Hask Henna N Placenta review

RosesBlack

I tried the Hask Henna N Placenta last night and I really like it.

My hair was a bit dry and hardish when I dried (air dried too damn hot in my house to try roller setting) so I used a bit more moisturizer than usual. But my hair feels strong and I noticed a lot less shedding today when I put my hair up in my mini bun. I don't have the henna super bling but My hair looks and feels nice.

I don't particularly like the smell. It's not bad but I think I'm spoiled with the Ors paks. Next time I will probably add a little cholesterol and probably a few squirts of oil to maximize the moisture.

And very good price I think I paid about 2.50 for it at Sallys.

DarkAngell

i love it! thats one thing that alway helped me repair my hair in the past. You're not lying about the smell though. That stuff is potent! Just selling it makes my eyes burn sometimes :lol:

schipperchow1

I like the extra strength because it doesn't have cones. This was something that I used to use in high school. I have no idea why I just stopped using it:confused: Anyway, about a month ago, I decided to go old school & try it again. I love it as a strengthener. I used it w/out extra oils twice to see how it worked on its own & I really like it. Since I have followed it w/a moisturizing condish, I don't feel the need to add anything to it. I think it works great w/out any additives:)

Mizani_Mrs

hey hon, sorry to rain on your parade but this info just as an fyi if you havent read it here before. Using hair products with placenta is considered bad for your health. these products contain horomones. someone posted a case where there was a study with the effects on babies and people and there were side effects such as abormal hair growth. sorry i cant remember the exact details, and sorry the 'search' feature still isnt working... so i just wanted to quickly inform you of this....

SouthernTease

Mizani_Mrs said:
hey hon, sorry to rain on your parade but this info just as an fyi if you havent read it here before. Using hair products with placenta is considered bad for your health. these products contain horomones. someone posted a case where there was a study with the effects on babies and people and there were side effects such as abormal hair growth. sorry i cant remember the exact details, and sorry the 'search' feature still isnt working... so i just wanted to quickly inform you of this....

Yeah, I've heard that too. It's something you don't want to use regularly. I have this product, I think it has caution label on the bottle. I've used it a couple of times, but I won't be buying it again.

StrawberryQueen

Mizani_Mrs said:
I was just about to come in here and say that. I don't know what kind of placenta (animal) it is, but I'm not putting it on my hair, all those horomones aren't good for you.

I just purchased this and will be using it soon. I won't use it too often because of the health risks, but then again, relaxers aren't too great for our health as well...as are most products we use (parabens, etc...)

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I used to use this all the time when I was relaxed. The only reason I no longer buy it is because it has parabens. It's an excellent condtioner tho. Years ago, a lady in sally's recommnended it to me. I tried it and was hooked. Sometimes meijers and other places sell 6 packs of this, which comes out cheaper than sally's.