HELP FOR GRAY HAIR

milotic13

ok ladies i've done the searches on the topic of getting rid of gray hair. I've read that taking black molasses helps and, henna helps as well. I need to know what works for you ladies.

Currently I color my hair w/ matrix prisms and it works but after 2-3 washes my gray slowly returns, I'm only 35 and I have a lot of hidden gray. I've henna'd b4 but it was bothersome to do. I've even heard of a pill called melancore that's supposed to rid the gray from inside*i haven't tried it). I want to try bigen but I've been warned my hair stylist b/c my hair is relaxed.

Any suggestions?? :nono:

Trace

I have lots of grey hair too, so I plan on using henna and indigo to dye my hair black. I've never done it before but since it is healthy for the hair, I going to give it a try.

milotic13

I've done the henna & indigo but it was a pain to mix it then wait for to it develop plus I wasnt diggng the grassy smell, even though i put lavender in it to cut the smell.

please give more responses b/c if I pull out other gray :wallbash:

msdeevee

In my experience with dying my hair I've found that the henna & indigo is the best way to go.

There is a whole thread about it here that I read that helped me to do it surprisingly with not much of a mess at all and I loved it because it's natural and did not destroy my hair which was already dry as the Sahara from Textures &Tones which would never cover the grey anyway. The henna & indigo also made my hair much stronger and I've found it easier to detangle and I'm losing much less hair than before.

I only smelled the grassy smell as I put the henna on but then after I did the process my hair didn't smell grassy it smelled like I had pressed it or something and that went away after 2-3 days.

The next best thing is Bigen which lasts much longer than rinses and other dyes. I know a lot of women that use Bigen that have relaxers. You just have to stay on top of the deep conditioning which we do anyway.

I personally don't believe that anything can change your hair back by taking it internally, unfortunately greying happens to some of us sometimes sooner than later, my hair started greying early too around the hairline and I hate it.

I hope you find something , I know how you feel.

sprungonhairboards

Bigen is the only thing that covers well enough and lasts long enough to be worth it for me. I use it regularly, I'm texlaxed. You can use it on relaxed hair just make sure you stay on top of your moisture game because it can be drying if you don't. I haven't had a problem.

milotic13

Thanks everyone I appreicate the input, now I sometimes tend to get lazy w/ deep conditioning and moisturzing, so how often should I deep-condition and/ or moisturize?
I do use ors olive deep conditioner when i deep con. So what's a good moisturizer to use.

STLCoverGirl

Bigen is the only thing that covers well enough and lasts long enough to be worth it for me. I use it regularly, I'm texlaxed. You can use it on relaxed hair just make sure you stay on top of your moisture game because it can be drying if you don't. I haven't had a problem.

I use Bigen in Oriental Black on my sister for her grays. It does the job, I am actually dying her hair tonight..yippee:drunk:.

STLCoverGirl

I think Oriental Black, I have never tried the Blue Black...which is supposed to be the darkest. I used to use the Brown Black or Dark Brown, I forget the name, but I like the darker results from Oriental Black. The pic in my siggy is my hair dyed Oriental.

Last edited:

Aggie

I use henna and indigo as well and I must admit that these color my hair far better and longer than any other coloring I used before:yep:. It does not fade easily and I only have to re-apply every 4-6 weeks depending on how often I washed during that period.

When I don't feel like mixing my henna I would do a quick Dudley's regal blue semi-permanent hair color and that usually last almost as long as my hendigo color. It is safe enough to use once a week if necessary because it doesn't have any ammonia or peroxides in it.

But hands down, henna and indigo is the truth:lick:. It leaves my hair soft, beautiful and naturally shiny, something that commercial coloring don't really do for my hair.