Armyqt... quick ?

beana3

Armyqt: I was browsing through you album (everyone's hair is beautiful!) and i noticed that you said you would be using affirm fiberguard for your next realxer. Isn't the affrim fiberguard the no-lye version, or are ALL affrim relaxers fiberguard? thanks

Hi Beana. As far as I know the Fiberguard is a special formulation in the relaxer to protect the hairshaft as it relaxes it. My relaxer will be lye. No one's coming near my hear with a no-lye relaxer. /images/graemlins/nono.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif After viewing the website, I learned that the Fiberguard is different from the Affirm, but made by the same company. Now that, I did not know. I'll have to call them . Here's some info on the fibreguard.

I got this info from their website:
"An incredible innovation in hair relaxing! The Research and Development Laboratories of Avlon Industries have pioneered a true breakthrough. Its name is Affirm FiberGuardTM. For the very first time, a relaxer preserves the tensile strength and elasticity of hair, while it creates a silky-straight texture. No other relaxer system on the market can honestly make this promise. . .only FiberGuardTM. "

Conditioning Creme Relaxer
Available in Regular (Sodium Hydroxide) and Sensitive Scalp (Guanidine Hydroxide) formulas. Both formulas are available in Mild, Normal and Resistant Strengths. (Patented)

Formulated with compounds capable of retarding osmotic pressure build-up, and with a new patented cationic polymer for state-of-the art, longer-lasting conditioning.

Significantly less damaging than conventional relaxers.

Deposits and locks-in conditioners within the hair fiber.

Makes hair soft, silky and so easy to comb.

Sensitive Scalp Formula provides maximum scalp comfort for those with dry and sensitive scalp conditions
Affirm

thanks for the thorough response!! Best wishes on your next relaxer.. the fiberguard thing sounds soo promising, either that or they have an awesome marketing thing going on. thanks again

Back