Hair breaking off at the ends everyday

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So it was probably a combination--just so you dont repeat...

1. no moisture after protein
2. dye over relaxed ends
3. installing sewing directly after a dye job (I always thing it shoudl wait a week plus another wash to let the hair settle)
4. perhaps no moisturizing and conditioning your scalp and tracks with the install.

My suggestion would be to cut the transition short and chop maybe half of your relaxed ends off. Then do a moisutre DC. At this point, they are disintigrating from all that stress so why keep them? They could potentially split all the way up to your NG and blast the natural hair that you want to keep anyway.

HanaKuroi

I can have a protein overload only after getting one protein treatment and it was my first one 2 weeks ago
.. I don't use anything on
My hair but olive oil
Spray and up wrap it .. I'm
Just starting this hair journey ..

I do not think you have protein overload from one treatment. That isn't my understanding.

I think your hair is very dry and has chemical damage.

Before I makes suggestions for products, I will wait for you to answer some questions posted up thread by other members.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Schakiaw

:welcome: to LHCF!

Please answer the following questions, so we can help you:

Do you plan to remain a salon head? I don't want you waisting :dollar: on wash day products, if you're never going to use them. I'd rather you invest in some good leave ins and moisturizers.

Does your stylist have other clients that are natural?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
So my hair needs more moisturizer to the ends?

All of your hair needs moisture & sealing regimen! Especially, the line of demarcation where your relaxed and natural hair meet.

I'm cosigning DarkJoy's recommendation to cut your transition short. Your ends are double processed and they can't handle it.

Schakiaw

I wash my own hair once a week and go to the salon bi weekly .. I'm trying to do it myself but fist I want to to stop the breakage

HanaKuroi

I wash my own hair once a week and go to the salon bi weekly .. I'm trying to do it myself but fist I want to to stop the breakage

You go twice a week to the salon?

Doesn't your stylist see the breakage?

What is she being paid for?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

Schakiaw

In another thread, you mentioned that you have your hair blow dried every two weeks. Between, the dye, relaxer, and blow drying your ends are damaged. They're talking to you by breaking off all over the place.

I know that you don't want to acknowledge and/or hear this, but in order to stop the breakage you need to cut the double processed hair off. That is what DarkJoy meant by cutting your transition short.

We get that you want to retain your length, but holding on to damaged double processed ends isn't going to help you with your hair goals. We want you to have healthy hair! With health comes length!

Good Luck!

HanaKuroi

I was so upset about the stylist not addressing her breakage. I saw was ranting in my head. I actually know what bi-weekly means. :)

silverbuttons

Not Impressed
OP.. your practices alone might not be damaging for some. But for you it seems like they are. Since your hair is already dyed and relaxed.. I would refrain from doing more harm.

Its time to baby your hair. When you come out of weaves, its assumed that there will be a lot of shed hair. You were right to attempt a protein treatment, but need a deep conditioning after. You need to moisturize your hair as needed.

HanaKuroi

MileHighDiva said:
Schakiaw

In another thread, you mentioned that you have your hair blow dried every two weeks. Between, the dye, relaxer, and blow drying your ends are damaged. They're talking to you by breaking off all over the place.

I know that you don't want to acknowledge and/or hear this, but in order to stop the breakage you need to cut the double processed hair off. That is what DarkJoy meant by cutting your transition short.

We get that you want to retain your length, but holding on to damaged double processed ends isn't going to help you with your hair goals. We want you to have healthy hair! With health comes length!

Good Luck!

Let me get this straight.

You wash weekly with Carol's Daughter. You only spray with olive oil daily.
You see your stylist every other week. She does what exactly? Wash again or you wash on the off week?
What does your stylist put in you hair after she washes it?

I am having a hard time understanding what your stylist does and when she does it.

Your stylist does natural hair but she hasn't given you a regimen or sold you any products? She knows you are transitioning and your hair is double processed. She doesn't ask you what you are doing between visits?

I am confused by the multiple threads.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

HanaKuroi

krissyhair said:
Bi-weekly is every other week.

The other thread said she goes weekly. I really don't know what I am talking about or how often she goes to the salon.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:

Schakiaw

Yes I've been going weekly since the middle of March to try to stop the breakage .. But I'm going to visit another salon tomorrow and see what they suggest and when the breakage stop .. I will be treating my hair just at home

Schakiaw

Thanks , I got 2inch cut today .... Then clarify my hair follow by a DC and got it twisted up to the halo crown .so far so good

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Thanks , I got 2inch cut today .... Then clarify my hair follow by a DC and got it twisted up to the halo crown .so far so good

I'm happy to hear that you did a deep trim! It should give you a fresh start.

Please remember to step up your DC and M&S game. Some others can help you with that, regarding moisture/protein balance etc.

Do you have any remaining relaxed hair? Or, are you 100% Natural now?

Good luck with your healthy hair journey!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Schakiaw

The back of my hair is fully natural now ...just about 4inch of relax in the front that I will be getting rid of in the next 3 months