My Megatek journey

MsLizziA

hey ladies!! Its me again. I will update this thread later on today with this weeks progress. Since my bald/thin spots have thickened up I will now focus on the overall health of my hair and length. I will take pictures of the length in the back now and do comparisons of that every week!!!
How often do you apply the MT and do you mix it?

Sade'

Thanks! I am going to try to mix it with other oils starting next week. I will also get a sew in next weekend so I am hoping to have alot of growth from that as well.

Milly are u still getting your sew in? How do u plan on using the MT with the sew in? TIA

Sade'

Milly thanks so much for providing feedback! Sometimes I find threads where people promise to update and never do. Ur hair has grown in so nice. Remarkable improvement. I am impressed!

naturalmilly

How often do you apply the MT and do you mix it?

I apply it 3 times a week, and i only use it directly on my scalp. I will soon start to really focus on my overall head instead of my nape area, but I really wanted to see how it would help that area first. I mix it with jojoba oil for now. I will soon try other mixes as well.

naturalmilly

Milly are u still getting your sew in? How do u plan on using the MT with the sew in? TIA

Yes my sew in was pushed back until next weekend but I am excited to get it and let my hair rest! I will apply it directly on my scalp at least 3 times a week, and also make to to wash and condition it as well. I will mix more oil in it this time so there, because my hair immediately swells and the thickness comes within a day after using it, so I want to make sure my braids dont get to thick on me :).

Thanks for the feedback!

Sade'

I just received my first bottle MT bottle in the mail! I am SO EXCITED. My mom brought it up to my job, that's how serious we are about hair! LMAO!!!

I secretly opened it at my desk as if it was a weapon of mass destruction! Quickly tucked it away. I can't WAIT to go home. LOL

Is there any way to apply it to my scalp with out my hair getting wet??

Hiya there, and welcome. I started using mega tek around the same time as you, though I'm not sure how much progress I've made since I haven't been measuring. I'll try to do photos soon, but good luck with your progress. :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Any updates??

How about you, Sade? How have you been using it. I was using it for a minute and put it in an applicator bottle mixed with mn and jojoba oil. Using the applicator bottle makes it easier to part with the nozzle and get it on your scalp without getting it all over the hair.

Although, I've recently talked to tsmith who says she's been using it on the length of her hair for over a year and it's made her hair stronger.

Sade'

How about you, Sade? How have you been using it. I was using it for a minute and put it in an applicator bottle mixed with mn and jojoba oil. Using the applicator bottle makes it easier to part with the nozzle and get it on your scalp without getting it all over the hair.

Although, I've recently talked to tsmith who says she's been using it on the length of her hair for over a year and it's made her hair stronger.

NO I have not used it in about 2 weeks. I have a sew in with a net and I can't get to my scalp like I want to. I want to take it out so bad so that I get really use it consistently.

Sade'

I wonder how it would work on the length of my hair...hmmm I am assuming she uses a moisturizer as well to balance the protein.

How often are u using it? And have u noticed any growth?

gadgetdiva

I'm 3 days in to MT...so far except for the sweet smell its cool! I mixed some Peppermint EO (to take over the smell and I like the tingle) and EVOO.
My hair seems to like it! I am going to try 4 days on and 3 days off. I sweat so bad in my head so that I have to rinse every other day. I'm trying to find a co-wash regimen that my hair likes. I do poo w/ CHI deep brilliance hydration moisture binding shampoo and deep condition once a week already and I use Roux PC every couple of weeks alternating it w/ Mendex. For my moisturizer I spritz AVJ and wrap it.

I'm curious to see naturalmilly's progress and if she has switched up her regimen any.

Sade'

I applied MT all through my scalp last night. HEADACHE!!!! OMG the worst headache I have ever had. I didn't even sleep last night. Not sure if it was the MT or what. But I didn't do anything different yesterday other than use MT.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I wonder how it would work on the length of my hair...hmmm I am assuming she uses a moisturizer as well to balance the protein.

How often are u using it? And have u noticed any growth?

I haven't used it much actually. Maybe two weeks in spurts. I stopped so that I could monitor whether the homemade sulfur mix that I'm using is working.

You can check with tsmith for her details on using it on her length.

My Friend

I applied MT all through my scalp last night. HEADACHE!!!! OMG the worst headache I have ever had. I didn't even sleep last night. Not sure if it was the MT or what. But I didn't do anything different yesterday other than use MT.

I'm sorry tio hear that you experienced an awful headache:whyme: with MT. Maybe someone who uses it can chime in and give you some helpful advice. :bighug: