Help for breaking ends

queenspence

I recently got a relaxer last week and my hair has grown tremendously. However, I've noticed that my ends seem to be breaking. When I comb and detangle with my fingers, I see strands. Its not a lot but enough to bother me. I dc this weekend. Could it still be shedding since I had a very long stretch (7 months)? Any suggestions would help. Also, the ends are not dry so it can't be a moisture issue-

luvlonghair

Ms_Twana said:
Is your hair SHEDDING or BREAKING??

Yes, I need to know this also. If you're seeing little pieces of hair it's breakage, then the question would be how much protein are you using? You may have been using to many products containing protein and you'll to hit your hair with a truck load of moisture.

If this is not the case, then it would be vice versa.

HTH:)

Jas123

The Star of a Story
luvlonghair said:
Yes, I need to know this also. If you're seeing little pieces of hair it's breakage, then the question would be how much protein are you using? You may have been using to many products containing protein and you'll to hit your hair with a truck load of moisture.

If this is not the case, then it would be vice versa.

This is exactly what I would suggest..you have to find the balance between moisture/protein..and if your ends are breaking you really want to baby them, possibly protectice styles for awhile..HTH

queenspence

My ends are actually breaking, I'm assuming that means no white root right? I don't see long strands coming from the scalp. Oh, I haven't really used anything with protein besides Nexxus epitome this weekend. It stopped losing strands but now I see too many.

luvlonghair

queenspence said:
My ends are actually breaking, I'm assuming that means no white root right? I don't see long strands coming from the scalp. Oh, I haven't really used anything with protein besides Nexxus epitome this weekend. It stopped losing strands but now I see too many.

I'm not sure about this product that you used, I've used it before, but you may need a hard core protein treatment such as Aphogee. Other ladies have used, Nexxus Emergencee, Aveda Damaged Remedy, Affirm 5 in 1, Keracare, etc.

Kimberly

Do your ends feel dry and/or crunchy? I wonder if the baggy method could help you out? Have you ever tried it?