Have you seen the difference?

BklynHeart

I tried doing a search regarding Affirm Fiberguard Lye, however there wasn't much information. For those of you that has switched from Affirm Lye to Affirm Fiberguard Lye have you seen and felt a different in your hair? For me, Affirm Lye Mild and Regular grew out too quickly and my hair felt hair after using it for a year. Yet, my hair looked thicker. I switched to Affirm Fiberguard Lye in Regular, and my hair feels so much silkier and smoother. However, I noticed that my hair has been getting thinner from it, and this is my second time using it.
Has anyone noticed a difference from using Fiberguard, positive or negative?

NoNapNique

Good thing you posted this, because I was thinking of switching... I heard good things from a couple people, but true - there really aren't many posts about Affirm/Fiberguard. But as for Fiberguard, I definitely cannot afford to get thinner, as I am working on "filling in" some thin spots.

krissyprissy

Yes, there is a difference I have used other relaxers in the past and they didnt leave my hair as soft as affirm/fiberguard. I have been using it for 2 years with no problem. No thinning here.

BklynHeart

krissyprissy said:
Yes, there is a difference I have used other relaxers in the past and they didnt leave my hair as soft as affirm/fiberguard. I have been using it for 2 years with no problem. No thinning here.

Krissy, do you use Mild or Regular? My hairdresser uses Regular, and I think it's leaving my hair too straight.

Sweetest_Honey

Yes indeed!!
I have recently switched to Affirm Mild from regular strength. The regular strength left my hair feeling very light and thin. It did appear silky though.
I prefer the mild now, because my hair feels stronger and thicker after a relaxer.