Has anyone use velcro rollers?

MsLizziA

I just recently bought velcro rollers because i SUCK at rolling my natural hair on magnetic rollers. I have never tried the mesh before SO when i heard about the velcro rollers, i thought they may be a great idea to try.

So i bought some and am waiting for them to arrive. Has anyone here ever used velcro rollers? If so, what were your results like?

beans

I'm curious what others have to say about this. I would assume they would tear at natural hair and after doing a quick search I saw I wasn't the only one.

Jewell

Hi, I used Velcro rollers (teal in color, so medium-large size diameter) a few years back on my bone straight relaxed hair, and though they gave some curl and volume, I didn't like how they were getting tangled in my hair! I still have them, but would only use if I didn't have any other rollers to get by on. In short, I would give them a 4 out of a 1-10 scale for how they worked with my hair. I definitely would not recommend them for natural hair unless it is straightened, b/c they can be easily tangled in the hair (think of how a round bristle brush can get wrapped up in the hair accidentally).

sqzbly1908

I am not natural but I use Velcro rollers ...only on dry hair..I sometimes sleep in them or put them in my hair in the morning before getting in the shower while letting the steam set my hair...I have been using them for over 15 years...

Last edited:

isawstars

I used them when I had bangs growing up.

Are you using them everyday? If so, then I suggest examining your ends every few days to make sure it doesn't cause split ends...

MsLizziA

Hi, I used Velcro rollers (teal in color, so medium-large size diameter) a few years back on my bone straight relaxed hair, and though they gave some curl and volume, I didn't like how they were getting tangled in my hair! I still have them, but would only use if I didn't have any other rollers to get by on. In short, I would give them a 4 out of a 1-10 scale for how they worked with my hair. I definitely would not recommend them for natural hair unless it is straightened, b/c they can be easily tangled in the hair (think of how a round bristle brush can get wrapped up in the hair accidentally).
I would have thought the spikes in them would help smooth and set natural hair better. Hmmm. guess i was wrong. But the magnetic ones are hell for me because my hair always slides off and my ends never stay smooth

moriahar

I've used velcro rollers on straightened hair. I let them stay in over night. I wasn't impressed with the curl, it was more like a very slight bump at best. They also go tangled in my hair. I wouldn't get them again.

I think they're f0r straight hair that's mostly dry.. when I get my sew in as a protective style I plan to get them... a natural on YT puts them in her straight hair.. I believe her name is taren but d0nt qu0te me =)

UGQueen

i personally dont like em cause they cause too much breakage on wet hair i remember back in the day they used to be FILLED with hair.
i would only use on dry hair if even that

Blkprincess

just the sight of those bad boys scared the mess out of me and my hair!! :lachen: my hair tangles like the devil on its own already (straightened, tex'd, trans'g). I'm glad to hear some of you ladies have used them successfully.

Blkprincess

just the sight of those bad boys scared the mess out of me and my hair!! :lachen: my hair tangles like the devil on its own already (straightened, tex'd, trans'g). I'm glad to hear some of you ladies have used them successfully.

Vintageglam

Bad move OP.... If you are a type 3/4 I think these will rip your hair out.

I use them on my weaves and half wigs in the morning when I want to add movement, shape and a bit of volume. I do not think they curl per se as this is not what they are designed for. They are more for volume and root lift/ control.