• 4b

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • dunno... but it's tooFIERCE.com

Votes: 86 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EllePixie

EllePixiewhen i looked up Cree after i was confronted :look:
i read that andre put cree in his 3b group along with Cleo Laine.....i think andre prob would put all the 3c under his 3b section anyway

looking at oprahs hair who he puts in the 4 there is a big difference in the size of their curl

if he was to read all these hair typing discussions he would prob be like what is these *****s problem whats so hard to understand:lol:
I think the confusion is where some systems started putting the curl sizes in there...I'm looking at http://urbanbeautyonline.com/beauty/whats-your-hair-type-according-to-andre-talks-hair/ and it doesn't say anything about no dang pencils, crochet needles, or pen springs. But...it's still confusing with all of the characteristics he has in there, because people can have a mixture of those. Like, your hair may stretch out (straighten) when wet but it might not be easy to get straight with a blow dryer if it's coarse. Ya dig?

Why am I back in here...I'm leaving!!! Goodbye, Embyra, you know I luh you guh!

Embyra

I think the confusion is where some systems started putting the curl sizes in there...I'm looking at http://urbanbeautyonline.com/beauty/whats-your-hair-type-according-to-andre-talks-hair/ and it doesn't say anything about no dang pencils, crochet needles, or pen springs. But...it's still confusing with all of the characteristics he has in there, because people can have a mixture of those. Like, your hair may stretch out (straighten) when wet but it might not be easy to get straight with a blow dryer if it's coarse. Ya dig?

thats true i think the stationary/sewing box references started with NC:spinning:

why are any of us back in here?! the madness is spreading wait for meeeeeeeee im coming tooEllePixie:cowgirl::lol:

chicha

She's no way a 4 anything. She has big springs (3c). Not tiny coils (4a, 4b)

3c

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

EllePixie - About the use of pencils, pen springs, etc... those terms were just used as ways to describe the size of the curl/coil of someone's hair strands to give people a better picture in their mind and make a comparison.

EllePixie

EllePixie - About the use of pencils, pen springs, etc... those terms were just used as ways to describe the size of the curl/coil of someone's hair strands to give people a better picture in their mind and make a comparison.

Right, but IMO people think of different sizes when they think of these things. Someone actually argued with me once about what crochet needle size they were talking about. Pencils are different sizes (and when was the last time any of us used a pencil that wasn't mechanical?), and pen springs can be smaller or fatter depending on the pen maker. When I think of markers, I think of the FAT ones, but if I go find a marker it may not be as fat (think those smelly ones vs. a standard size crayola marker). Looking at the base definition - if you just say "corkscrew" or "tight curl," that makes much more sense because it focuses on the shape rather than the diameter. It's too much getting into the weeds for me.

Anyway...I'm seriously not discussing this anymore, so no one @ me in this thread again. I don't care about hair type (as seen in my reaction when I was kicked out of type 4 lol). Hair is hair. Changing what category my hair is in does not shift how my hair behaves, looks, or grows. Your hair is gonna do what it wants to do regardless of what you want to call it or what category you want to put it in. Thanks.

*C00KIE*

My two cents, for whatever they are worth.

The girl, OP posted about, I believe is mostly a 4a streched. Meaning she has her hair in a constant stretched style (small braids or twists) to the point her hair pattern just took that form (this happens to me if i wash in braids dry in them and leave it like this anywhere between 1-3months). My hair looks like this when just taken out of braids or twists, also.

I totally agree this lady is a 3 a course 3 but nonetheless she is a 3, i would even say she is a 3c

She's no way a 4 anything. She has big springs (3c). Not tiny coils (4a, 4b)

3c

Right, but IMO people think of different sizes when they think of these things. Someone actually argued with me once about what crochet needle size they were talking about. Pencils are different sizes (and when was the last time any of us used a pencil that wasn't mechanical?), and pen springs can be smaller or fatter depending on the pen maker. When I think of markers, I think of the FAT ones, but if I go find a marker it may not be as fat (think those smelly ones vs. a standard size crayola marker). Looking at the base definition - if you just say "corkscrew" or "tight curl," that makes much more sense because it focuses on the shape rather than the diameter. It's too much getting into the weeds for me.

