Has anyone used Biotin and had no breakouts?

atlien

I brought some Biotin today, but I kept my receipt because I did a LHCF search and read that it may give you the pizza face.

I like my skin and have almost no breakouts...If Biotin causes the pizza face I will be taking it back.

I brought it because I am experiencing some shedding that I would like to stop in its tracks..and also stylist are recommending taking Biotin for thick healthy hair.

So has anyone taken Biotin and seen little to no breakouts?

Ms.Honey

I brought some Biotin today, but I kept my receipt because I did a LHCF search and read that it may give you the pizza face.

I like my skin and have almost no breakouts...If Biotin causes the pizza face I will be taking it back.

I brought it because I am experiencing some shedding that I would like to stop in its tracks..and also stylist are recommending taking Biotin for thick healthy hair.

I've been taking it with no breakouts. It doesn't happen to everyone. I may be taking less than those who are suffering from it though or my biotin could just be fake crap:grin: I think it's good biotin though but no breakouts here:drunk:

drasgrl

Me. I haven't had any and I've been taking them for a few months. I don't take the other B vitamins either. I was taking 5k mg but I've upped it to two pills 10k mg for the past two weeks.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I don't get breakouts from biotin. But I also drink tons of water. I make sure to drink 40 oz each time I take my vitamins. I've never had a biotin breakout or weird dreams from MSM.

ImFree27

When I first started taking biotin I have very bad breakouts, but it doesnt happen anymore, maybe because i'm eating better and working out more

KPH

House Head
i haven't had any breakouts, however, the first few weeks I itched on my head, neck and shoulders something TERRIBLE.

iasade

I read those posts as well and learned that if you take it and drink tons of water, you shouldn't experience breakouts. So far, I have been taking it for 3 weeks with only 1 new pimple, which is normal for me each month.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I took them last year consistently without any outbreaks, I've started back taking them about 2mos ago and so far so good, I guess it depends on the person.

fluffylocks

I dont usually get acne, and when i was using this i was drinking like 0 waters a day, and i got a huge pimple on my forhead LOL, when i started atleast drinking water it was all good.---I use it now and i drink water, no problem.

nodisrespect

I used it for awhile and I didn't break out. But I drink lots of water and exercise as a general part of my lifestyle, and as an extra precaution I started washing my face like three times a day. I can't do a pizza face :nono: I was taking 4000 a day.

MD_Lady

I haven't, but I'm taking a supplement (from GNC) that has a ton of Biotin in it, not pure Biotin.

Chromia

I haven't had breakouts from biotin. I've had acne in the past and I still get the occasional zit, but my skin has gotten better recently and I've really been slacking on my acne medication.

I started using biotin on February 4. I started with 300 mcg daily. I've been gradually working my way up. Today I took 4600 mcg. I plan to stop increasing when I get to 5000 mcg daily.

The brands that I've used are Vitamin Shoppe, Puritan's Pride, and Spring Valley (Wal-Mart).

I also take Women's One-A-Day. That contains other B vitamins, which probably helps to prevent breakouts. I read in other biotin threads here that it's important to take other B vitamins when you're taking biotin to prevent breakouts.

I take MSM and drink a lot of water also.

nycutiepie

I've been taking Vitamin Shoppe 5mg for over a year and I take MSM and I do not really drink water........well, at least I don't remember to drink it. I have ZERO acne and I have great skin.......from what people tell me at least :look:. I think the MSM is what gives me the good skin. I take 1 teaspoon daily of the pure crystal MSM.

mspm

I have had acne for the majority of my life, but the Biotin has not caused me to break out, and I've been taking 4.5 mg a day. I try to drink about 12 glasses of water a day. I think the key is to drink a lot of water.

God bless.

joy30906

Ladies what is the difference between biotin and msm? Can you take both at the same time? Do you have to take one or the other? TIA