I cut it

Guapa1

After my pressing disaster, I was adamant I was going to cut my hair, and a few people, talked me out of it, told me to baby my hair and it should be ok. I tried, but it didn't work, so I washed and twisted my hair and trimmed off all the damaged bits. Now I look like a crackhead :lol:! One side is an inch or less, and the other is a couple of inches. I'm going to the barbers to even it out. Now I will start again with healthy hair and leave those pressing irons alone!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well at least you tried to get your curls back. I am sorry you had to cut your hair. Put the pressing comb on lock down for good!!

webby

Think Slim
Aww Guapa,

I'm sorry you had to do a BC, but it will grow back. Like DSD said, leave that pressing alone ;)

MeccaMedinah

I'm sorry that you had to cut your hair off. But at least you will have a healthy head of hair to start over with. I hope some of my fellow transitioners are reading this.

AllAboutTheHair

I have done this ...twice since going natural. It will grow back healthy and stronger, just give it time. And stay away from the irons. HHG!

Guapa1

Excuse me allaboutthehair, why have I never seen your album before? Your hair is GORGEOUS! Routine please?

AllAboutTheHair

I had an album on yahoo. I just recently decided to try Fotki, since it is the norm around here. I am currently just following the baggie method. I shampoo, condition (don't rinse it out) and apply my soft touch hair grease. Put it in a baggie and that's it for a week or so. My regimen needs tweaking. I just started doing this about a month ago. My hair feels better. Before I think I was just doing too much. HHG!!