Hear this...Jamaicalovely is going for WL!

jamaicalovely

I was so upset to hear my DH joke about my weave (as usual). But, the record scratched when he said that my hair will never grow past my weave. Really?:look:

Okay. My original goal was grow to BSL then stop. Oh hell naw...now it's on I'm growing to WL. See you at WL in 2012!

Current length in my fotki, updates in December.

The nerve~~~~~~~~~:perplexed

ETA: For the purpose of this thread DH also means "Domestic Hater" (Omegachick31)

Last edited:

tricie

Prove him wrong, chica! You can do it! I'm in WL 2012 challenge, too! :)

Sent from my ADR6300

MrsIQ

Come on over and join us in the WL 2012 thread! And as for DH, you can show him better than you can tell him!

Nonie

Nothing like negativity to inspire success.

You show him, Jamaicalovely. What'd be so funny is the day you wear your hair and someone compliments you and he whispers to you "If only they knew it was a weave <snicker>" and you whip it back and forth like Eddie Long :giggle: and set him straight with the facts.

"Great [read: Successful] people are ordinary people with extraordinary amounts of determination." ;)

fuchsiastar

Yeah lady! I see your progress and am super proud of you! I need some tips on how you are getting all that RETENTION!

SimJam

grow on girrrl

edit: OK just got back from ur fotki, you have had some nice progress. The last time I remember seeing ur hair was when u did the big reveal when u were like NL.... awesomme !!!!!

Last edited:

omegachick31

I guess today DH stands for "domesticated hater"...

I wish you the best in your goal pursuit and I'm sure you will achieve it but you can just prove him wrong now by getting a shorter weave....always more than one way to skin a cat.

Good Luck

MaintaintheSexy

Wow! Pay him no mind. The dude I'm with makes comments too. He has a low cut caesar. He said to me the other day, "Oh if I grow my hair out, it'll grow longer than yours, I got good hair. You got that sister, sister hair"

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

But that's motivation for me! So thanks to all the naysayers. Including your DH! :lol:

jamaicalovely

Wow, I didn't expect this many responses.

You GO, girl!!
Thank you girl. You are one to watch!!! Your growth this year is sick!

Dude must like sleeping on the couch!
LOL

You grow girl!
OMG, I missed your update? Look at your siggy! You were a shortie like me. :)

Come on over and join us in the WL 2012 thread! And as for DH, you can show him better than you can tell him!
I will. But it will be Dec 2013, though.

Nothing like negativity to inspire success.

You show him, Jamaicalovely. What'd be so funny is the day you wear your hair and someone compliments you and he whispers to you "If only they knew it was a weave <snicker>" and you whip it back and forth like Eddie Long :giggle: and set him straight with the facts.

"Great [read: Successful] people are ordinary people with extraordinary amounts of determination." ;)
Exactly!

Yeah lady! I see your progress and am super proud of you! I need some tips on how you are getting all that RETENTION!
Hey girlie! miss yah! Girl the retention is due to my weaves! lol go figure.

I guess today DH stands for "domesticated hater"...

I wish you the best in your goal pursuit and I'm sure you will achieve it but you can just prove him wrong now by getting a shorter weave....always more than one way to skin a cat.

Good Luck
I love your new definition for DH. Hilarious!

Wow! Pay him no mind. The dude I'm with makes comments too. He has a low cut caesar. He said to me the other day, "Oh if I grow my hair out, it'll grow longer than yours, I got good hair. You got that sister, sister hair"

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

But that's motivation for me! So thanks to all the naysayers. Including your DH! :lol:

Oh wow!

Vashti

When you reach your goal he needs to come correct - and take you to a nice tropical vacation so you can show off your WL hair to all the men on the beach. Bet he won't be making silly comments then.