Has anyone tried Hask Henna N' Placenta Conditioner

~NanCeBoTwin~

So I made a "quick" trip to the local asian bss today to get just a "few" things, LOL....

So as I'm looking around I notice a display for a new DC: Hask Henna N' Placenta Conditioner Treatment....It sounds great in theory, but I just don't know...so ladies let me know your thoughts.....

P.S.
I've never used Henna in my hair before, and I've been wanting to try...

Attachments

• 434848.jpg
    434848.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
  • texasbeautysupplycom_2040_31361921.jpg
    texasbeautysupplycom_2040_31361921.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 11

SparkleDoll

I remember reading an article and I believe that conditioner was on the list of conditioners to stay away from. The conditioner contains hormones and it could possibly cause breast cancer. The article stated that the hormones used in some haircare products made for black women caused more aggressive forms of breast cancer and it caused our daughter to physically develop earlier than average.

Yeah I read some where on blackhairmedia, that a girl got cancer from using products with placenta in it, I had a conditioner with placenta in it, and used it once and when I read the thread I trashed it in a heart beat and never looked back.....

cookie1

I didn't know the conditioner cause cancer but, I use to use it years ago and wasn't much on DC'ing and it worked great. My hair was in it's best health. I bought the newer one w/ Olive Oil and was planning on using it tomorrow but, now i'm scared. I'll try to research it.

Transformer

I'm a user, and it's one of my staple products. But this is not good time for me....I just found out 30 minutes ago that my 80 year old mother with Alzheimer now has breast cancer. I'm looking for an escape.

ETA: Did a little research ....email below

Last edited:
I used it years ago. I don't remember what the results were, but I don't remember them being bad results. I haven't used it in probably 15 years though.

Transformer

Here's the original story on Placenta products and cancer....everyone should analyze and consider the risk.

Recently WAMO news anchor and New Pittsburgh Courier freelance
Writer Allegra Battle did a story on this same subject and it was a feature
On the May 9, 5 p.m. KDKA news. But at the end of these stories we still
Did not have a list of the products. Battle gave me the list that didn't
Make her feature during a recent visit I made to the WAMO studio's
Promoting the Pittsburgh Race for the Cure. So many of my friends have seen
The stories on television or read about this issue in the paper and they
Want to know which products to be concerned about.
However I wanted to give you more so I went to the Internet and looked for articles from the Center for Environmental Oncology and found one entitled: Why Healthy People Get Cancer: Center Examines Environmental Suspects (update Spring 2005).
The article stated, one of immediate research priorities of the new
Center is the puzzling phenomenon of breast cancer in African-Americans
Under the age of 40, who have nearly twice as much breast cancer as do white
Women.
The center will work with Silent Spring Institute, a Massachusetts based cancer institute, to identify suspect contaminants and ingredients in hair care products and other personal products regularly used by African-American young women and their mothers.
More recently, attention has turned to estrogenic compounds in hair
Care products used by Black women as a possible explanation for higher
Cancer rates in this population. I've started to carry copies of the list in
My purse but we're going to share it with you right here. The list
Simply says: The following is a list of products that have previously been
Found to contain hormones:
Placenta Shampoo
Queen Helene Placenta cream hair conditioner
Placenta revitalizing shampoo
Perm Repair with placenta
Proline Perm Repair with placenta
Hormone hair food Jojoba oil
Triple action super grow
Supreme Vita-Gro
Luster's Sur Glo Hormone
B & B Super Gro
Lekair natural Super Glo
Lekair Hormone hair treatment with Vitamin E
Isoplus Hormone hair treatment wit Quinine
Fermodyl with Placenta hair conditioner
Supreme Vita-Gro with allantoin and estrogen plus TEA-COCO>
Hask Placenta Hair conditioner
Nu Skin body smoother
Nu Skin Enhancer
The majority of these products contain placental extract, placenta, hormones or estrogen. As early as 1983 Dr. Devra Davis (epidemiologist and director of the Center for Environmental oncology, part of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute) and co-researcher Leon Bradlow advanced the theory that xenoestrogens, synthetic estrogen imitators, were a possible cause of breast cancer.
Davis also says, "most cases of breast cancer are not born, but made And the more hormones a woman is exposed to in her lifetime, the greater Her risk of breast cancer."
We need to be more cautious of the products that we use on our hair
And our bodies and demand that more information about our health is
Shared.
Ladies and gentlemen beware.

