Has anyone noticed buildup with Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1?

veggiegirl314

I LOVE this stuff. I really do. But I'm SOOOO heavy-handed with it, and I want to make sure that there's nothing in it that could cause buildup. I cowash everyday, shampoo every other week, and clarify once a month.

Any input? Thanks so much, ladies!

veggiegirl314

Oh, and here are the ingredients, FYI:

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PEG-47 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetimide AME, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Menthol, Panthenol DL, Jojoba Oil, Anjelica Root Extract, Articum Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Nettle Extract, Oatmeal Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Fragrance

AtlantaJJ

I have a bottle of this for sale...or give away.

It's the dern mineral oil....I need to go start a thread over in the product exchange.

AtlantaJJ

Oh, and here are the ingredients, FYI:

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PEG-47 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetimide AME, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Menthol, Panthenol DL, Jojoba Oil, Anjelica Root Extract, Articum Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Nettle Extract, Oatmeal Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Fragrance
This product has a few things that will cause build up and a few things I don't know what they heck they do that's why I will not use it on my head. That MO and PG is way too high on the list for my liking. You can do way better than that with a more natural based product.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Yes, I got buildup on my hair from using Hawaiian Silky 14 when I was doing the "Jheri Juice Challenge". When I first started using it, it was great for moisture and softness. As I kept using it, it started to build-up on my hair making it look dull/grayish. I prefer S-Curl No Drip Formula instead.

Amerie2304

I returned mine back to Sally's after a couple uses. I bought this plus the S Curl moisturizer at the same time and I like S Curl better.

Nasdaq_Diva

I haven't been using it as much as I had since it's getting colder. But, when I have used it, I liked it more than the Scurl.

Amoreofcurls

I like HS14n1, but I LOVE Scurl, based on the ingredients of HS its a given that build up will occur.I rarely use it but, I only use it when I know my hair is gonna be washed soon...

LuvlyRain3

I noticed a little build up when i was using this HS14N1. I switched to s curl a couple of weeks ago. Its way better. I even use s curl in my version of kimmaytubes leavin. Works wonders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App