Heat Damage on one side! So Pissed!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It's my own fault for over using the curling iron.:ohwell: I am think about relaxing one more time to transition because my left side is damaged "strait.:wallbash: There is no words for what I feel now.:cry: My right side has so much texture in comparison. 5 months transition down the drain!:cry3:

nikki2229

DDTexlaxed, I am sorry that you are going through this. I don't think that relaxing is the answer for heat damage. You could just continue your transition for a little longer than you had originally planned in order to grow out the heat damaged parts. Also some women have reported some curl return after protein treatments for their heat damaged hair.
HUGS

msa

Do a protein treatment and reevaluate it. Sometimes that help. And I don't think it's a good idea to relax over heat damage anyway. You should just keep transitioning.

I think MissNorway got a lot of her texture back after her dominican blowout disaster so you should find out what she did. And I *think* shan_2001 had some heat damage and was able to reverse it (but I could be wrong about this one, it may have been someone else).

loulou82

I had my left side burned straight during my 8 transition month but I refused to get rid of it. I did a mild protein treatment and went into kinky twists the same week because I was so disgusted. The braids (followed by a weave) really did me good because it gave me a break from looking at my hair and pushed me further into my transition. Don't make a hasty decisions. The heat damage can be trimmed off gradually.

DDTexlaxed

I will look for solutions without a relaxer. I thought long and hard about it and if I can't reverse the damage, I will cut my transition short. :ohwell: I am disappointed in myself because I know better. I can't bring myself to pick up a relaxer, any way.:nono:

naijamerican

I can't remember who posted this, but someone with heat damage did a henna treatment and it seemed to restore her curls and her hair's strength. I agree with Msa, that you should do a protein treatment and then assess the situation. Relaxing isn't going to solve the problem. I feel your pain, though. :nono: Good luck! :yep:

isabella09

I’m so sorry this happened to you. I completely understand your frustration and agree with Nikki2229 & Msa in doing a protein treatment with a post treatment assessment of your hair additionally, not using a relaxer to remedy the situation. Please try not to worry :bighug: as we're all here to help and i wish you lots of luck in whatever decision you make :)

prettykinks

I agree with what the other ladies have said. Do a protein treatment and deep conditioning weekly after that and see if your hair is better. Don't make a decision while you are frustrated you will regret it later.

Junebug D

Do a protein treatment and reevaluate it. Sometimes that help. And I don't think it's a good idea to relax over heat damage anyway. You should just keep transitioning.

I think MissNorway got a lot of her texture back after her dominican blowout disaster so you should find out what she did. And I *think* shan_2001 had some heat damage and was able to reverse it (but I could be wrong about this one, it may have been someone else).

Yes, I had small sections of heat damage. I just continued on my regular DC weekly regimen and some reverted over time, and some others even shed eventually. The last stubborn pieces reverted when I used Joico K-pak once. So it took a little over 4 months for my hair to be mostly back to normal. Give it some time, and keep DCing and using protein. :yep:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
DD maybe you could try braids or wigs or something along those lines to leave your hair alone until you decide to BC

DDTexlaxed

My hair won't hold the flat twists well anymore. I have to pull my hair back in a bun now to make it to December.:ohwell: I am trying to learn how to braid, but it seems useless because it will not hold in my hair.:wallbash: I am most likely going to BC in December.:sad:

missdemi

i too am heat damaged. im gonna try and rollerset. ive natural for 2 years, but i primarily wear straight styles. i was heat damaged before and i took a break from heat and used joico k-pak weekly and it helped bring alot of my curls back. i wish i could find a stylist that rollersets hair. im hoping dsd or balisi can help me. but let me know what you decide.

Fine 4s

Most folks here use ApHogee or Joico...I've also heard (not as often) Dudley DCR or DRC (something with those letters in it), eggs or some Nexxus product (not Emergencee)...
I use ApHogee...

MummysGirl

Sorry this happened... Try not to BC early, remember what you said about this transition - you wanted to transition for longer than your last few transitions have been so you will not be discouraged and relax again.

I agree with protein DC's, not using heat and just being patient.

My hair won't hold the flat twists well anymore. I have to pull my hair back in a bun now to make it to December.:ohwell: I am trying to learn how to braid, but it seems useless because it will not hold in my hair.:wallbash: I am most likely going to BC in December.:sad:

missdemi

I've been using Joico K-Pak on my ends when I co-Wash every morning and I've noticed that my curls have mostly returned on my right side but the left side is still BONE straight... As far as styling Ive just been cowashing and bunning with kinky curly in the morning and at night i rinse out the kinky curly and apply Ovation (MEgaTek when I run out) or MN to my scalp to try to speed up the growth. I JUST made full Collar bone length and I dont want to loose so much of my growth. I've also noticed that my curl pattern in the front grows out nonexistent almost 3a. so that may have something to do with me not having a curl pattern. Good Luck!

DDTexlaxed

I've decided to try to learn how to roller set my hair. My attempts at them in the past were horrible.:grin: Off to You tube to learn. I won't be BCing in December. I have a goal to meet and I am almost half way there. My first goal is 1 year's post relaxer. By the end of October, I will be 6 months into my transition.:yep:

Last edited: