Protein Treatment

aevieal

Well ladies, it seems that I am in need of some advice. I'm normally a lurker here at the forums taking what I can here and there to add to my regime. Now it seems I've come to a problematic standstill with my hair. (And until I get my cell phone in January, I can't show you anything yet.)

I think my hair is suffering from breakage. In the past it was very minimal, but I noticed it's got worse lately. I moisturize and deep condition like a pro, but I'm fail when it comes to treating my hair with protein. I think my hair may be in need of a serious protein treatment to prevent further breakage. I'm pretty sure that it's the reason my hair isn't exactly growing past shoulder length right now.

Can anyone suggest their best protein treatment products? I'm aware of Aphogee's 2-Step, but my experience with it was a little messy. Still, it was only once and I wasn't exactly pro when I tried it. I'm all for giving it another go again if it's an exceptional product for protein treatment. Any tips on products that minimize hair breakage would be great! Thanks ladies!

If you need some serious protein I'd suggest Aphogee 2-step...it's worth the mess, but you can put it in a spray bottle for easier application

I vote for Esq.2B - any of those products are reasonable and very effective. I assume you have breakage from the ends, or are they further up the shaft of the hair? Do you have a relaxer - if so, lye or no-lye?

I was having some pretty serious breakage and I started using the Aphogee 2 minute and it has curbed my breakage by a ton.:yep: I leave it on for about 3-4 minutes.

I may get flack for this, but I actually like Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum and Ion Reconstructer Treatment. Both are cheap and can be found in Sally's...

I've tried the Aphogee 2 step and wasn't a big fan. However, I love using MegaTek for my protein treatments. If I'm seeing any breakage, I just put that on my hair for 5 minutes after pooing and the breakage is stopped. I do follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. I don't hae a set regimen for this though. I just use as needed. I use AO GPB on a more regular basis for protein maintenance. I realize that MT may not be considered a "treatment" by some, but if the point is to stop the breakage, then this def works (at least for me).

Back