Transformer

http://www.sanreorganic.com/eblast/january2009/january2009.html
TOP TEN INGREDIENTS TO AVOID:
1)Fragrance (synthetic): Companies can put any chemical they desire into the product and list it as fragrance, since fragrance is considered proprietary. "Fragrance" typically contains a host of harmful chemicals, such as:

* Phthalates
* Parabens
* Dioxins

2) Mercury: Mercury is still an ingredient in many eye drops and mascaras. It is listed as thimerosal. The dangers of mercury include:

* Profound central nervous system effects
* Impairment of heart & lung function

* Birth defects

3) Phthalates: In synthetic fragrances, nail polishes and hair sprays, as well as soft plastic toys and vinyl shower curtains. Phthalates can cause:

* Endocrine disruption
* Damage to liver & testes
* Birth defects
* Cancer
* Asthma in children

4) Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate: Contained in about 95% of foaming products, and 50% of personal care products, it is difficult to find a product that doesn’t contain it when you comb through the drug store shelves. SLS can cause:

* Skin and eye irritation

* Hair loss
* Microscopic damage to gum tissue, leading to gum disease and increased incidence of canker sores.
* An increase in the permeability of the skin, enhancing the absorption of other potentially harmful chemical ingredients
* It is also usually contaminated with toxic by-products from the manufacturing process.

5) Parabens: These widely used preservatives in cosmetics and hair care products can:

* Disrupt hormones
* Increase the risk of certain cancers
* Cause infertility
* Cause allergic skin reactions & irritation

6) Triclosan and Triclocarban: Commonly used in anti-bacterial products, they:

* Interfere with thyroid function
* Create "super-germs", leading to bacterial resistance to antibiotics
* Weaken the immune system
* Alter sex hormones
* Are linked to birth defects
* Cause cancer
* In the environment and at home, combine with chlorine in tap water to produce dangerous chloroform and chlorinated dioxins

And actually, antibacterial soaps have not been found to be any more effective at killing germs than plain old soap and water.

7) Placenta: Placenta is added to some hair relaxers and is extremely high in hormones, mainly estrogen. Linked to premature breast and sexual development in young girls.

8) Hydroquinone: Banned in many countries, hydroquinone is a common ingredient in skin lighteners. It is a known carcinogen.

9) Diethanolamine (DEA): Found in almost all conventional soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions and cosmetics. DEA is readily absorbed by the skin and accumulates in the internal organs. DEA:

o Causes impaired vision
o Is linked to damage to the kidney, brain, spinal cord, bone marrow, liver and skin in animal tests
o Combines with common nitrate preservatives in cosmetics to form nitrosodiethanolamine (NDLA)-A potent carcinogen

7) Placenta: Placenta is added to some hair relaxers and is extremely high in hormones, mainly estrogen. Linked to premature breast and sexual development in young girls.

8) Hydroquinone: Banned in many countries, hydroquinone is a common ingredient in skin lighteners. It is a known carcinogen.

9) Diethanolamine (DEA): Found in almost all conventional soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions and cosmetics. DEA is readily absorbed by the skin and accumulates in the internal organs. DEA:

* Causes impaired vision
* Is linked to damage to the kidney, brain, spinal cord, bone marrow, liver and skin in animal tests
* Combines with common nitrate preservatives in cosmetics to form nitrosodiethanolamine (NDLA)-A potent carcinogen

10) Formaldehyde: Still used as a preservative in many cosmetics, face creams, shampoos, bubble bath, deodorants and nail products. Causes:

* Eye, nose and throat irritation
* Coughing
* Asthma attacks
* Nausea
* Vomiting
* Nose bleeds
* Ear infections
* Headaches
* Dizziness
* Weakens the immune system
* Cancer in animal tests

Now you know what to avoid, although this is in no way a complete list. There are 1000’s of chemicals used in all sorts of personal care products. So, how can you avoid these pervasive chemicals that seem to be in every product?

Use the internet to create a list of products to avoid…then take that list with you when you shop.

Only buy products that fully disclose all ingredients used to make it. If there’s no ingredient list, why would you use the product to put on your body when you have no idea what’s in it?

