4a/4b thick hair success with affirm mild?

soslychic

I have very thick 4a/4b underprocessed hair right now. I used the affirm mild and I'm thinking that it was my method that was stank.
but I want to know if any 4a/4b thick hairs can get straight (pretty straight, not bone, but straight) results with mild relaxers, PARTICULARLY the affirm one. thx in advance.

cutebajangirl

I haven't been able to acheive it with The Fiberguard mild, but to be honest it was my fault because it is advertised as a texturizer. I just thought it would be healthier on the hair than my Dudleys mild (which gets my hair straight -not bone straight). However I also think another factor could be how much smoothing you do with the relaxer in. My ex hairdresser is a little loco but one thing she new how to do was smooth. My new one is almost too gentle I think it is because she has a lot of clients with sensitive scalps.

lala

I use Affirm mild and have achieved good results on my thick, long hair. It's a chore though...

soslychic

It's a chore getting it to get good results or caring for you long hair? sorry I just didn't know which one you meant?

lala

I self-relax and it's a chore doing it by myself because of my length/thickness. The results are good.

soslychic

oh ok. thank you for clarifying. What hair type are you if you don't mind me asking? Also, would you say your results were straight (or left with crinkles as some have described)

lala

I don't mind answering questions. Ask away. I think my hair type is 4a. I'm confused about the hair types. Some people who say their hair is 3c is similar or even coarser than my hair. So who really knows?

The mild relaxer sufficiently straightens my hair, that's why I don't use the regular strength. The roots are straight and don't get crinkly for at least 8 weeks after retouch.