Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2013

Royalq

Hey Ladies! So glad to see everyone still here!

This is my check-in for the week:

I'm down 9.5 lbs in 3 weeks on drops. Lost only 2 lbs this week. I should have been at least 15 downs by now :ohwell:; but I'm still thankful.:grin:

Been so caught up in the weight loss that I haven't mentioned much about my size. In the 3 weeks I've lost 3" from my stomach and 2" inches from my hips. Not bad....

I only walked/jogged once this week. My goal is to lose 6-10 lbs in the next 2 weeks (or by the time my drops run out). But I believe in order to reach this goal, I've GOT to add some exercise. Just been so lazy, tired feeling. But I know i can do it. I feel if I would push myself, I can go out with a bang.

My Hair: :nono:. I've slacked so bad. I don't know what's going on. Still wearing my satin cap though. I've had it sitting in these twists for over a week. Haven't applied MN in about 1/2 week or more.

@londonfog- So glad to hear you reached your size goals.

@D.Lisha- Are you natural or relaxed? What is your hair regimen?

@LadyEuphoria- Keep nursing those ceps. What exercises you been doing in the meantime?
Aliyah what are drops if you dont mind me asking?

aliyah7

@Aliyah what are drops if you dont mind me asking?

I am using Hormone free diet drops Called: 'Transformation Diet Drops'. They're supposed to mimic HCG. You use it along with Dr.Simeon's Low Calorie Diet protocol. I bought it on Amazon from the seller BSkinny Global. It cost me a total of 25.17. This was actually my first time using it. I previously used diet drops from another company, but I have not been able to reach them so ended up getting these. So far I'm very pleased. NOT as good as the other brand I previously used, but I'd definitely order these again if I still can't reach the previous company I used to order from.

Anyways...Enough rambling on. LOL. So far I've lost 14lbs in 26 days.
No exercise.

Last edited:

strawbewie

I'm stuck between 155/156.... I want 140... I'm doing the Scarsdale diet it's almost like Atkins..I'm going into my 2nd week... I feel like I'm yo-yo dieting but I need a plan because my days are hectic

Anybody did any Dr. Ian programs?

My hair still in cornrows I will co-wash today maybe wash not sure yet then tea rinses, DC.

Diva_Esq

Checking in after a LONG absence!! I have been flat ironing my hair once a month to enjoy my length more. Hubby was just sick of my bun and so am I! What's all the growing for if I never enjoy it. I think I am about WHIP length.

Weight loss-wise, I am down about 9 pounds, mainly through portion control and low carbs.

BGT

I'm down 14 lbs but my weight loss has been SLOW! Just 1/2 lb a week. So I tinkered with my MFP settings and cut my daily calories by 300. Let's see what that does.

aliyah7

Weight:
Down 14 lbs in 4 weeks. Almost done with drops,about a week left, but afterwards will have to go on to another phase (maintenance phase).
During Maintenance phase, I plan to add maybe 250 extra calories to my diet each week. Ensuring that my weight doesn't go over a 2-3lb gain.

As of today I am 158.5 lbs, down from 172.5 lbs. Yay!! I want to at least get to 155 by the time I actually finish the drops.

I never did any exercise. :( But then again I never do when I'm on these low calorie diets. (Well, I did walk/jog ONCE)

My Hair:

Well, since the dieting I have done much of nothing. But I just bought some Liquid Gold Hair Growth Oil (sulfur based) and plan to start a regimen with that.

OH!! Some of my clothes are soo loose. I keep having to pull up my pants etc.:grin:

@BGT & @Diva_Esq- Congrats on your weight loss. You go girls!!

Last edited:

Lucia

Hair: just have it in a baggie bun, or 2 braids, oil massage and conditioner every 2 nights.

Fitness: Got Insanity and did Day 1 Fit Test, and I didn't pass out. I actually surprised myself.

okange76

Have dropped 3 lbs so far but my tush is heading towards extinction like the dodo :nono:

Squats you better save me. Not ready to join the noassatall club. My child bearing hips need company !!!

OTOH , the hair is slowly getting back to health after almost being burnt to a crisp during a wash and set at the Salon. Thought my brain was boiling and my ears on fire as the dryer settings were too high. Never again.

Lucia

I'm down 14 lbs but my weight loss has been SLOW! Just 1/2 lb a week. So I tinkered with my MFP settings and cut my daily calories by 300. Let's see what that does.

BGT

maybe you need to switch up your workouts, or add 10-15 minutes of cardio, that will help if you feel you've hit a plateau.
Also check what you're eating there may be some food you think is good but it's holding you back, check the salt and sugar contents of everything again.
HTH

SunySydeofLyfe

Hair Goals

Current Length: BSB
2013 Goal Length: MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: texlaxed
Hair type: 4b
How you will achieve goal: cowashing, dcing 2x per wk, stretching relaxers,drinking more water and healthy eating.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 187 (4.5 months pp, down from 240)
Goal Weight: 165
Current Dress Size: 12/14
Goal Size: 8/10
Fitness Goal: Daily exercise plan, eventually want to have enough endurance for the Turbo Jam and then the 30 day shred and then insanity and then P90x!!!
How you will achieve goal: For me its simply starting, I hate exercising and I really mean I hate it, but I know to get this post baby bump off its essential. I am also betting with my husband that I can lose 5 to his 10!!!

