Biotin.. I NEED HELP!!!!

julzinha

I started using biotin and now I have these black patches on my forehead that feel pretty rough. I NEED to get rid of them. I know it was the biotin because my regimen stayed the same except for the addition of biotin. I really want these patches gone!!!!

Can anyone who has experienced breakouts or patches because of biotin offer advice on how to get rid of them?

Thanks

julzinha

Not really i drink maybe 12oz a day but I will increase that to 2 liters a day if it will work

LadyPaniolo

For success with biotin you must do 2 things:
1) drink plenty of pure water. It sounds like you may not be drinking enough.
2) Take a B-complex tablet WITH the biotin. Every time you take biotin, take the B-complex at the same time.

These two things will prevent the "biotin bumps".

ETA: to heal your skin, try applying pure aloe vera juice/gel, allowing it to dry, and then applying pure vitamin E oil. I use a vitamin E capsule (the kind you swallow) and puncture it with a needle, then rub the oil over the afflicted skin. All kinds of skin ailments can be fixed up nicely this way. :yep:

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

Are you sure you are only drinking 12 oz of water a day? One bottle is usually 16. You have to drink a lot of water when taking biotin or any other supplement.

ladytee2

2) Take a B-complex tablet WITH the biotin. Every time you take biotin, take the B-complex at the same time.

ETA: to heal your skin, try applying pure aloe vera juice/gel, allowing it to dry, and then applying pure vitamin E oil. I use a vitamin E capsule (the kind you swallow) and puncture it with a needle, then rub the oil over the afflicted skin. All kinds of skin ailments can be fixed up nicely this way. :yep:

This is excellent advice. IMHO Some people will experience some kind of detox when they first start taking it. I started experiencing breakouts but I found out it was from the glycerin I put in my leave in spray bottle.

kandi1280

One common rule of thumb is that you should drink half your body weight in ounces. I'm 140 lbs so I drink 70 ounces a day. That's 4.5 bottles of water (16oz bottles).

Tif392002

yup, i had them the first month i started taking them... then i started reading around on how to counteract that, water......water....... i drink at least a half a gallon a day. it will make the spots go away, make your skin clear up all around..... and help your hair grow..

hillytmj

ITA with this advice. I've taken B-complex for four years now, and only added biotion to my regimen because I didn't want to keep spending $20 on a bottle of Nioxin vitamins. I never experienced breakouts due to biotin, so perhaps the B-complex theory is working with me too (and I'm not a big water-drinker).

I think the amount of biotin you take also makes a difference. I normally take the smallest amount (1000mcg, I think) versus the 5000 that is often discussed on LHCF.