Have you ever walked out of a salon?

princesslocks

Yes I've walked out of a salon... The person who was supposed to give me my wash and set sucked her teeth when I told her I was there for a wash and set. She rolled her eyes and acted like she was doing me a favor by washing my hair:nono:.

So I got up, walked out, and went to the salon down the street. That was Feb. 2005. :yep: I never went back :yep:

PrettyBrownEyes

Macherieamour,

I wouln't have waited as long as you did, but, I would have walked out too. Off Topic: Your siggy picture is cute!

Tamrin

unapologetic
I walked out of Maribel's in Brookly before. not because of my stylist at the time but because of the ***** in the next chair. My friend and I were regular customer's and we always went early our stylist was busy he told us there was a wait we agreed to wait an Hour so we went to get some lunch. when we came back our stylist was still working on someone's hair. this ***** looked at us and in spanish started to make comments in spanish about us and us being late when we were the ones waiting not knowing we both spoke spanish. When he took in my friend, I just walked out when I went to pick up my friend my hair was done. he looked at me shocked and I told him she just cost you a good customer and I tipped well and I got him gifts... Since then I found Yahira and even though Im now a DIYer I will go to her and she has not issues with what I want done and I told her from the get go. I don't accept that ish from any stylist.

Precious_1

Ugh!! I'm still mad about it!!I'm glad so many ladies would/have done the same thing!! I should email them this thread!!!

I just want to say your blog is AMAZING! I think that you did the right thing, when they called you back, i think you should have politely given them the address to your blog so they could see who they were messing with:yep: Emailing this thread isnt a bad idea either.

Last edited:

pistachio

That's PRECISELY why I'm a DIY'er. My sister did the whole slaon thing consistantly back seven years ago, but now after LHCF I relax and set her hair just as good as her old stylist did!!!

rabs77

Good for you Macherie..I'm glad you walked out. That's why I'm done with salons. They almost all operate the same.

1. Overbook, and make you wait for hours.
2. Don't do what you asked them to do in the first place...

Its been a year since I visited one...and I'm not going back!

Im curious....you are like a hair GURU!!! What were you doing in a salon? You obviously can teach them a few things :yep:

2Cute!

Re: Have you ever walked out of a salon?

No, but I should have. This is a long story, but I'll make it short. I was scheduled for 9 a.m., but the "stylist" didn't show up until 11:30. I didn't end up getting out of there until 5:30!! I left with all over color even though I only asked for highlights, a burned upper lip from where she dropped the curling iron on my lip, an opened tube of Neosporin which she stuffed in my purse w/ no cap and the grease ended up ruining my bridesmaid's dress for my cousins wedding the next day(that's another thread). Not to add, I was late for the wedding rehearsal and my cousin gave me major attitude when I did arrive 2 hours late.

That was my last straw...I've been doing my hair ever since!

csmoot

Yes- I arrived and the attendant was rude as hell. Then as I was waiting I looked around and saw how they were doing hair. They were washing and blow drying but they were pulling on the hair drying it on hot ass heat from sopping wet. Hell I can damage my own hair at home- and I wont overcharge myself.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Yes- I arrived and the attendant was rude as hell. Then as I was waiting I looked around and saw how they were doing hair. They were washing and blow drying but they were pulling on the hair drying it on hot ass heat from sopping wet. Hell I can damage my own hair at home- and I wont overcharge myself.

:lachen:Love it!!

Oh yes I have! I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was on week 8 or 9 of a stretch and decided to go have my hair done. I had not combed my hair for two weeks trying not to manipulate it. When the wash girl washed my hair, she decided to pile it ontop of my hair vs washing in a downward motion. Big Mistake! My hair tangled so baldy with the hair being piled on my hair, one inch of new growth and two weeks worth of shedding coming out.

Long story short, my hair was in knots. A huge mess. The stylist went for a brush to BRUSH OUT MY WET TANGLED KNOTTY HAIR...and I mean a hard prongy bursh.

I jumped out of that chair so fast an said, not way. I ran out of the salon with wet knotty hair and all.

It took me three hours standing in shower to gently get out all of the knots and a fistfull of cutting.

But at the end of the day, I was so proud of myself for gettin' outta that chair. She must have been smoking something to think I would let her rip thru my hair with that brush.

Thats my story.

SmartyPants

I've learned two things from this thread:

(1) Put the police on speed dial in case I'm ever held hostage. :lachen:

(2) Learn Spanish. :lachen:

Seriously, OP, you have the patience of a saint. No way in hell would I have sat there for an hour.

My Story:

I got a touch-up about two weeks ago. I never ever ever blow dry and curl my hair. I always roller set because my hair will fall out if you look at it funny. My hair is about an inch to three inches depending on which part of my head we're talking about. I told the stylist I wanted a roller set. She tells me my hair is too short for a roller set. I told her that I roller set my own hair and she has a license. Roller setting is beauty school 101. So I know she can roller set my hair. If she hadn't roller set it, I was prepared to walk out with wet hair. She's just lucky I make it a policy to never put a relaxer in my own head--that's just asking for trouble--otherwise, I'd never go back.

BostonMaria

I've never walked out of a salon. Well that I can remember.
Last year I went to a salon and I was very upset at how the stylist shampoo'd the hell out of my hair then had the nerve to get mad at me because I wouldn't let her detangle with a rattail comb. I pulled out my own comb and detangled myself. Can you imagine? I am not paying somebody to rip out my hair. Oh and she kept blowdrying really close to my scalp to the point where one section had scabs! SMH It was tender to the touch for almost 2 weeks. Needless to say she won't see me again! I warned my DD not to go to her salon.

I'm a DIY'er too and I only went to the salon 3x last year. I see that the longer it gets the more I will have to stay away from the salon. My hair is way too thick.

NikkiGirl

I would have walked out if I were treated that way. I am a paying customer and this is how I am treated. No Way. They wouldn't even be in business if not for paying patrons. Someone needs a lesson in professionalism an customer service.

BostonMaria

I went to a salon a few years ago and I sat down and the shampoo girl kept ignoring me, taking people that arrived before me. I told my stylist and she was like oh you have to get her attention and demand that she wash your hair. I was like huh? That's way too complicated for me. I did it a few times, got tired of the bad service and never went back. That salon was so packed that you literally couldn't be reading a magazine because people would take your spot. You would have to be on high alert for shampoo's, deep conditioning, putting on the rollers, having your hair finished... oh heck no.

I don't even know how I ever put up with that mess.

Hair2Here

Good for you. I stopped waisting my weekends in beauty salons 10 years ago. I have a hair stylist that will never do me that way! Oh, shucks, wait a minute thats me!

Janet'

I have never walked out before...but I have never had an experience like that either. I certainly would walk out, though...it's MY hair, I'm paying YOU and that's the way you treat me? Nah...Good job, OP!

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
Yes! I left a place screaming once because she was cutting my hair to remove tangles. When I said something she said "well you just braid it up anyways" I almost went to jail.
I have also walked out of several nail salons, one lady cut my nails all off she thought I wanted acrylics and I was there for silks. I was too busy talking to notice till it was to late.

jazzyto

no but my sister did. she had been waiting like 2 hrs before her appt then when she finally got her relaxer, they left her sitting with conditioner for another 2 hrs. she walked out and didnt pay. the stylist had the nerve to call her talking about her paying the price of the relaxer. LOL.