CHANNYY

Hair Goals

Current Length: A lil past SL
2013 Goal Length: Full SL or close to Full APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed
Hair type: Still trying to figure this whole hair type thing out
How you will achieve goal: cowashing, dcing regularly, taking ,biotin, PSing, drinking more water and healthy eating.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 185
Goal Weight: 130
Current Dress Size: 16-18
Goal Size: 8-10
Fitness Goal: To build endurance while shedding the excess weight
How you will achieve goal: Fitness pal/ exercising 5 times a week!! Cardio 5 and Strength training 1-2 days a week.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Have not updated in eons. But I am still working out between 3 and 5 times a week. I keep my hair twisted up and braid those twists into two braids on either side of my head. I then tuck the ends. It's not too pretty, but it seems to be working.

bhndbrwneyes

I thought I had joined this already but it doesn't appear I have.

Hair Goals

Current Length: MBL-WL
2013 Goal Length: Full WHIP
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: transitioning as of 3/15/12
Hair type: 3 b/c
How you will achieve goal: Co-wash 3-5 times per week, moisturize daily, DC weekly, PS'ing often

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 155
Goal Weight: 130-135
How you will achieve goal: Tried to join Weigth Watchers through work but not enough people joined. My mother sent me some Weight Watchers tools so I'm going to use those and try to do the program on my own or via the WW Online system. Also commit to playing volleyball 3-4 days per week for 2-5 hours each day. Squeeze in strength training where I can. Commit to jogging for at least 20 minutes 2 days per week OR walking for 35 minutes 2 days per week.

Last edited:

SunySydeofLyfe

Hair Goals

Current Length: BSB
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: texlaxed
Hair type: 4b
How you will achieve goal: cowashing, dcing 2x per wk, stretching relaxers,drinking more water and healthy eating.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 187 (4.5 months pp, down from 240)
Goal Weight: 165
Current Dress Size: 12/14
Goal Size: 8/10
Fitness Goal: Daily exercise plan, eventually want to have enough endurance for the Turbo Jam and then the 30 day shred and then insanity and then P90x!!!
How you will achieve goal: For me its simply starting, I hate exercising and I really mean I hate it, but I know to get this post baby bump off its essential. I am also betting with my husband that I can lose 5 to his 10!!!

Went walking this morning. I was winded but i am going to jumprope and follow the daily fitness plan. I'm excited.

Brewed a pot of green tea and had a banana...trying 6 meals a day

Suny

aliyah7

@aliyah7 What drops are you talking about? You've probably already mentioned that upthread.

I am using Hormone free diet drops Called: 'Transformation Diet Drops'. They're supposed to mimic HCG. You use it along with Dr.Simeon's Low Calorie Diet protocol. I bought it on Amazon from the seller BSkinny Global. It cost me a total of 25.17. This was actually my first time using it.

londonfog

Hair
8 1/2 weeks post. Still co-washing mid-week & alternating between sulfate free & sulfate poo's on Saturdays. I DC 2 times a week. Leave-in conditioner afterwards & wrap to air dry then M&S & cornrow to go under wig.

Body
I was able to complete 5K (plus a little further) on the treadmill 3 times last week in between 32-33 minutes each time which was a major accomplishment! I've incorporated another new weight machine & increased reps (from 3 reps to 4 reps) & weight amounts on the ones that I've already been doing.

Lat pulldown, chest press, leg extension, leg press, leg curl, hip adduction, hip abduction. I don't do all of these every time but usually alternate to where each one is getting used at least 3X a week. I've been maintaining my same weight for the last few weeks now but not complaining because I see that some body parts are now sitting up with very little help that required much needed assistance before, after having 2 kids (I love my babies)! :lachen::lachen: Every time I notice a difference, I have a craving to hit the gym asap. Then there are those times that I don't feel like it & have to make myself go.

Since increasing my reps/weights & running longer periods of time, my leg muscles feel a little tight even though I stretch & have rest days. So I'll be scheduling a full body massage hopefully this weekend to work them out.

strawbewie

I CW my cornrows.

I have worked out everyday this week so far. i have done cardio and strength training. I have been eating using the Scarsdale diet. I hope to see changes this week.

BGT

I am using Hormone free diet drops Called: 'Transformation Diet Drops'. They're supposed to mimic HCG. You use it along with Dr.Simeon's Low Calorie Diet protocol. I bought it on Amazon from the seller BSkinny Global. It cost me a total of 25.17. This was actually my first time using it.

Do you have to follow the diet or can you just use the drops?

Lucia

Hair: same old regimen, I am tired of the same old bun going to practice some new diff buns, I'm bunning daily. I'm gong to pull out my castor oil again and use it on the length, it's a really, really thick oil, like honey and great for dryness.

