HEEELLPP!! Im having a drought!!

shakenspirit

someone please help me!my ends have been dry ever since i went natural idk if u can see in my pics but it looks baddddd to me...i think its because i had my whole head bleached and the ends still have that color but not so light anymore.yesterday i did a hot oil treatment, shampoo,deep conditioned,conditioned, then used a hair mask from avon...after that i blow dried lightly and flat ironed while i was flat ironing i was looking at my ends in horror they looked worse tnan ever...fried,dry,split.i dont flat iron or use heat that often and my ends look dry even when i wear it curly. im thinking maybe my hair overall just looked crazy because i blow dried and flat ironed on a lower heat setting than usual.i couldnt take it anymore and i trimmed my ends but they still look dry...sorry for rambling but i really need help with these dry ends PLEAAAASSSSSEEEEE HEEEEELLLPPP

When you moisturize your hair, do you focus on your ends. If you don't use them already, Shea Butter and Castor oil works great.

When you moisturize your hair, do you focus on your ends. If you don't use them already, Shea Butter and Castor oil works great.

how am i supposed to moisturize im guessing i dont the only time i put anything in my hair is after i wash i spray a little oil sheen on

how am i supposed to moisturize im guessing i dont the only time i put anything in my hair is after i wash i spray a little oil sheen on

That may be Your problem Dear, You should moisturize those ends, at least, every other Day, if not Every Day. Also, Oil sheen tends to have Mineral Oil and/or Petrolatum in it, which blocks all the necessary moisture from absorbing into Your shafts, it kinda acts as a shield, a coating Per'Sai'. This could be a very good reason why Your having issues.

Last edited:
I agree with all of the above. My ends were experiencing dryness, too, due to the John Frieda color rinses I was using, and the best things I did for them were: adding oil and honey to my DCs, using porosity control more regularly, spritzing them with water and sealing with castor oil almost daily.

I would recommend that you apply a moisturizer and some oil after flat ironing rather than the oil sheen as was suggested. Also, the type of heat protectant you are using before blowdrying and/or flat ironing can make a world of difference. I hope this has helped in some way.

(off to go read that healthy ends challenge thread for some more good info)

Back