Hair Typing & Regimen Help! ( Hair candy inside =] )

theeREALmccoy

Hello all! :wave:

I lurk on the boards a whole lot but i've never really been able to get a clear understanding of the whole hairtyping thing. So i'm asking you guy's opinion of what my hair type is..I also would like some help building my regimen..

Disclaimer: I realize that it really doesn't matter what the hair type is because its still mine & i still love it! I'm just curious to know!

Before anyone asks, I'll give a rundown of my hair "regimen" (if you can even call it that lol)

Co wash every day with one of these: Skala G3 ceremides; HE Hello Hydration; Nexxus Humectress; or Suave Tropical Coconut

Poo once a week (or less if I don't feel like I have that much buildup) with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo

Daily: I wear a wash & go since i'm still in the TWA stage.. I co wash in the shower & rinse all the conditioner out. I use either Giovanni 50/50 leave in conditioner or HE Long Term Relationship leave in conditioner & then I use Shea moisture's Hair milk or the Smoothie.

Once a week or once every two weeks I deep condition with a mix of deep conditioner, olive oil, coconut oil, & any other oil and/or conditioner i'm trying to get rid of.. Sometimes I sit under the dryer but bc i'm lazy I just put a baggy on & leave it on for the night & rinse it out in the morning.

Soooooo...for what you've been waiting on..PICS!

I can't figure out how to add pictures so that they show up directly in the post (i keep getting an "undefined" error or it says that the upload failed) so here's my fotki..If someone can tell me how I'll edit this post!

Welcome to Theerealmccoy Fotki pages! | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Last edited:

Janet'

I am HORRIBLE at hair typing so I won't even attempt it. However, I would like say :congrats: on your BC and :welcome: :newbie: to LHCF!

silenttullip

Kinda early to tell but I think you're 4a/3c

For the regimen help it looks good to me but I would say decide whether you're cool with cones or not they work great on my hair but once I rinse them off I notice dryness so some don't use them because they hide/may cause dryness. I only use them if I'm going to flat iron. When I say this its because hello hydration has them and they can be tough to remove but you use ORS shampoo which I love so it should remove them. Also giovanni 50/50 to my knowledge isn't a leave in BUT it totally can be used as one as long as the little protein in it doesn't bother you it's all good. Might wanna try their direct leave in after you're done with the regular one.
The last section about deep conditioning also said something about using shampoo... Um not sure if you mean you're using up what you have or mixing shampoo in the dc if that's the case its not a good idea. I think you have a good reggie give yourself time using it to see if its a working reggie and if not there's plenty of help here. Hth

theeREALmccoy

Haha! I meant to say I add whatever other conditioner I'm trying to get rid of! & thanks for the tips on my regimen...I never even thought about eliminating cones..that could be my next experiment!

Thanks for you guys' imput! :)

Chocolatelove2010

To make it easier for us to hairtype, it's good to have a variety of pics available.

For example.. here's a pic of my hair wet. (excuse the henna)

Whereas in my sigs hair is dry with little/no product.

Do you have a pic of your hair dry?

You have pretty hair.. I'm not really good at regimens lol. Just remember what works for somebody else wont necessarily work for you.

HHJ

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

lilsparkle825

Gorgeous 4a hair. It's not that difficult to get into hair typing -- it's all about curl circumference.

Your regimen looks good to me....just start thinking about how you will do your hair this winter, since WNGs aren't best for those cold December mornings. You may want a heavier moisturizer so you don't have to cowash everyday, and PSing to protect those ends. Once it gets longer, single strand knots will be a pain in the behind.