Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2014

cynd

Sounds like you and I were in the same space faithVA. I was just coming in to say that I planned to start fresh today. Good luck to us!

faithVA

[USER=335529 said:
cynd[/USER];19518361]Sounds like you and I were in the same space faithVA. I was just coming in to say that I planned to start fresh today. Good luck to us!

I will check on you tomorrow to see how you made out. I am going for a walk at lunch since it will be warm. And I brought my lunch, so I can eat something healthy.

I think I will go home and make some broccoli soup for tomorrow, so I can stay on track.

IronButterfly

Finished day 8 of the 28 day regimen. Funny how hard it is to commit to a simple 10 min routine. Since I only did 8 min last night (kicking and screaming the whole way), I did 35 min on the treadmill today.

GettingKinky

I didn't eat very much yesterday. Oatmeal with almonds for breakfast. Cheat meal nachos for lunch. Yum :) Salad and broccoli-cauliflower soup for dinner. I did my weekly weigh in this morning and I'm down 1.8 pounds!! I know part of it is artificial because I didn't eat much yesterday, but I'm still happy.

I overnight DC'd my hair last night and washed this morning. I'm wearing it in a damp bun.

ETA: I was totally lazy yesterday even my puppy didn't get a walk but I'm back to P90X3 and dog walks today.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My husband wants to get on board with losing weight. Maybe we can help one another. I need to lose 30ish lbs and he wants to lose 20. I think we should play one of our xbox kinect games tonight for exercise

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Did biceps, triceps, back, cardio on treadmill for 20 minutes,

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

BGT

I had a tough workout today. Sweated harder than I have in a while. I did some hills on the bike, which was super intense but I loved it.

faithVA

Took my vitamins and had my smoothie. Did 45 minutes of yoga and 10 minutes on the bike.

I am now baggying after using my marshmallow balm spritz.

Ready to call it a night.

LovelyRo

Today was a great day... Fitness: I drank 90 oz of water, I ate 100% clean within a 6 hr eating window and I re-started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.

Hair: I did a Prepoo with honey and coconut oil, a fenugreek tea rinse and washed with Wen Sweet Almond Mint (I think I'm in love)! I'm currently air drying my hair!

ETA: currently finishing up my meal prep for the rest of the week!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
It's been rough eating since Friday! Bdays, retirements, and just cause :look: eating, but I did not over-indulge. So getting back on track!

Did Shaun T's Rocking Body (I think) workout yesterday. Today I am going to walk/jog on my treadmill on steep incline.

Hair is doing well. Since I have a long weekend, I think I will just take out my mini twists while I have the time.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I started drinking acv mixed with water to naturally curb my appetite. It worked ok until late last night. I ended up eating a few cashews and a pack of turtles. Other than that it was a really good day.

SunySydeofLyfe

I started drinking acv mixed with water to naturally curb my appetite. It worked ok until late last night. I ended up eating a few cashews and a pack of turtles. Other than that it was a really good day.

It really works I'm going to get back on this! I add lemon juice and cayenne for a super kick. Never thought of more than once a day. Going to do it this week!

Suny

BGT

I finally got over the hump! Down 1.2 lbs. I think the CLA is actually working! I was doing my stomach vacuums in the mirror and noticed how nice my stomach was looking. Lifting heavy, intense cardio, a lot of protein, a lot of water and the CLA...it's working!

I have a hair appointment Thursday morning. Hopefully the woman doesn't chop off all my progress.

faithVA

Next week, I think I am going to go for a green diet and make at least 80% of my diet fruits and vegetables and adding in some beans and fish. This weekend I will prep for it by making lima bean soup, spinach soup and broccoli soup. I usually use almonds and crackers to help as filler. I will need to think about what natural food I can use to curb hunger.

BGT

@BGT what is CLA?

Conjugated linoleic acid. In conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise, it's supposed to aid in weight loss by helping build muscle and decrease body fat. It's a fat that helps you lose fat. It's supposed to help with yo-yoing because it's supposed to prevent fat regain.

The main brand is Tonalin, but I use the cheapie brand from Walmart, the spring valley brand. I've been taking two with lunch and two with dinner for the past week and seems to be working so far! I will continue to use it.

faithVA

[USER=406999 said:
Prettymetty[/USER];19523109]faithVA the beans will fill you up and keep you from getting hungry. Cashews help too, but once I start eating them I cant stop :blush:

Thanks. I will try the beans. I don't want to do nuts next week. So maybe I will stick to soup and beans for lunch. I will add a bean dish to my weekend plans.

LovelyRo

Next week, I think I am going to go for a green diet and make at least 80% of my diet fruits and vegetables and adding in some beans and fish. This weekend I will prep for it by making lima bean soup, spinach soup and broccoli soup. I usually use almonds and crackers to help as filler. I will need to think about what natural food I can use to curb hunger.

From Shape mag....
Ginger, Avocado, Cayenne Pepper, apples (works for me), water, sweet potatoes, green tea (peppermint tea too) and Flax seeds.

I eat almonds and apples daily. I think I'm going to try having at least one cup of peppermint tea towards the end of the day.

faithVA

From Shape mag....
Ginger, Avocado, Cayenne Pepper, apples (works for me), water, sweet potatoes, green tea (peppermint tea too) and Flax seeds.

I eat almonds and apples daily. I think I'm going to try having at least one cup of peppermint tea towards the end of the day.

Thank you. I will pick up some apples and sweet potatoes. Water and tea does absolutely nothing for me :lol:

I appreciate you ladies help. You are fabulous. I feel like I'm ready to get started now.

LovelyRo

So all of this water consumption has me in the restroom every 15-20 mins and I decided to do 10 squats with each trip!

BGT

:lol: Your body will eventually adjust to the increased water consumption and you won't need to go to the bathroom as much.

faithVA

I walked 2 miles during lunch. I will eat another bowl of sweet potato soup before I leave work so I'm not starving when I get home. I plan to have a smoothie for dinner and probably do another round of yoga and 10 minutes on my bike.