Is it safe to use Megatek and Indian Oils

vnheath

Is it safe to use megatek and practice Ayurvedic?
I have used megatek before and like the results but I really like using the indian oils and powders also. Would the following routine be safe for my hair:

3x a week, put megatek on my scalp
On Friday, pre-poo with shakakai and amla oil, then wash hair with shakakai, amla and brahmai powder, then condition.

Would this be ok. Is there anyone who uses megatek and practice Ayurvedic?

Dymmeonds

Actually I use both. My regimen so far has been to Mix a capful of Mahabhringraj oil with the Megatek and apply to my scalp nightly (except the night before wash day when I preepoo). I coat my hair with Amla and wash with a Shikakai bar. As we speak I am sitting with my first Henna application on my hair. My hair has gotten much thicker since I began using the MT and Ayurvedic, but unfortunately the weak overprocessed hair from before is breaking off, but if it must I will let it fall and be SOOO happy when it is replaced with new strong healthy hair. To answer your question I believe it is safe and has been great for me in a little over a month!

Blessed2bless

Thanks! Seems simple enough.... Trying to kISS.... I've had the same problem with breakage... Do you use any additional protiens i.e Aphrogee products in your reggie?If so when do you use them?

Ivy Santolina

I haven't experienced an issue with mixing the two yet. Your regimen looks fine. Just this week I mixed Bring Raj oil and Brahmi/Amla oil into my Megatek. I also added Shikakai/Amla/Aritha into my condish washes. So now, each night before a co-wash, I scritch my scalp with my MegaTek mixture. My goal is 3 times a week. But this week only 2 times. I also DC once a week. I just DC'd today and my hair seems a lot happier. This week no matting and tangles. I'm now able to use a detangling comb in my hair with out fearing ripping hair out.