Hairstyles...Help!

TwistNMx

Can anyone enlighten me?

Does anyone know of any good hairstyles for medium length hair?
The requirements would be:

On 'NATURAL' hair ONLY!
NO extentions
NO relaxed or permed hair
NO braids

My hair has finally started growing and I want to make a smooth transition from instant weaves.

Thanks all. :Rose:

PS. BTW, I wash my hair every other day. :look:

Oh, I forgot to add: NO twists.

Last edited:

TwistNMx

Can anyone enlighten me?

Does anyone know of any good hairstyles for medium length hair?
The requirements would be:

On 'NATURAL' hair ONLY!
NO extentions
NO relaxed or permed hair
NO braids
NO twists
No transitioning from perms either!!

My hair has finally started growing and I want to make a smooth transition from instant weaves.

Thanks all. :Rose:

Where are the experts here? :yawn:

gradygirl

I have been searching the internet this weekend looking for styles too. I am at that medium stage too and have been wearing instant weaves. I am so ready for a change. I suggest looking at alot of natural fotki albums.

Bublin

How about............. individual plaits that start from just above the ear line and have them done all over the lower half of the head. Then cornrow the front section (in a fancy or simple style) and let the length of the cornrows fall so you have the versatility of individuals but the longevity of a cornrow'd style.

So...from behind it looks like you have a head full of individual plaits.

I hope this makes sense.

My Mum does this style very often and it looks good, is a protective style and shows her length.

When my hair gets longer i'm gonna do this.

pattycake0701

We both share the same problem. My hair is finally growing but I don't know what to do with. I have been dependent on instant weaves and drawstring ponytails:ohwell:.

Some of the ideas I planned on doing when I have a little bit of free time are rod or straw sets...but you did say that you wash your hair every other day:ohwell:. I think different types of updos and buns would also work. There is a member by the name of Victorious (I think) that had several updos and protective styles that I think would work great on naturals. Also, there is a member here named Jenteel who has an awesome album, and you might be able to use some of her styles.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
HP!:hiya: Your hair is doing well, eh? That's great to hear. So nice to see u here again.:yay: Have you tried wearing a wig? Not too much stress on your hairline. My knowledge of alot of styles are limited. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
What about a wash n' go with a sexy flower. That's a style in of itself and it won't get in the way of you washing your hair every other day. (I wash my hair everyday so I understand)

TwistNMx

What about a wash n' go with a sexy flower. That's a style in of itself and it won't get in the way of you washing your hair every other day. (I wash my hair everyday so I understand)
Thanks.
Your hair looks very nice, but a wash n' go just wouldn't work for my hair. :look:

TwistNMx

We both share the same problem. My hair is finally growing but I don't know what to do with. I have been dependent on instant weaves and drawstring ponytails:ohwell:.

Some of the ideas I planned on doing when I have a little bit of free time are rod or straw sets...but you did say that you wash your hair every other day:ohwell:. I think different types of updos and buns would also work. There is a member by the name of Victorious (I think) that had several updos and protective styles that I think would work great on naturals. Also, there is a member here named Jenteel who has an awesome album, and you might be able to use some of her styles.
I've heard of the straw and rod sets. I'm a person always on the go and don't have the time or patience to learn. My hair would not do well with it either. :nono:..but thanks. Updo's would not work on this hair in public.

TwistNMx

How about............. individual plaits that start from just above the ear line and have them done all over the lower half of the head. Then cornrow the front section (in a fancy or simple style) and let the length of the cornrows fall so you have the versatility of individuals but the longevity of a cornrow'd style.

So...from behind it looks like you have a head full of individual plaits.

I hope this makes sense.

My Mum does this style very often and it looks good, is a protective style and shows her length.

When my hair gets longer i'm gonna do this.
Plaits sounds nice, but doesn't work here...especially because I'm in the public eye more and more these days. My hair doesn't respond well to these braids. I lose a lot of hair with all types of braids like this.

TwistNMx

I have been searching the internet this weekend looking for styles too. I am at that medium stage too and have been wearing instant weaves. I am so ready for a change. I suggest looking at alot of natural fotki albums.
Great idea. Where do I start??? :look:
I'm beginning to believe that there's no real solution except slap heavy chemicals on my hair and hope it doesn't affect my health later. I lost a lot of hair in the past with hairstylists.
I can't wear braids...especially extentions.
I don't have the typical wash & go hair.
Everyone has perms everywhere I look or they hide their hideous hair...LOL :drunk:
I didn't say that did I? :rolleyes: