Hair Ends Balling Up & Breaking

CynamonKis

Has anyone ever experienced their hair balling up at the ends and breaking off? If so how did u resolve the problem?

Lately, my hair has been balling up at the ends and breaking for some unknown reason.

Today I deep conditioned with Dudleys DRC 28 and the situation seems to have improved a little.

This is something I had experienced in the past when I over-processed my hair. But I haven't used a relaxer for over 2.5 years. I was using permanent and semi-permanent dye ONLY on the front of my hairline to cover gray. Could some of this dye have seeped down to my hair and ends and made them weak? I stopped doing this & now back to henna to color gray.

I just got my hair trimmed last month, and daily moisturize my ends with my homemade shea/mango butter/essential oil mixture, and I wear protective styles. Still unsure of what the problem is or how to resolve it.

Perhaps I will temporarily suspend the Carolyn Gray regiment I have been using for years, and will now alternate each week with henna and DRC 28 (followed by weekly moisturizing treatments) to see if this resolves the problem.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Last edited: