luck. I convinced her to stretch her relaxers, massage oils into her problem areas(alma, etc), and wear very low manipulation styles for the past year. It has taken some time and she started with very straggly neck length hair with bald and thining patches throughout her crown area. Now her hair is APL and only has one small bad patch left at the very center of her crown. We stepped up the oil massage in that area and no relaxer is applied in that area.

msbettyboop

Hi, when I started my journey in September 09, my edges and nape were going bald. It was quite horrible. So I started massaging for 5 mins twice a day with a mixture of evoo, coconut oil, peppermint and rosemary EO. Religiously every day. I also gave up relaxers and started transitioning. I displayed the results after 7 months in my post here - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=10713214&postcount=1977

The best advice I can give you is be patient and consistent with whatever you are doing to rectify the situation and KISS. HTH.

kbhatcher1

I too had problems with my crown. I believe mines was/is hereditary. However, I used the essential oils blend that Nonie posted. Its been about 4 months and my crown has filled in. I'm not going to say its as long as the rest of my hair, but it has gone from being a smooth baldspot to no one else being able to tell I ever had one there. I'm natural by the way. I use the blend every night with a minute massage.

HTH!

beans4reezy

Re: Plz Help! Has anyone had luck with Bald spots? pic inside

Please help me...I had relaxers, sewins and braid.:wallbash: As a result I have bald spots all over:nono:. I saw the Derm on 4-19-10. He gave me a couple of cortisone shots because my scalp was so sore specially in the crown area, that did help with the pain. He also have me Rogaine 5%(twice a day) and a special Shampoo and Gel that I have to use 2x a week. I have to go see him again in 6 weeks:) and I want to give my self at least a year to see what happens.
I also did the BC 3/20/10 a month ago today. I have tried JBCO and MTG but the smell is soooo bad.

I was wondering if anyone has been through anything like this and have you seen any improvements? if you have pics can you please post it.

I would actually pass on the MTG and mix JBCO with essentials oils (peppermint/rosemary). I would massage this oil mixture to the spot every day for at least five minutes.

This is just my opinion, but you are already using Rogaine twice a day- I would supplement the Rogaine with natural remedies (JBCO + EO) not with MTG.

VirGoViXxEn

i fileld in a bald spot using Alter ego curative cren drops, rosemary and lavender oils. I saw in improvement after only two weeks. Its now been 2 months and it is almost filled in completely.

JJamiah

My sister has lupus and also gets the cortisone shots. She went from MBL to NL because of the bald shiny spots constantly flaring up from the lupus.

Today she still has minor flare ups but is now SL and creeping to APL. You can't even tell she had bald spots.
She is Natural due to the fact that when she applies chemical she automatically flares up so she gave them up.

She doesn't do much other than the Cortisone shots and regular maintenance of her hair. :)

Good Luck

I also have alter ego cren drops and they are expensive but worth the investment. I just use them on my edges.

chelleypie810

i fileld in a bald spot using Alter ego curative cren drops, rosemary and lavender oils. I saw in improvement after only two weeks. Its now been 2 months and it is almost filled in completely.

I also used alter ego when my crown broke off something awful. I starting using it in march and I was back in business by July. These drops are pretty amazing. I used the herb ego though not the curative.

prisytomboy

YES!!!!! I was in tears, ANGRY at myself, the braider, the trees, the cars, etc. LOL well you get where I'm coming from.

I'm sorry you've had this happen to you however with patience, TIME, and proper care you will be just fine. I would suggest keep your scalp clean first and foremost! I applied CASTOR OIL 2-3 x a day and my hair has grown back as full, healthy, and thick as the rest!!!

Mine came from cornrows and having to much hair added in...too strenuous on my hair.

So it started here...keep in mind I may have had these in 3-4 weeks only!

After removing the cornrows....

Last edited:

glamazon386

i have one due to trich i think the only thing that helps is low manipulation and time

I have one too that comes and goes. I've had it for maybe the last 5 years or so. It's on the left side above the nape. I've noticed it falls out when I'm stressed. Around this time last year it was totally bald. It has grown back in now but it's only a few inches long. MN did help it to come back in.

barbie87

My mom has had luck. I convinced her to stretch her relaxers, massage oils into her problem areas(alma, etc), and wear very low manipulation styles for the past year. It has taken some time and she started with very straggly neck length hair with bald and thining patches throughout her crown area. Now her hair is APL and only has one small bad patch left at the very center of her crown. We stepped up the oil massage in that area and no relaxer is applied in that area.

Thank you sooo much I will def start looking into EO and see what happens I have heard great results with the so far:)

barbie87

I have one too that comes and goes. I've had it for maybe the last 5 years or so. It's on the left side above the nape. I've noticed it falls out when I'm stressed. Around this time last year it was totally bald. It has grown back in now but it's only a few inches long. MN did help it to come back in.

I have read about this helping with hair growth but it also regrows hair too? wow

barbie87

YES!!!!! I was in tears, ANGRY at myself, the braider, the trees, the cars, etc. LOL well you get where I'm coming from.

I'm sorry you've had this happen to you however with patience, TIME, and proper care you will be just fine. I would suggest keep your scalp clean first and foremost! I applied CASTOR OIL 2-3 x a day and my hair has grown back as full, healthy, and thick as the rest!!!

Mine came from cornrows and having to much hair added in...too strenuous on my hair.

So it started here...keep in mind I may have had these in 3-4 weeks only!

After removing the cornrows....

Thank you, your hair is so pretty i'm sorry this happened to you:( It is the worst feeling. I'm glad its feeling I love the JBCO so i will try applying it 2x a day and see what happens:)

JaszyFaye

I used mega tek to fill in my spot

Attachments

• jaszy 281.jpg
    jaszy 281.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 258
  • jaszy%20292.jpg
    jaszy%20292.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 253
  • phpRBYbHqPM.jpg
    phpRBYbHqPM.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 249

BlaqBella

I know some are against mtg ( i don't know their experience so i can't comment).
And like was mentioned mtg+rogaine i def don't know about.
But mtg worked for me.
Also essential oils WORK too.
Lots of good advice here....

Lynnerie

Just want to come in and give you encouragement. My mom had bald edges and once she stopped relaxing they filled back in very nicely she's not into hair care and didnt do anything the hair came back on its own.

Doing the BC is the best thing you could've done for yourself. Let your scalp breathe- dont wear wigs or weaves and massage your scalp.

Krymsonkween

I have quarter sized spots in the same place on both sides of my edges. My hair grows around these spot in the same pattern but the spots are always very thin.

I think mine have come from relaxing, color and bleaching (3x in all my life and each time my hair fell out). I have gone natural as of May 2010 again. I just think my hair can not take chemicals at all.

MTG has worked b4 and is working now to grow my hair back thick and cover the bald spots. I can not bc like I want because of the spots, but it so much better.

My hubby did rogaine the only thing is if u stop the hair comes back out and or gets really thin.

B careful of natural products, mt and mtg with the meds you are taking and topical ointments.

yodie

My entire nape was bald for years and I mean YEARS!! Never thought I'd be able to wear my hair up, etc. I have pics in my fotki. Just last year I lucked up on Stephanie Suthers of Hairobics. Man, her products were the first thing that actually made my nape grow and I tried all the oils, sulfur, and hair vitamins. I used some liquid vitamins and whatever else it is, that she mixed up. Applied it five times a night and I had to keep my nape braided. Well, I didn't have any nape. She was able to catch whatever was there. My nape is thriving and I'm soo grateful. I still keep my nape braided...just because I'm scared of going back to being bald.

Miss AJ

I had a small bald spot early in my journey from picking knots out of my hair constantly. I tried all the concoctions but the thing that really helped it fill in was keeping the area moisturized and absoultely NO unnecessary manipulation. I wore twist outs and braid outs and didnt rebraid until 3-4 days later, and on wash days i slathered on extra conditioner to that area, not sure if it helped but it psyched my mind into thinking it was helping lol

sweetlaughter

I had a bald spot in the back of my head because of my knot from tying up my hair at night with a scarf. I stopped using the scarf, switched to a new wrap, and started using tea tree and peppermint oils. It's completely gone now, like it never existed.

Hysi

i had pics in my profile, but have since taken them down, I will try to find which computer I have them on and post before and after pics. I had thinning spots at the nape and temples on both sides. I used CASTOR oil#1, evco, evoo, & vit E oil mixed and massaged the areas for a few minutes everytime I thought about it. Also what helped immensely was using MN mix w/ castor oil. I also used megatek on those areas. My hair grew back very quickly. I really think the mn combo helped a lot. If you decide to try it: 1 tube of mn (any brand- i used equate or family dollar brand instead of the expensive) and half a tub of the sulfur8 grease in the yellow can (the small one is fine). mix them in a container with a lid and massage on the areas whenever you think about it. It really works! HTH

ETA: I styled my hair as normal with flat iron and dc weekly; no special emphasis on low manipulation styles or anything. nobody knew the difference except i couldn't wear my hair in a pony or if i wore a headband, i had to comb the top areas over it so the thinning areas wouldn't show, lol.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I also have alter ego cren drops and they are expensive but worth the investment. I just use them on my edges.

i fileld in a bald spot using Alter ego curative cren drops, rosemary and lavender oils.

I also used alter ego when my crown broke off something awful. I starting using it in march and I was back in business by July. These drops are pretty amazing. I used the herb ego though not the curative.

Are the alter ego drops all natural?