Anyone been to an Aveda Salon? POST YOUR EXPERIENCES HERE.

zzirvingj

I am looking to go to Salon Nede', it's an Aveda Salon here in Atlanta. Has anyone had services done at an Aveda Salon before? I am especially inerested in hearing from people who've gotton a press and/or color in their hair.

What is an Aveda "concept" salon? Sometimes I hear people refer to some Aveda salons as being "concept" salons and I have no idea what that means :confused:

TIA!

JLove74

an Aveda Concept salon is one that primarily uses Aveda products, not owned by Aveda.

I had some highlights done at an Aveda Concept Salon in 2004 - loved it and the stylist. I've recommended a few people to this particular stylist and they've had great outcomes as well. I used to regularly go to an Aveda Salon in Georgetown until the stylist moved away:mad: again, loved it. She was a white stylist, but could flat iron and cut my hair like nobody's business:) And lastly, I've had services from the Aveda Institute and have always been pleased with the services and the professionalism of the staff and students.

But as with any salon, it's not the salon but the Stylist that determines the outcome - good or bad.

hOnii

I currently get my hair done at an Aveda Salon in Dillards. I work there, so I save 25% on services in the salon. I suppose that's what keeps me going back. The first time I went to see the stylist (at the time, they only had one lady who could do relaxers), she ended up chopping up my hair, and it seemed as if she thinned/shortened my bangs!! I was horrified, and had to start adding extensions to the front of my hair so that I didn't look bald. This went on for months. Other than that, the relaxer was great, and I never mind getting my hair cut, so I thought that I would go back to her again (since I get my discount), but this time forbid her from touching my bangs! After that, everything has been OK. She isn't the best styler-- I could never go somewhere right after getting my hair done. I'll almost always have to stop in the bathroom and fix my hair to my liking... :-/

She's always trying to push products on me too, and when I don't jump on whatever she suggests, she gets all moody... I broke down and bought the universal styling creme once, and tried it, and hated the consistency, so I brought it back. I told her what I thought of it, and what kind of products I was using instead, and she pretty much told me that they weren't going to penetrate my hair, and that my hair would just keep breaking if i didn't use the usc. I asked her if there was anything else that she could recommend with a different consistency, not necessarily made by Aveda, and she said no. She's always trying to tell me about my hair, and it annoys me, because she is just an outsider, who gets to work with my hair like.. everyb 7-8 weeks, and it's ME who deals with it every day! At this point, I'm looking for another stylist. I just can't take the constant condescending anymore.. BUT, like it was said before, a good experience really depends on the stylist!

ajoyfuljoy

I've never been to one but I can say that the Brilliant Universal Styling Creme works well if you use it on damp hair and very sparingly. It works wonders for my hair. I love Aveda products. And just like one of the other ladies said, if you get a good stylist and make that your focus, you'll always be O.K.

But adding the Aveda products into the mix will make everything better.

malachi74

I went to an Aveda salon but not to get my hair done. My SO gave me a gift certificate a few burthdays ago for a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure. It was excellent. Believe me I was looking around at the ladies getting their hair done and it looked like the stylists knew what they were doing but that's all I can say. They do try to puch the products on you when you're heading out the door, but I think that's with any salon.

Determined22

A few years ago I got a great hair cut at the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis. The best $15 I ever spent. My hair was very cute and grew out really fast (hmm...maybe I should cut it again :confused:).