Choose organic! And, be wary of labels. “All natural” really means nothing when it comes down to it. This word and others like it are not regulated. Instead, look at the ingredient list again. Any item that is organic, should be listed as such in the ingredients.

Shop at health food stores or at organic online companies. However, don’t assume it’s safe just because you’re buying there…continue to check labels. Yes, it may cost more, but what’s a couple dollars more when you are preventing future adverse dangers, such as skin problems, or worse, cancer?

You shouldn’t feel daunted by this process. There are some of us that can completely clean out their medicine cabinets and start over with healthier products immediately. If so, this a great time to start your new year on the right foot. You will probably see the results of your changes with fewer skin problems, etc.

If you can’t replace everything, begin to reduce your exposure to these chemicals by replacing one product at a time. When you see a sale or use an old item up, start fresh with an organic alternative. SanRe Organic Skinfood fully discloses all ingredients in our products. Simply go to SanRe’s website (www.sanreorganic.com) and you can find a complete listing of ingredients AND exactly what each ingredient is used for! We are the type of responsible company you want to shop from!

Most importantly, begin to protect babies and children immediately. They have sensitive, susceptible, and growing systems that should be taken care of. They will be protected now and will see these benefits later in life.

But remember, it’s never to late for you to start! The reduction of these chemicals in your and your family’s life will provide wonderful benefits without the dangers.

manter26

I used it recently and didn't notice anything spectacular. I did however notice a really foul chemical smell when i blow dried my hair. i tried to ignore it and started flat ironing but it was so bad i ended up washing my hair again. i dunno if i didn't rinse it out completely but it was enough for me to never buy it again.

My mom told me years ago that perm repair was the reason black women have large chests and rear ends. she also said that hormones in chicken could cause this. Although i didn't research anything this totally makes sense. My family is originally from england and english ppl are known for having rather flat rear ends. its interesting cuz the longer we've been in the US correlates with the development of our bodies. my older sister has an a/b cup and a flat behind and my little sis is on the higher end of dd and has a really large behind while i'm somewhere in the middle.

Skiggle

I used it recently and didn't notice anything spectacular. I did however notice a really foul chemical smell when i blow dried my hair. i tried to ignore it and started flat ironing but it was so bad i ended up washing my hair again. i dunno if i didn't rinse it out completely but it was enough for me to never buy it again.

My mom told me years ago that perm repair was the reason black women have large chests and rear ends. she also said that hormones in chicken could cause this. Although i didn't research anything this totally makes sense. My family is originally from england and english ppl are known for having rather flat rear ends. its interesting cuz the longer we've been in the US correlates with the development of our bodies. my older sister has an a/b cup and a flat behind and my little sis is on the higher end of dd and has a really large behind while i'm somewhere in the middle.

I used this twice. It DOES have a foul odor, when its on
your hair and then it lingers afterward.:perplexed
I'm glad I read this thread, thanks for the
heads up!!!

Dominican09

I was coming in here to comment on how great this product was for my hair...Thanks for the bump...I will never, ever buy this product or anything with "placenta" in it...

melodies815

Bumping for GP....so many products we should avoid. I was shocked to read about formaldehyde and I know some ladies here who BKT use products with that chemical in it. It makes me nervous for them. Forgive me if I don't know something that should make me less concerned. I mean no offense to anyone who straightens with BKT. :nono:

I am quite concerned and hope a lot more people read so they can know what to avoid....

Much love and healthy hair growing to everyone...

cj

MzV1991

OH MYYY GOD! i just used this product. and it is heaven sent on my hair...The best results ive ever had in my head from a conditioner. Ill use my next packet and no more placenta for me :( Im so sad i thought i finally found the product for me because my hair is sooooo moisturized and strong and soft and shiny...okay sorry NO MORE placenta

Ivonnovi

Thank You Ebonybee and "Wow" a the whole post. The bolded and the content of the provides me more of a reason why I avoid products that don't use "proper spelling" or claim some "out-standing miracle growth substance! SMDH

Here's the original story on Placenta products and cancer....everyone should analyze and consider the risk.

Recently WAMO news anchor and New Pittsburgh Courier freelance
Writer Allegra Battle did a story on this same subject and it was a feature
On the May 9, 5 p.m. KDKA news. But at the end of these stories we still
Did not have a list of the products. Battle gave me the list that didn't
Make her feature during a recent visit I made to the WAMO studio's
Promoting the Pittsburgh Race for the Cure. So many of my friends have seen
........... (some text deleted).......

