Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2014

faithVA

I stayed on point with my eating today. I did a brief yoga session tonight. I intend to do a full session tomorrow or to do tae bo. If the weather is nice tomorrow I will get a brief walk in.

My coworkers are having a fitness challenge starting the 16th, I will join that as well to help me stay on track.

BGT

Today was rest day, thank god. :lol: Tomorrow is arms and back (getting rid of those bra rolls).

BranwenRosewood

I've finally got confirmation on the date of an event in June where there's going to be lots of picture taking so I need to get it together with my hair and weight.

Hair Goals
Current Length: NL
2014 Goal Length: Full APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type: 3c/4a
How you will achieve goal: I don't have a set routine yet but I wash and DC 1-2 times a week. I mainly wash'n'go with the occasional twistout. I might start C&G in March. I do inversion the first 7 days of each month and I'm using sulfur oil again. I may start taking some kind of vitamins/supplements.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 233.5
Goal Weight: 150 (will reassess as I get closer)
Current Dress Size: 16
Goal Size: 6-8
Fitness Goal: Shrink everything. I have an hourglass shape that would look much better without the extra weight. I want to be firmly in onederland by June 2014.
How you will achieve goal: I need to eat Paleo/Primal due to my allergies and sensitivities. I will use kettlebells, bellydancing, hula dancing, hula hoops, paralettes and T-Tapp as my exercise. I have tons of programs I want to work through. I can literally go through the next 10 years without doing the same program twice.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I seriously fell off last years challenge.
Hair Goals
Current Length: SLish
2014 Goal Length: APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 3B/C
How you will achieve goal: co-washing, dcing, prepoo, oiling scalp, inversion, trimming quarterly, hairfinity, wigs

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 230
Goal Weight: 135-145
Current Dress Size: 18
Goal Size: 8-10
Fitness Goal: loose all excess fat and tone up afterwards! Gain a booty lol
How you will achieve goal: exercising with no excuses. Making sure I'm eating right and drinking plenty of water. Have Lose It app on my phone

Last edited:

D.Lisha

Checking In:
Just stopping by to say that I have been consistently working out as I should (doing Nike Kinect Fitness nightly). I'm currently on my 7th week of a full 12-week session and I soon plan on incorporating 2-3mile jogs to help build up my cardio.

Even though my xbox program includes 40-minutes cardio sessions...I'm only doing those sessions 3x's a week..and for me that's NOT enough. Until I'm able to get through a full cardio routine via xbox without huffing and puffing I will NOT be satisfied!

Hair: Still Moisturizing and sealing nightly, and currently on my 5th day of inverting.

GettingKinky

At dinner I was tempted to have a second bowl of turkey chili (getting seconds is a bad habit i have) but instead I steamed some frozen broccoli and seasoned it with salt and pepper. After I ate the broccoli I feel full, but in a good way.

Last edited:

LovelyRo

I just completed another Fitness blender workout... HIIT Cardio! I forgot I wasn't supposed to eat after 7:30 and had a small pickle... Very little calories and sodium so it shouldn't mess me up too much.

I also did a fenugreek tea rinse and co wash. I can see a difference with my shedding already! I need to do the fenugreek rinses more often! I'll be bunning it tomorrow.

SkySurfer

^^ I love fitness blender workouts!

Today-->
Hair: Crochet braids. I moisturised yesterday so I should be OK today.

Weight: 152.2 (2.4 down)
Exercise: Went for a run

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Banana bites+ Greek Yoghurt and Honey
Lunch: Tomato and 3 bean soup + 2 slices of lightly buttered Toast +tangerine
Snack: Handful of walnuts + tangerine
Dinner: Tomato and 3 bean soup + 3 Homemade Chicken Nugget things

Lots of water!!!! :)

Last edited:

xu93texas

I need to be in here! Here's my info:

Hair Goals
Current length: Pixie
2014 Goal length: Shoulder length
Relaxed
Hair type: 4A
How will I achieve my goal: Inversion challenge, castor oil/sulfur (LG Green Magic Hair Crème), DC twice weekly, steam DC weekly, vitamins/supplements (Hairfinity, biotin, msm, bamboo extract, Collagen, chlorella), wearing wigs, tea rinses

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current weight: 158
Goal weight: 128-132 range
Current dress size: 10
Goal size: 4/6
Fitness goal: lose all the flab in my tummy and back area. Slim/tone my arms/shoulders, tone my thighs, and lift/tone my butt.
How will I achieve my goal: MyFitnessPal, WW online, exercise 5 days per week using FitnessBlender videos, or Jillian Michael 30 day shred, or Just Dance 2014 and Zumba for WII; clean eating along with drinking a green smoothie at least 5 days per week.

jennwantslonghurr

Still hanging in there. I must say, it's actually easier to workout than to eat healthy. :/ I'm good though. I've been working on my two weekly goals because I'm re-establishing real life habits and my first weigh in will be on Sunday. I will weigh every two weeks shooting for a 5lb loss each time.

faithVA

Somehow I forgot to eat my breakfast and I was starving by 12. When I went to get my lunch I realized I had forgotten to eat my breakfast :nono: I made a special effort to take breakfast and then forgot to eat it :lol: So I ate my breakfast sandwich before I left work. I had a smoothie for dinner. I rode my bike for 10 minutes. I want to ride longer but I need to toughen my butt up :lol: So I will ride 10 minutes every other day until I can do 15.

