Book at Sally's on Sale -- Protective Hairstyles

Isis

Book at Sally\'s on Sale -- Protective Hairstyles

Has anyone seen or bought the little hairstyling book at Sally's called, "5-Minute Fun Finishes: 18 Easy Up-Dos & Make-Up Step-by-Step"? The protective styles (including buns)and up-dos are very pretty. There are several models in the book including two black models, one with almost shoulder length, straight, layered hair and the other with bra-strap length. The one with bra-strap had an interesting style with locks of hair twisted along its length, then the twist was flat ironed. This produced beautiful spiral curls all over her head and an updo was created. I've never seen this technique before! The black model with shorter hair has her straight locks pinned up randomly with pretty ornaments. It's more of an updo than protective but it's pretty.

Most of the styles in this book are a combination of pretty twists, coils and braids made into buns and other updos. I really like this book.
Has anyone seen or tried any of these styles?

soslychic

Re: Book at Sally\'s on Sale -- Protective Hairstyles

I've got this book and am waiting to aquire a little more length before trying them. But it's a great book. I love it. The styles are very pretty.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Hmmm...since the book is not a hair product per-say, it wouldn't count on the challenge, would it?

Isis

Nope, in my book it doesn't count as a hair product!!

Plus I went to Sally's to get a skincare product (while checking out what's on sale!)

Spagirl

I purchased this when it was on 50% off clearance during the summer. I purchased it as an enhancing creativity tool. I like the free formed bun (p.4), the loop, knot, twist multi bun style (p.10) and the candycane w/front side piece that is twisted until it buckles then formed into a side design (p.8). I have as of yet to try any of these.

Isis

The styles you mentioned are why I bought the book. I plan to do the free formed bun on p. 4 today.
The others you mentioned Spagirl are so pretty and elegant. I have to see if my hair is long enough to do them. There are more I would like to try also and maybe variations of them (by tucking in the ends).

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Thanks for the heads up. I bought this book yesterday for my cousins. Their mother has forbidden them from entering any bss.
They are in high school, have below shoulder length hair and are looking for protective styles that don't look like Susan B Anthony.

I'm in the product challenge. I actually went in Sally's and didn't buy anything for myself!
Okay.. I smelled and fondled a lot of stuff but I didn't buy anything!

I noticed a black hair product line called Silk Elements for the first time.

SVT

Re: Book at Sally\'s on Sale -- Protective Hairst

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
The one with bra-strap had an interesting style with locks of hair twisted along its length, then the twist was flat ironed. This produced beautiful spiral curls all over her head and an updo was created. I've never seen this technique before!

[/ QUOTE ]

What an interesting way to achieve spiral curls! I'll have to check out this book.

balisi

naturallyme said:
does anyone knows if they still sell these books at sally's and how much do they cost thanks in advance!!
Not sure if they're still selling it. I purchased mine on clearance last spring or summer.

Leshia

sassygirl125 said:
Okay.. I smelled and fondled a lot of stuff but I didn't buy anything! /QUOTE]

*giggling* *SNORT**** I do quite a bit of product "fondling" myself. I'm SUCH a product perv!