maxi glide heat damage- crap!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I didn't use the teeth because my hair is till not long enough for it. I used the flat iron. It didn't get my hair stick strait, but it was strait enough. Now it's been 2 weeks and my hair is still strait on the parts I maxiglided.:( I'm Peeved because I think I ruined my progress. I think I'm gonna have to cut my hair to remove the damage.:cry: Just venting because i worked my butt off doing the HYHC and all my work is down the drain.:wallbash:

Candiss

Just keep shampooing and conditinoning and see if it reverts. When I was natural I used my flat iron once and there were pieces that stayed straight. Most of it eventually went back but ther was one section that remained straight. I really think I should have used a lower heat in the front than in the back because my hair is thicker and more resistant in the back. Is it possible to keep the staright hair and just curl it or twist it to blend in?

RainbowCurls

I agree with Candiss, keep washing it. Maybe try a few CO washes. And a protein treatment...
It's not unheard of for some people's hair to take a while to curl/coil back up after using heat.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Girl if you cut your hair ONE MO GIN! :spank: Your number of BC's is like the national debt, every time I look it goes up!:eek:

You're texlaxed now? Well, now that the hair is straight, when the time comes just relax your new growth straight and keep it moving.

DDTexlaxed

Jcoily, u ain't lied yet!:lol: My hubby said that I'm forbidden to chop and i'm not gonna!:lachen: I'm just pissed that I fried my hair. The heat protectant did not work!:mad: I used the fantasia IC one because I heard it was good. I don't think I should use a maxiglide until i'm like 2 months post.:(

seraphinelle

Oh, man, I hope it ends up reverting.

But don't cut your hair girl!

Are you transitioning now then?

If it's just a small area, just allow it. It'll eventually go back.. I think...

DDTexlaxed

I talked to my hubby about transitioning and he asked me to wait till next year. I'm going to do that since I failed the texture challenge. When I touch up on Saturday, I will try the texture challenge again. That will give me time to decide. I do want to go natural again, but I will no longer BC. It will be a long transition because I don't want a TWA.:)

mscocoface

DDtexlaxd said:
I talked to my hubby about transitioning and he asked me to wait till next year. I'm going to do that since I failed the texture challenge. When I touch up on Saturday, I will try the texture challenge again. That will give me time to decide. I do want to go natural again, but I will no longer BC. It will be a long transition because I don't want a TWA.:)

Your best move is to let it grow out. Many times when you can't get it to go back it is permanently changed. I speak from experience. I just let mine grow until I had a length I could tolerate and then trimmed it out. Don't lose heart, this is how we learn.