Hair Vitamins...Do They "Really" Work?

TwistNMx

I used to take hair vitamins and did not notice a real difference.
What I'd like to know is that does it really speed up the growth process. I understand that hair grows supposedly 1/2 inch per month.
What do you have to say? ;)

I have never taken hair vitamins designed to 'grow' hair, but I know people who have and they have seen results. I think that different supplements aid in healthy hair growth like reducing breakage, strengthening folicles, and thickening hair which all lead to hair growth in the end. So yes, I do think they work.
Supplements such as MSM, Biotin, B-Complex and the like are great for such results. hth

i was wondering the same thing..........Is there anyone here who doesnt take any vitamins at all???? And still sees a good rate of healthy growth?

What i wanna know is if its really necessary? :confused:

loonatick said:
i was wondering the same thing..........Is there anyone here who doesnt take any vitamins at all???? And still sees a good rate of healthy growth?

What i wanna know is if its really necessary? :confused:

I think there are some who get the nutrients they need through their diet. I take supplements and have seen some really great results, so I am definitely a believer.

Vitamins have been God sent for me i mean when i big chop bald head i thought at first it was going to take me a year or more to reach my current length cause my hair grows so slow its like watching paint dry:lol: i really think vitamins can give me 1'or more and then when i add the mtg i can go up to 2" a mo cause i have been using them for 7months now and i m so happy it helps your hair grow faster, stronger, healthier, shinier and so thick i m in awe and i bless this site cause before i use to frown on vits i did not even know their names or their use ahhahhahaha i thought people are crazy to use vits to grow hair :lol: that was before i stumbled onto this board they work and i m leaving proof. now the only problem its not the vitamin itself you have to try different brands of the same product to see which ones work for you.:) THEY WORK.

I believe that Vitamins period work, even if they don't aide in the additional inches per month or add some mega length, they definately help in the health department for over all health and hair. My texture has definately change, in looser curl, thickness, moisture and shine. So I'm happy for that, plus I seem to have more energy now a days.

I started taking vitamins daily (for health, not just for hair growth) in September. They work :p , Ihave more energy, longer nails, and dare I say stronger hair.

Since finding LHCF, I think the improvement in my hair in a combination of things-protective styling, condition washing, vitamins and better products -MTG, Surge, Scurl.

I figure that vitamins will give my body the "extra" nutrients that my diet may be lacking. :)

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I believe that Vitamins period work, even if they don't aide in the additional inches per month or add some mega length, they definately help in the health department for over all health and hair. My texture has definately change, in looser curl, thickness, moisture and shine. So I'm happy for that, plus I seem to have more energy now a days.

I definately agree with that!

I think they work, but I don't really take "hair vitamins".

My doc suggested that I take MSM or Glucosamine (sp?) for a knee problem. After researching them, I realized they help with hair, as well. :) I opted for Silicone with also helps with hair and skin strength, but I don't think it makes my hair grow faster - just stronger.

If anything, my knee problem has minimized BIGTIME. A few years ago, I would have never been able to jog or workout every single day. Now I can.

So I think they do have some benefits.

I think mine were working a little too well. I stopped taking them when I noticed a thin line of hair sprouting on my upper lip....:swearing:

High Priestess said:
I used to take hair vitamins and did not notice a real difference.
What I'd like to know is that does it really speed up the growth process. I understand that hair grows supposedly 1/2 inch per month.
What do you have to say? ;)

They really do work - but for those who are lacking ONLY. i believe if your diet is optimum then so is your hair growth. if your like me and have a bad diet and take the contaceptive pill for example, vitamins r vital!! i dont know what i'd do without my biotin and b50, my hair has stopepd breaking and shedding is minimul. also my weight has normalized and i dont lose weight anymore due to my thyroid bein balanced and just overall health., my skin looks good my hair is doing well and even though they dont work for everything, it takes a good 3 months to see results.

Candy_C said:
They really do work - but for those who are lacking ONLY. i believe if your diet is optimum then so is your hair growth. if your like me and have a bad diet and take the contaceptive pill for example, vitamins r vital!! i dont know what i'd do without my biotin and b50, my hair has stopepd breaking and shedding is minimul. also my weight has normalized and i dont lose weight anymore due to my thyroid bein balanced and just overall health., my skin looks good my hair is doing well and even though they dont work for everything, it takes a good 3 months to see results.
I guess you're right. Also I heard that biotin is good, but the shampoo just took my hair right out. Maybe I don't need biotin in the shampoo. I'm thinking about seeing my herbologist for my hair herbs next week.
Thanks.
BTW, you're hair looks great!

Hi HP!:wave: I have to tell u that some vitamins I take do work, tho it's not a "hair vitamin" per se. I take Super B complex, MSM and glucosamine, and also the omega 3 complex. Not only are they good for over all health, but my hair luvs them.;) HTH hair buddy!

Back