Has anyone gotten their hair cut or straightened at an aveda salon

pinkchocolatedaisy

I know there are threads about Aveda haircolor, which is why I have a consultation appt this Saturday. But had anyone ever gotten their hair cut or straightened there? I am thinking about it but eould love to hear your experiences even though I know it varies from each salon/stylist.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I've been twice!! Once in April and again in December. I plan to go again in May. I love it! It feels really refreshing to have someone ask me about my daily hair care and works towards my ultimate goals. For example, if I was to go to my old stylist, she would always just cut my hair, wash it with some shampoo, complain about how dry it was, etc etc etc. With the Aveda stylist, they always do a consultation, ask you what you do to your hair on a daily/weekly basis, and they use products that work well with your regimen. I'm not afraid to tell them that I only co-wash and I use OCT and avoid direct heat & scissors. When I went in December and told the stylist my last trim was in January 08, she thought that was great and said most people only need to trim once a year, especially if the goal is longer healthier hair!

All-in-all, I had a wonderful experience and I make it a point to visit for special occasions or as a treat to myself!

blessedandlucky

i've been going to an aveda salon for the last 6 years. i've had my hair cut many times there and loved it one. it does depend on the stylist, but the consultation that is built in the first time you visit makes it hard to mess up. good luck:) i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

pinkchocolatedaisy

Well I had my consultation today and I must say I was impressed. For starters they had black customers in there getting their hair done. I got a good vibe from the employees etc. The colorist I spoke to asked me about my hair and how I care for it. She said she loved my hair and how soft it was and commented on how great she thought it was that I didn't relax it and that it looks like I take real good care of it. She agreed with me that a small trim would be good, like about less than half an inch. And she also said it was very important to gradually lighten my hair as its very porous (judging by seeing traces of color on my ends from my last diy color job 7 months ago). I am sure I shouldve asked more questions but I was very impressed and I'm looking forward to my appt next month!

Nonie

Not to discourage you but it was at an Aveda salon where I went in w/ shoulder length hair to learn how to shingle because the stylist I went to see came highly recommended. I guess they straighten often because the receptionist saw my 4B afro and immediately assumed I was there for a press. I told her I wasn't and that I had an appointment for shingling. My stylist asked me if she could texturize my hair (<--that should've been a sign that my texture scares her or is one she isn't used to working with). I turned that down too. Then she tried to suggest color. (I have never been a fan of any other color on me but black so that was a no-no too.) Anyway, she gave me an awesome DC with Aveda Damage Remedy and then told me she'd give me a trim. That's where she started to go wrong--OK, maybe her previous suggestions were not cool either coz we'd talked about my wants in advance and so I didn't appreciate the attempt to detour, but that was nothing compared to what followed. Instead of a trim--and I trusted her coz I was told she loves to help people grow hair and isn't scissor happy--she gave me a BC. I went in with hair this long and left with hair this short in a style that looked this ugly. :nono: Let's just say, it was that experience that convinced me that no one can do my hair as well as I can or love it as much as I do. I'ma hurt the next heifer that tries to get her paws on my mane. :bat:

spinspinshuga

I had a bad Aveda experience. The stylist I got blowfried my hair to the extreme, didn't even get my hair completely straight, after all that blowdrying, and gave me a terrible cut from which my hair still hasn't recovered (this was three years ago.) She put virtually no products in my hair, and it was very dry.
In all fairness, it was probably just my stylist that was so awful, but I personally won't be returning!