Cowashed my hair with L'Oreal Moisture Mask. Will sprit it with marshmallow balm mist and seal it with Qhemet BRBC. My hair is still a on the dry side but it seems to be getting a little better.

BGT

Made a yummy shrimp stirfry with brown rice for dinner. That along with a protein shake and I'm stuffed! :lol:

I also read about CLA/Tonalin supplements in the OT forum and found some at Walmart. It supposed to aid in fat loss and increasing lean muscle mass. With a healthy diet and exercise, you see even better results. Excited to see if it actually works. I lost a 10 lbs in 1 month using garcinia cambogia, so that is a supplement I recommend.

faithVA

faithVA how do you like the moisture mask. Ive been wanting to try it

I like it. For $6 it works pretty well. It goes on very nice and even without heat my hair felt pretty good. It is actually so nice I wish it were a leave-in or a styler instead of a conditioner. I plan to look at the other products in the line to see if they are as nice.

SkySurfer

Today-->
Hair: Crochet braids
Weight: 149.4 lbs (4lbs down)
Exercise: Rest day
Breakfast: 1 Petit Pain + 1 Scrambled Egg+ 1 Apple
Lunch: Sauce d'Arachide and Rice + 1 After Dinner Mint+ 1 Tangerine
Dinner:

Some nice meals today cos I'm at home rather than in my uni accomodation haha! Very sore from my run yesterday but i'm feeling good. I'm down two pounds from yesterday which is a great step in the right direction.
I'm gearing up for the start of term next monday, and I can't let the pressure break me down. I will try and keep to my exercise and three healthy meals a day.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I didn't do good at all yesterday. All I ate was lunch...no breakfast or dinner! Sigh and I didn't even attempt my treadmill. Sad yes I know. I'm going to the grocery store today so maybe getting me some healthy foods will motivate me.

GettingKinky

I wasted a cheat meal yesterday. I was too lazy to cook so I ordered pizza. I tried to be good and order a salad as well but the delivery guy dropped it. Argh! On the plus side I made an effort to eat slowly and drink lots of water. so I only had 2 slices and I was completely full.

Tonight I'm going to make some sort of shrimp dish.

I moisturized my hair with my favorite LOC combo.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just had a piece of chocolate cake after lunch. Im learning to savor treats rather than binge on them. I probably wont have the desire to eat anything sweet for a week

faithVA

Having the quarter white platter with sweet potato from Arby's. I asked for butter on the side but no butter. I guess that is a positive. Less calories and fat in, so I don't have to work it off. That little zucchini bread they give with a platter will be my dessert.

My coworker sent me some healthy recipes, so I will stop by the store on the way home and pick up some ingredients.

SunySydeofLyfe

BGT please add me, I just copied your post cause we are living in an almost parallel world!!! :grin:

Hair Goals
Current Length: grazing BSL
2014 Goal Length: Full MBL or grazing WL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed
Hair type: 4B
How you will achieve goal: 12-16 week stretches, MTG, JBCO sulphur mix, , GHE, co-washing and bunning

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 183
Goal Weight: 160
Current Dress Size: 14
Goal Size: 8-10
Fitness Goal: tighten my bum, lose the back fat and flatten my tummy
How you will achieve goal: I use am going to use HCGs to lose 20 pounds, wear my corset daily. Once the 20 pounds is off I'll use my workout DVDs and walking to firm and tone.

Suny

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ive been running around doing errands all day so I really dont feel like working out. I think I will do abs only

nemi95

Weirdest thing. Last year in Sept I felt myself getting a little outta control in the wt area. I'm 5'10" and at the time around 175lbs. I started working out and clean eating. I'm now at 145lbs and I've had several people I need to gain a few lbs. I'm a size 8 and sometimes a 6. That's not the small, when I know plenty of others that wear a size 2. Is the because people are used to a size 12 me? Has anyone experienced this?

SunySydeofLyfe

Weirdest thing. Last year in Sept I felt myself getting a little outta control in the wt area. I'm 5'10" and at the time around 175lbs. I started working out and clean eating. I'm now at 145lbs and I've had several people I need to gain a few lbs. I'm a size 8 and sometimes a 6. That's not the small, when I know plenty of others that wear a size 2. Is the because people are used to a size 12 me? Has anyone experienced this?

There will always be somebody that thinks they know whats best for us. Thank them for their opinion and do what makes you happy! I havent been told im too skinny ever but I have people telling me this is a good size for me I disagree dont argue the point and plan on doing me the way I want!

Suny

GettingKinky

Froreal3 your gym workout sounds like it takes a long time. How long does it take?

One of the good things about having a dog is it makes sure I exercise every day. I have turned our twice daily walks into power walks. I walk away from home as fast as I can for 10 minutes and then I try to get back home in less than 10 minutes. It makes our walks goal oriented and not so monotonous. Plus I listen to my iPod so that always puts me in a good mood.

I'm on a stir fry kick. It makes sure I get plenty of vegetables. I usually just skip the rice and just eat the stir fry plain. Next week I'm going to try stir frying with broth instead of oil. The down side is that I'm constantly chopping garlic, ginger and veggies.