Has Anyone Used Aphogee's 2-step Protein Treatment?

NaturalShe94

Hi ladies,

I'm a little new to this site. I've never had a protein treatment before, but, I have a lot of breakage. I believe my hair won't get past w-hip length because of this (My goal is TBL)... So I did some research and came across protein treatments. I saw a lot of women talking about Aphogee's 2-Step Protein Treatment...
Has anyone ever tried it??
What was it like?
Does it really help with breakage?

SheWalks

It's stinky, can be a bit messy because it's runny but it should get your breakage in order. It's a bit scary at first because your hair does get hard but I've never had a problem with it my hair was always stronger and softer after I used it. I've stopped using it because of the smell and mess.. But it's a good place to start if you need protein now because you can get it in most bss stores.

NaturalShe94

I would say try the 2 min reconstructor first. The 2 step is really hardcore. If your hair doesn't like or need that much protein it could do more damage than good.

I'm natural and find the 2 min is enough for my hair. I wouldn't dare try the 2 step.

Lol! Okay, I won't go for the 2 step just yet then... Taking baby steps....

NaturalShe94

Okay, so I went to the beauty supply store and the very nice lady told me to try the 2 step, if my hair has never had a protein treatment, it could be really needing one.... She also told me to only use it every 6 weeks or more IF NEEDED! She was so helpful...... So I used it yesterday morning.... OMGGGG! I loved it.... Yes, It stinks, its messy, it dried my scalp out for real, I may have used too much, who knows, whatever, lol.... BUT, the results as far as breakage goes! I have VERY little to nearly NO BREAKAGE AT ALL! I really like it a lot! My hair is so much stronger after just one use. I'm completely surprised. && Trust me I am HARD to please when it comes to my hair, lol.

lilikoi

Okay, so I went to the beauty supply store and the very nice lady told me to try the 2 step, if my hair has never had a protein treatment, it could be really needing one.... She also told me to only use it every 6 weeks or more IF NEEDED! She was so helpful...... So I used it yesterday morning.... OMGGGG! I loved it.... Yes, It stinks, its messy, it dried my scalp out for real, I may have used too much, who knows, whatever, lol.... BUT, the results as far as breakage goes! I have VERY little to nearly NO BREAKAGE AT ALL! I really like it a lot! My hair is so much stronger after just one use. I'm completely surprised. && Trust me I am HARD to please when it comes to my hair, lol.

Happy to hear you got such positive results with your first use! I really love that treatment. Just make sure you give your hair extra moisture to alleviate the slight increase in hardness (and therefore brittleness) in your hair. That means moisturizing deep conditioning and moisture supplement between washes.

Good luck with you hair and welcome to LHCF!

NaturalShe94

Happy to hear you got such positive results with your first use! I really love that treatment. Just make sure you give your hair extra moisture to alleviate the slight increase in hardness (and therefore brittleness) in your hair. That means moisturizing deep conditioning and moisture supplement between washes.

Good luck with you hair and welcome to LHCF!

Thanks! And yeah, I did get a crazy amount of dryness with it... I conditioned with the balancing conditioner that comes with it, then used my Shea Moisture Frizz Defense Masque to deep condition.... Then Coconut Oiled my hair and braided it up.... That dryness was crazy, I can say that much...

Fhrizzball

Target sells Aphogee now and has a 2 step hair strengthening kit that I believe is supposed be me midway between the two minute and two step treatment so that's something to try out if the two minute isn't strong enough but you don't care for the application or strength of the two step.

NaturalShe94

Target sells Aphogee now and has a 2 step hair strengthening kit that I believe is supposed be me midway between the two minute and two step treatment so that's something to try out if the two minute isn't strong enough but you don't care for the application or strength of the two step.

I bought the strengthing kit as well. The 2-step seems to be pretty hardcore, like the other ladies said, so I decided in about 6-8 weeks, if my hair seems to be breaking again for whatever reason, I'd use the strengthing kit vs using the 2 step again.