Hair and Well Being - How has growing your hair inspire you?

Your HHJ has inspired you to (choose all that applies)

• take vitamins (that may provided health benefits)

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • lose weight/to get fit

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • eat more healthy

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • improve your outer appearance

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • change your outlook in life (improve your confidence and some ways your personality)

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bnster

I think growing our hair is more than just gaining length, I think it changes us more for the better, for those out of shape, unhealthy, not taking vitamins, it changes our mentality on how we perceive ourselves.

I found that as my achievements in growing my hair longer I want to do more for myself, imagine I am only just below should length and I feel more flirtatious.

Growing my hair longer I have started taking vitamins, I started for hair growth and now I finally realize the health benefits are the bomb for me, it immensely improved my immune system.

Now I really want to take off the weight and keep it off. I had done it before with personal trainer before the hair journey, then I stopped. Now I want it all hair and body, why not! I think I now have the mentality for it. I hope so, I hope so, and I hope so! I am so excited.

So it has inspired me to start losing the weight and has put me in the mine frame to start. I feel confident next year my hair will be below APL and if it takes a year to get my hair to that length I can work on the body to get it all. Next summer look out and I can’t wait.

Trying not to be vain, but I am going to have the hot body and beautiful long hair, admit it ladies, especially you who are already fit, I think you work harder to keep it and have it all.

How has growing your hair inspired you to look after you more?

It could be makeup, clothes, fitness, eating healthy ... etc.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

I chose all except to lose weight because i just put on some weight...and after being super skinny for most of my life...i really appreciate the new curves!!:gorgeous:

Now...with growing my hair...it taught me that i can be one of those who help stop the stereotypes and it taught me to love myself more. It has become therapy to me. Having a long hair journey teaches you alot about yourself...and alot about the general public.

India*32

My HHJ has reminded me on a daily basis to take vitamins and drinking plenty of water. Along with taking vitamins, B-Complex, E, and Biotin my hair, skin, and nails have benefited. I always take my supplements with food, so I always have breakfast to start my day. Its been a real benefiting factor to staying healthy.

India

rbourne

Oh this really is a great topic.

I started taking vitamins and drinking plenty of water ( I used to hate water never ever drank it. Drinking water itself was a real struggle for me) when I first started on my hair journey and then as ashamed as I am to admit it as soon as I started to see progress I stopped taking them and don't you know I experienced some serious breakage.

Well being is serious business and wanting to have long hair has made me look at myself and how I treat my body in a whole new way. If I'm honest though I need to work on the motivation to exercise I've got real good at buying the equipment though

bahamababe242

Absolutely, It has inspired me so much that I'm on my way to becoming certified as a personal trainer. My hair journey has completely changed my outlook on health & life in general, namely patience & perseverance. :yep:

kizzylonghair

Great thread!! it's the vitimans for me, can't believe I only disscovered them for hair growth, isn't the human body amazing give it what it wants and it will give you ....lol I will now always take a multivitiman whether I am growing or not!! Always looking back on my old growing pics I am so proud that made a decision and stick with it, even when the going got tough, it has been refreshing like learning a new language, done me wonders. excuse the grammer/ spelling on my iPhone..lol

Last edited:

makeupgirl

Growing my hair inspired me to really learn to take care of my appearence. I've always been a fashion/makeup person but sometimes I can get frumpy. So this has inspired me to really improve my appearence.

hairdrama:{

I chose all of the above…….it has been more than a hair journey. It has been a change on my life style for the better, I eat healthier, I exercise often, I’ve tried new styles…….etc. Some friends that have not seen me in the last couple of years said I look different, and younger, but they really can’t tell me what’s different. …. :look:

MizzBrit

definably inspired me to loose weight..id figure whats the point in maintaining my healthy hair with my body looking like this.i want to be in great shape along with a big healthy puff

lolascurls

At first, I started by taking multivitamins and minerals, then spirulina and biotin.
MSM also jumped in. Now, I;ve run my first 5km run and am planning to continue my weightloss/healthy body/face journey!

*CherryPie*

It inspired me to lose my remaining excess weight. Having long hair, but being overweight is kinda weird to me.

When I see pretty, heavy women, with long hair, I wonder if she knows how beautiful she would be if she lost that weight.