Fitness [Insanity]: Ok so I survived plyo cardio circuit, but by the time I got through 3/4 of the DVD Shaun said take a break, I wanted to crawl into the fetal position and stay there. Well, I was determined to finish even if I had to take breaks more often. So I did.
Cardio power resistance- I called on Jesus, kept pushing through and digging deeper, and at some point in the last part I was spent I actually said out loud this man is CRAZY! (hence the name Insanity :spinning: )
So I did less reps, modified the moving push ups, I only did 4 real ones in the whole set.
This is my first week, I'm sore but I want that shirt.

Last edited:

Lucia

Ok I survived the first week of Insanity. Thank goodness, it wasn't easy but I did it.
7 weeks to go.

Fyne

Hey ladies,

Checking in:

Hair: In the middle of a stretch (18 weeks); I washed + dc'ed now airdrying in 4 sections. I will continue to bun during the week.

Body: (starting 187, now 183) half a pound down this week. I went out to eat twice this week but choose healthier options. Hoping to loose a pound next week. Working out mon-fri for at least 45 min (MFP - Frenchy86)

Hey, hope everyone is ok :yep:

Update:

Hair: Feel like workouts have stimulated growth?! 26 weeks post texlax, going very well co-washing/refreshing with rose water and after workouts and sealing with grapeseed oil. Today I will dc on dry hair while I workout then stretch in two low Bantu knots.

Body: (now 179lbs) 4lb loss in the last few weeks and 7lb in total. Starting to finally see the difference and I feel like I'm getting back to myself lol. I'm back on that Insanity, it worked before and it will work again! Eating better and often with small portions. Mini goal:176lbs and 10lbs in total.

jprayze

Hey ladies!!!

Hair Goals
Current Length: APL
2013 Goal Length: BSL then MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 3 BC
How you will achieve goal: regular DCs, tea rinses, MN, PSing, limit heat, and may add some sulfur to my regimen in 2013

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 142.8
Goal Weight: 125
Current Dress Size: 10
Goal Size: 6-8
Fitness Goal:
How you will achieve goal: Drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and regular exercise.

I will post my measurements later.

ETA my updates!

Weight: since November I have gained almost 10 lbs. could it be that being in love as made me pick up the lbs? Lol smh. We decided we are gonna lose weight together!

As of 3/19, I am 151.4. I'm doing the ABS diet for 6 weeks and plan to use those eating guidelines continuously after that. I know that I should eat healthy, but the structure of having meal plans and recipes helps. Right now, I am deciding on my meals and making my shopping list. I will also be doing the exercises on the DVD that came with it.

Somewhere along the way, I kinda loss track on my weight goals, but I'm back now! I will try to check in once a week from now on, starting with this week.

Hair: My hair is doing great. It looks like I will reach BSL by June and then I will strive for MBL by December.

Take Care ladies!

Last edited:

MGA2013

Hi ladies! I would like to join, hopefully I could lose another 15-17 lbs before my graduation!!!! And the rest for my birthday in Novemeber!

Hair Goals

Current Length: Grazing BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Relaxed
Hair type: I don't know
How you will achieve this: stretching, Wigs, vitamins, consistency in my regimen

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 185
Goal Weight: 140
Current Dress Size: 14
Goal Size: 8
Fitness Goal: Excercise 3-4 times a week, 1-2 days of strength training
How you will achieve goal: Drinking water only, eating smaller portions and frequently, avoiding fast food, limit my meat intake and eating more fish

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I'm counting calories for the first time in my life using my fitness pal. It's very eye opening and I need to keep practicing at it. I know it's going to make a world of difference. I used to be so against it and that has been huge mistake. I'm discovering how much someone my size needs to eat in a day and that is basic knowledge. I started at 1800 now I'm trying to work my way down to 1600. My fitness pal recommended 1500 but Rome was not built in a day! I'll work my way down. I'm ready to lose these 25 lbs! I'll weigh myself again the 30th.

I need to find some hair inspiration to get me back on the wagon. I'm doing a deep trim today or tom and I can't wait. I need a fresh start and thicker hair.

aliyah7

This weeks check in:

Weight:
Finally done with my drops!!! YES!!! As of today I'm now 154.5 lbs. I've lost 18 lbs and several inches from Waist, Stomach & Hips, in about 5 weeks. No exercise.
Very Happy, but I am not done.

Now off to Phase 2, Maintaining my loss and slowly incorporating more calories to my diet. I also plan to add in exercise once My calories get higher.

londonfog- Great job on hitting your goal. That's awesome!

strawbewie- I see you got a good regimen going? What is the Scarsdale Diet?

BGT- OH!!! You can't just use the drops by themselves. You have to do the 500 calorie diet, or else you'd be in big trouble. Even slightly straying from the diet can sometimes cause slight weight gain.

Great Job Ladies!

Hair: In twists and just started applying Liquid Hair Gold Hair Growth Oil every other day. Thread-wrapped a section to track growth.

apple_natural

got a new wig. hair isn't growing fast enough but im trying to stay patient at least until my usual spurt of growth aug-sept to see how it would grow if i didn't damage it for 9 months in a row lol

body... my poor body. i haven't lost crap. it refuses to go anywhere. i can work myself to death and will not get out of the 170s. its going no where and im officially blaming the progesterone in my bc. its got to be something like that