I went to an Aveda Salon (kinda long)

mturner0516

So I haven't wore my real hair for about 9 years. Since I'm on leave from Iraq I decided to go to an Aveda salon. I requested a master stylist who specializes in AA hair. Now I'm in Colorado, so I thought that would be impossible. I was recommended to someone and set my appt. I got to the salon, 15 mins early and I was shaking....Of course me and my daughter were the ONLY ethnic people in the salon. Nicole came and got me and she asked me what exactly i was looking for. I let her know i wanted a trim not a CUT and just a wash and style. She nodded her head and understood. She washed me w the Aveda Detox, and let it sit. Then she did a deep condition with the DR treatment for about 20 mins under heat. After that she sectioned my hair and pinned it and began doing a blowout. She was very gentle and used a big tooth comb. She sprayed my hair with something, i didn't catch it and forgot to ask. then on each section she put the USC on it. After it was dry she cut it. Last she bumped me with a flat iron and I was done. My hair is light and fluffy and feels healthy. I don't care for the style because i'm used to wearing wigs so i feel naked and plain but my hair looks healthy.....I also like the fact that she was into natural hair care. She inquired if I considered going natural, and to be honest i'm thinking about it, just not now. So big up for Aveda!!!

Thanks Ladies, and it's just a flat kinda sleek style I guess, and Sareca you should definitely go to one in Tx I'm sure you'll have a positive experience.

I have got to go to an Aveda salon. Thanks for the review, if you are headed back to Iraq stay safe and thanks for your service!!

You should go, girlie! I am a regular at the one in Houston/The Woodlands. Go go go!!! :poke:

OMG girl do you know you just made my night?? I so didn't know there was an institute here in the Woodlands! I thought there was only on in Shenandoah & San Antonio! Who knew that was close to the Woodlands@!! :confused:

Back