So, this pretty, kind of heavy woman, is gonna do it. :lachen:

Lylddlebit

It inspired me to examine my hair beyond the superficial look of it. To think of it in terms of health over style...before this board that thought never crossed my mind and I still consider it superficial because my healthy hair contributes to the style.

Last edited:

MsLizziA

Wow that's weird because i was just talking about this on twitter!

I think it has changed my mindset on a lot of things. It has made me wanna LEARN how to do everything and not just ASSUME i know what im doing based on what i have heard growing up. It has changed my views on being humble in general because in order to learn how to grow my hair and take care of it, i had to through everything that i ever thought i knew out the window and start from scratch.

Have i applied all this to my life as i feel i should yet? No not yet but eventually i will. Can't make it to the finish line if i don't make baby steps!

MsLizziA

Absolutely, It has inspired me so much that I'm on my way to becoming certified as a personal trainer. My hair journey has completely changed my outlook on health & life in general, namely patience & perseverance. :yep:

Oh wow i couldn't have said this better myself. this is exactly how i feel!

Bnster

It is amazing to read your comments on how your hair journey is affecting your life. Congratulations!

I know that taking care of my hair is now for life no matter the length, and what good is a healthy head of hair if I do not take care of the rest of me.

This is what I have learned out of all of this and knowing movitation and great interest will make it happen for rest of my desires.

I do not need to be perfect only just comfortable with myself and try to continually improve myself in any little way.

I should have added to the poll - only inspiration is to grow your hair long & healthy, because for the longest time that was what I was only concern with, but now it is more. Sorry for the oversight.

Last edited:

beautyaddict1913

Its so funny that you made this topic, I was just thinking about this....I was wondering how I am able to be sooo dedicated and unwavering with my hair care journey (Im on a strict no cones, no sls, no mineral oil, petrolatum, etc. diet with my hair) but I cant do the same thing with my diet and exercise regimen. It has really inspired me to get myself together...I wash, dc my hair regardless to if Im tired or not, I decided that thats the same way I need to be with my exercise regimen...go, whether Im tired or not...make it just an non-negotiable as my haircare

paradise79

How funny..I feel the urge since some days to blog about my HJ not being just about hair and I can see I'm not the only one. I could have responded like the ladies I thank, that's exactly how I'm feeling. I voted the last option.

Growing my hair introduce me to discipline, patience and focusing. While trying to grow, the first think I learned was not to focus on growth but instead on health care cause. I need to work on deeper aspects rather than just physical. And I apply everything I do in HJ in my life and so many things have changed:yep:.

I came here for hair, I end up in christian, pregancy, health, make-up, cooking and other sections. And finally, I have to admit hair care is my hobby :blush:, I like it, I enjoy it ; it's just fun even on bad days hair and when I got a setback :wallbash:,I just look at pics (I have tons since the beginning) and it keeps me focus and grateful.

Bnster

Ladies thank you for sharing and hope you do write your blogs on this topic (post your links) I am sure a lot of us are interested in reading them. It is amazing our one step to obtaining healthy hair has lead to greater improvements in our lives. Ladies please continue to share your experiences with us.

ms.blue

Starting on my HHJ turned me into a researcher. I researched for days on how to take care my hair in braids, weaves, natural, relaxed, vitamins, products and other things pertaining to healthy hair but not my body. Last week I told myself I need to get serious & stay focused about my health, so now I'm been stalking the health & fitness forum and apply the same researching mentality for hair to healthy living/fitness so much now that hair is no longer my main focus. Since last week I have worked out every day but last wednesday and i'll continue to do that. Healthy living will lead to healthy body and hair.

lizzyb168

This whole site has inspired me to look after myself more and therefore my HHJ has reflected this. The whole experience is just beautiful :)

Bnster

Starting on my HHJ turned me into a researcher. I researched for days on how to take care my hair in braids, weaves, natural, relaxed, vitamins, products and other things pertaining to healthy hair but not my body. Last week I told myself I need to get serious & stay focused about my health, so now I'm been stalking the health & fitness forum and apply the same researching mentality for hair to healthy living/fitness so much now that hair is no longer my main focus. Since last week I have worked out every day but last wednesday and i'll continue to do that. Healthy living will lead to healthy body and hair.

I am going to check out the health & fitness forum for inspiration for fitness.

This whole site has inspired me to look after myself more and therefore my HHJ has reflected this. The whole experience is just beautiful :)

How true about LHCF!