Help Hair Falling Out from Megatek

MsWowFactor

Hello Ladies, I am relatively new to the forum and have been mostly lurking for a while. I am in need of your help. I realized Megatek is not for everyone. I applied Megatek last night to my scalp and experienced a bad headache and burning sensation everywhere it was applied. I wanted to wash it out right a way but was not sure if this was normal or not. I did a search for scalp burning from megatek and some girls experienced it but I did not see anything about their growth results. So I was not sure it was just apart of the process.

This morning my head is still burning in certain spots and I noticed that my hair is shedding from the roots a little when I comb my hair. Its not coming out in clumps but I am seeing 1 - 3 strands coming out each time I comb my hair. Here’s the thing. I really don’t want to wash my hair because I just got it done after not having it done in about 8 months. I’ve just been wearing protective styles. I permed December of 08 and then in June of 09. I do not plan on perming again. My hair is bone straight right now from the results of my hair stylist. Im not sure if I can achieve the same results plus I dont want to apply a lot of heat to my hair with this issue of shedding that I may be facing.

Please provide any advice you can. I applied a mixture of megatek, alma oil, vitaka, and castor oil. The total amount of oil and megatek was about half and half. Do you think I can get away with just oiling my scalp for now to moisturize. I dont want to wash my hair until next weekend.
Thanks for any advice you can share.

Kerryann

cosigning the garlic pills but you most likely have to give up the straight do and wash your hair dont sit down with your scalp burning

sweetnlow06

When I first started using Megatek I would get a lot of shedding, then I started reading about everyone that added garlic to their regimen in some form. I added garlic powder to my applicator bottle w/ megatek and now I do not have that problem.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You should only use a half of a finger tip to apply MT. It should be used very, very lightly.:look: One to 3 Strands isn't very much 'shedding' at all.

The Average head can shed 100-150 hairs per day. (Or something close)

Since you don't want to Wash Your Hair, (until next weekend) I'd probably just use the Castor Oil to attempt to 'soothe' my scalp.:perplexed

I don't know what kind of Castor Oil you have, but I do know JBCO is Antifungal, Antibacterial and Anti-Inflammatory.:yep:

Last edited:

MilkChocolateOne

Stop using megatek, your scalp is telling you that it doesn't like megatek. Retention is the key to longer hair, focus on stopping breakage and try to keep your hair well conditioned.

Newtogrow

I use a megatek mix with olive oil or jojoba and other essential oils. I chase it with a garlic infused olive oil to combat the shedding. These are both in applicator bottles that I apply to my scalp. HTH

MsWowFactor

Thank you ladies so much for your advice. I actually greased my scalp with the Vitika b4 i came back to read the thread and it feels a lot better. It was actually shedding 1 -3 strands each time i combed so it would be like 8-12 long stands in the sink from slightly combing through my hair. This isnt normal for me so I was concerned. My hair usually never sheds from the root.

I am going to try the garlic pills and the JBCO. Is there any paticular type of garlic pill I should get and can I buy the JBCO at a local store?

Thanks again. I knew you would be able to help.

moonpye1

I use Mega-Tek also. To combat the shedding you can pretty much use any garlic supplement. I use Spring Valley odorless Garlic pills from Walmart. If you forget to take them like me you might can try a garlic poo. Check your bss Queen Helene has one. The JBCO can be purchased in some bss stores you just have to check it out if not you can get the Tropic Isle Living 100% castor oil off ebay for 10.99 8oz. plus shipping.

winnettag

I would wash and discontinue using it.
I've heard of people having a tingling sensation from it, but not burning...especially not long-lasting burning.
Whatever you decide, good luck and HHG!