• I look best with Long Hair.

Votes: 264 25.6%
  • I really don't know.

Votes: 38 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tthreat08

Hello Ladies,

I went to see Tyler Perry's movie this weekend, and really admired Tasha's hair (just like everybody else right?). I have had a bob in the past and feel it actually suited me well. So it made me ask myself, why am I growing my hair out anyway? For me, I think it's the challenge of seeing how long it can get, as well I like long hair....but I've been know to chop it all off and keep it moving. What about you? Why are you growing your hair out?

Last edited:

cocoberry10

This is a good question. My original intent was b/c there were a variety of styles I wanted to do that you needed long hair for. Now, I just want healthy hair!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Well, I've never really had longer, healthier hair before...it's pretty much to prove to myself and others that african women can grow long hair. Plus, I think that I look better w/ long hair. Also, I wanted my hair long for my college graduation...no weave for me!

I think long hair on a Black women is exotic, because you dont see it very often :yep:, so this is my reason. Not to mention I love long hair period

Everything Zen

Well, I've never really had longer, healthier hair before...it's pretty much to prove to myself and others that african women can grow long hair. Plus, I think that I look better w/ long hair. Also, I wanted my hair long for my college graduation...no weave for me!

Ditto- It fits my personal style at this point in life.

lisana

I look good with all hair lengths :yep::grin: I've had all lengths but have had below shoulders without the help of a weave. I want it to be long and all mine. Also, my hair is easier to style the longer it gets.

Anancy

For me i think its the challenge, i used to have APL hair but i nver paid much attention to it.

Now i want to see if i can grow it back but healthier and maybe longer.

tthreat08

I look good with all hair lengths :yep::grin: I've had all lengths but have had below shoulders without the help of a weave. I want it to be long and all mine. Also, my hair is easier to style the longer it gets.

Girl, I heard that! Me too!:grin: that's one thing we have going is style. Black women just have this natural charisma and style....well you know most of us do...there are those few though.:lachen:

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I think long heathty hair is gorgeious. I have always keep my hair medium length layered. Also want to see how long hair will grow without scissor happy stylist.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
It's a personal challenge to grow my hair past BSL, to prove to myself that my hair can grow that long. My goal is MBL and I'm not stopping til I get there. I also think I look better with long hair and I'd prefer if that hair were my own.

bLackButtaFly

I've had long hair and short hair and long hair just looks better on me. I can take better care of it, and it just adds that certain something to my looks. I can't wait to grow it all back!:rolleyes:

growinstrong

Let's face it, men LOVE :pant: long hair and even though I'm married, I like the attention I get from men staring at it :grin:, knowing they cant touch it or me:lachen:.

sareca

The first three all apply. I originally started because I look best with long hair. I didn't realize how challenging it would or how much I loved long hair until I got here. :)

DozenRoses99

I think that my chubby, round face looks much better with long hair. I've had my had cut into a short, chin-length bob a few times due to relaxer damage, and I never liked the way I looked.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Several reasons: 1) I love long HEALTHY hair even on guys who have the face for it because a head full of gorgeous hair signifies health.

2) I have very voluminous hair that looks better and better the longer it gets, and compliments my face more.

3) To prove to my Boricua mom that my type of hair can be waist length too! :grin:

SpyCats

When I would see women with healthy long hair, to me that was shoulder length and beyond, I would just oggle. I never thought in a million years that I could/would grow my hair to the length it is now. So, I basically want to see how long I can grow my hair, although I am shooting for midback.

Harina

thank you! this is it exactly. i have been wearing my hair in braids and twists for the past year. when graduation comes around, 2010, my hair is going to be gawgeous. it's already creeping towards apl.

missty1029

I think that my chubby, round face looks much better with long hair. I've had my had cut into a short, chin-length bob a few times due to relaxer damage, and I never liked the way I looked.

ITA!!! for me i got a big ole face and short hair does not work!
Plus my hair idol right now is Alicia Keys. The wavy long look is marvelous!!!!
Its also a personal challenge because my hair has never gotten past actually where its at now. I would say I am the longest I ever been.

atemeus_itali

in the past i never took care of my hair, but that never stopped me from complaining about how awful my hair was. i always wanted long hair (and now can achieve it thanks to LHCF:drunk:) because my mom and her sister had long, gorgeous hair especially when i was a lot younger. my mom had chemo a few years back and the texture has changed, but she still has beautiful hair. also, i just think long hair is beautiful and has so many options. oh and growing healthy hair is most certainly a challenge for me!

camibella

I am choosing to grow my hair because I am used to below shoulder length hair. Throughout my military career I totally neglected my hair and between self cuts and lack of maintenance caused it to look dry and brittle. I started growing it out and had to cut it again because I had major split ends and was just not healthy.

So as of earlier this month I am trying to start my journey to healthy hair..my original goal. Can anyone tell me where I can find information on the LHCF Bootcamp requirements and regimen.

I love long hair and my guy loves it too. He got mad when I cut it and asked me not to cut it again. I told him I just gotta make sure I take care of my hair and he'll have all the hair he wants but its mainly for me. :grin:

Soliel185

I've never intentionally grown my hair. This is the first time I'm really setting a goal and sticking too it - even if my SO hates the braids I'll be in for the next 6 months. :ohwell: The only time I had short hair - i.e above ears - was when I BC'd and put it in braids w/o extensions. It grew, but now I want to use all the stuff I've learned here to not only have long hair, but long healthy gleaming hair to be admired by women and men of ALL races. Also -- to swing it in the faces of my haters :grin:

Vinyl

Because I'm absolutely in love with healthy long hair, *especially* on men.

Ironically, I've actually never liked having super long hair(going by weaves and braids, here.), and I think I look best with short hair. (My SO disagrees with me, however.) My last two weaves I've completely chopped off to earlength, and absolutely loved it.

I'd never do that with my real hair though. ;)

I think another part of it is wanting to break the stereotype that black women can't grow their hair long. I think that if most people didn't think this, I would be comfortable with wearing my real hair short. But I want people to know I'm wearing it short because I like it that way, not because I can't grow it out in the first place.

Creatividual

This is my EXACT same reason for growing my hair long. My father once told me I couldn't grow my hair past shoulder length and I should be BSL by December. TAKE THAT! :grin:

SouthernTease

I haven't had long hair since I was 13...
I always cut it off to a bob
I just wanted to try something new...
have some discipline for once.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I've never intentionally grown my hair. This is the first time I'm really setting a goal and sticking too it - even if my SO hates the braids I'll be in for the next 6 months. :ohwell: The only time I had short hair - i.e above ears - was when I BC'd and put it in braids w/o extensions. It grew, but now I want to use all the stuff I've learned here to not only have long hair, but long healthy gleaming hair to be admired by women and men of ALL races. Also -- to swing it in the faces of my haters :grin:

I love that answer:lachen::lachen: