Hair dilemma

sithembile

Ok, this is my problem. I was always using Affirm for resistant hair to relax my hair, until I came to England and started seeing a new stylist, I told her what I used, and she said she had it. So over a period of 4 months (2 touch ups), she was actually using Affirm mild without my knowledge. My natural hair is very thick 4b, and mild relaxers do almost nothing for me. When I found out, I switched stylists, and I'm back to my regular relaxer. But now, my hair has different textures, right now I have 1 inch of new growth, the next few inches are straight (Affirm resistant), then the next few inches are curly, almost natural looking (Affirm mild) and the ends are straight. The problem is that its hard to comb my hair right through especially in the underprocessed areas, and it tangles easily, I can see that some hair has broken at the point where the 2 textures meet. My hair is just passed my shoulders, and its quite healthy apart from that, I am careful not to comb it too hard in those weak areas. But really I don't know what to do. Can I touch up those underprocessed areas even though they are halfway down the length of my hair. Please don't tell me to cut my hair!

Karonica

Yes you can. The new stylist should be able to do that. The thing is, she probably won't need to leave the perm on for the same time amount that she does the newgrowth, so timing is important to avoid overprocessing. If she does it while giving your roots a touch-up, she should touch-up that part of the hair last. But it can be done.

I tried this with my hair about 3 times, but the only reason why it didn't work for me was because my hair is resistant to perms altogether now. But if your newgrowth is taking to the regular perm, then the underprocessed parts should definitely respond.

sithembile

Thanks Karonica, I was scared to do that, I thought it would probably damage that hair if I relaxed it again. And I don't know if I trust this new stylist, I'll probably do it myself.