The center will work with Silent Spring Institute, a Massachusetts based cancer institute, to identify suspect contaminants and ingredients in hair care products and other personal products regularly used by African-American young women and their mothers.
More recently, attention has turned to estrogenic compounds in hair
Care products used by Black women as a possible explanation for higher
Cancer rates in this population. I've started to carry copies of the list in
My purse but we're going to share it with you right here. The list
Simply says: The following is a list of products that have previously been
Found to contain hormones:
Placenta Shampoo
Queen Helene Placenta cream hair conditioner
Placenta revitalizing shampoo
Perm Repair with placenta
Proline Perm Repair with placenta
Hormone hair food Jojoba oil
Triple action super grow
Supreme Vita-Gro
Luster's Sur Glo Hormone
B & B Super Gro
Lekair natural Super Glo
Lekair Hormone hair treatment with Vitamin E
Isoplus Hormone hair treatment wit Quinine
Fermodyl with Placenta hair conditioner
Supreme Vita-Gro with allantoin and estrogen plus TEA-COCO>
Hask Placenta Hair conditioner
Nu Skin body smoother
Nu Skin Enhancer
The majority of these products contain placental extract, placenta, hormones or estrogen. As early as 1983 Dr. Devra Davis (epidemiologist and director of the Center for Environmental oncology, part of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute) and co-researcher Leon Bradlow advanced the theory that xenoestrogens, synthetic estrogen imitators, were a possible cause of breast cancer.
Davis also says, "most cases of breast cancer are not born, but made And the more hormones a woman is exposed to in her lifetime, the greater Her risk of breast cancer."
We need to be more cautious of the products that we use on our hair
And our bodies and demand that more information about our health is
Shared.
Ladies and gentlemen beware.

bimtheduck

I tried it once about a year ago. My hair felt nice afterward. At first when I saw henna I shrinked away bc I thought it would color my hair but I read up on it and it doesn't so I tried it. It was so long ago but I don't think I was amazed, I'd have to revist it again.

dancinstallion

Who still uses this? Lustrasilk has a cholesterol called jojoba and placenta that I have used. I was wondering if this Henna N Placenta could take the place of a regular henna treatment with outh the fuss.

I don't believe placenta caused puberty in young girls. The milk we drink has also been linked to causing early puberty and breast growth in young girls. It is the Hormone RBGH. Google it. So what next are they going to blame it on. I think it is the milk since we ingest milk more often than coming across placenta in hair products. Placenta in hair products wasn't even common 8 years ago. The RBGH in mlk has been going on for decades so what is the real culprit??

gadgetdiva

Wow thanks for this info! I used to use it a lot! I'm glad I stopped buying it about a year ago. I hope that there isn't any damage done.

gadgetdiva

Who still uses this? Lustrasilk has a cholesterol called jojoba and placenta that I have used. I was wondering if this Henna N Placenta could take the place of a regular henna treatment with outh the fuss.

I don't believe placenta caused puberty in young girls. The milk we drink has also been linked to causing early puberty and breast growth in young girls. It is the Hormone RBGH. Google it. So what next are they going to blame it on. I think it is the milk since we ingest milk more often than coming across placenta in hair products. Placenta in hair products wasn't even common 8 years ago. The RBGH in mlk has been going on for decades so what is the real culprit??

You're right and chicken as well. I kept my daughters off regular chicken and they're developing 'on time'. For the past four years I've tried to warn a friend about allowing her daughter, who is a couple of years younger than mine, so much chicken (especially from Church's fast food) and she is developing prematurely now she is freaking out.

dancinstallion

You're right and chicken as well. I kept my daughters off regular chicken and they're developing 'on time'. For the past four years I've tried to warn a friend about allowing her daughter, who is a couple of years younger than mine, so much chicken (especially from Church's fast food) and she is developing prematurely now she is freaking out.

That is true about the chicken. It is more about what we eat than anything. Eating at least some of the healthy foods daily/weekly will ward off any damage to the body. especially the small damage from this product if it causes any damage at all. Like you said so many people eat the wrong things daily then they wonder why things happen.