Anyway...I'm seriously not discussing this anymore, so no one @ me in this thread again. I don't care about hair type (as seen in my reaction when I was kicked out of type 4 lol). Hair is hair. Changing what category my hair is in does not shift how my hair behaves, looks, or grows. Your hair is gonna do what it wants to do regardless of what you want to call it or what category you want to put it in. Thanks.

I LOVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SEE AND COMING FROM. SO I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SOMEONE COMING BACK TO READ A RESPONSE AND RESPOND TO IT RESPECTFULLY WITH THEIR POINT OF VIEW. THANK YOU FOR DOING THAT.
OH, AND BY THE WAY... YOU ARE SO A 3C

Last edited:

Cherokee-n-Black

Oh good lawd...I am more confused now than I was before. Can someone Puh-lease tell me, if one's hair is wavy/crinkly, not loose beach waves, I'm talking, like remember when dudes wore wave caps and put nu nile in their hair-type waves--what is that???? I thought that was 4b. Now I'm hearing tight coils are 4b which I thought was 4c. Cree's hair looks 4a to me, now that's 3b or c??? I'm officially confuzzled...

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
There is no such thing as 4c as far as Andre's system is concerned. Cree Summer is the poster child of type 3 hair. Like I said before, just because someone has frizzy/kinky/fuzzy hair does not automatically mean they are type 4. Neither does coarse hair. People are getting this confused.

Type 4=tight nappy hair. If you wouldn't look at someone's hair and say their hair is nappy, it probably ain't a type 4.

Last edited:

Poohbear

My two cents, for whatever they are worth.

The girl, OP posted about, I believe is mostly a 4a streched. Meaning she has her hair in a constant stretched style (small braids or twists) to the point her hair pattern just took that form (this happens to me if i wash in braids dry in them and leave it like this anywhere between 1-3months). My hair looks like this when just taken out of braids or twists, also.

*C00KIE* - But the thing that is different about HairCrush's hair is this.... what you see in her videos and most of her pictures is NOT her stretched out hair!!! Listen to what she says in some of her videos. That is her hair straight from a wash n go! It's not a twistout nor braidout!!! Her hair doesn't shrink up into tight little coils. :thud:

Cherokee-n-Black

There is no such thing as 4c as far as Andre's system is concerned. Cree Summer is the poster child of type 3 hair. Like I said before, just because someone has frizzy/kinky/fuzzy hair does not automatically mean they are type 4. Neither does coarse hair. People are getting this confused.

Type 4=tight nappy hair. If you wouldn't look at someone's hair and say their hair is nappy, it probably ain't a type 4.

OK...how about "kinda nappy"?:confused:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Oh good lawd...I am more confused now than I was before. Can someone Puh-lease tell me, if one's hair is wavy/crinkly, not loose beach waves, I'm talking, like remember when dudes wore wave caps and put nu nile in their hair-type waves--what is that???? I thought that was 4b. Now I'm hearing tight coils are 4b which I thought was 4c. Cree's hair looks 4a to me, now that's 3b or c??? I'm officially confuzzled...
Andre typed Cree's hair as 3b. Hair forum's re-typed her as 3c....the whole 3c category was made up on the hair boards because they felt there was too much of a jump between 3b and 4a. I think 4c was added on too.

I would say Cree is a mixture of 3c/b w/o product in that pic. It actually resembles my naked somewhat manipulated hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2009/my-naked-hair/naked-hair-033.html

Last edited:

EllePixie

Da' hell???!?! I thought this was wrapped up in the Haircrush heat damage (or whatever) thread! Where is empressri ?? I need to sing, "This is the song that never ends".

Yes it goes on and on my friends!!!! Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever justttttttttttt beeeeecaaaaauuuuse......

**Deep breath**

Sorry LOL that is my jam...had to bust back in. :lachen:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
OK...how about "kinda nappy"?:confused:

It depends on the size of the coils (or lack thereof) and how tight the hair is. As you saw in wavesncurlz post as well as Elle's post, they both can get their hair to mimic type 4 hair, but they are not type 4 because they have a looser curl pattern than what is generally considered to be classified as type 4 hair.

That is why a lot of us are having a hard time being convinced that HC is type 4:

She does not have a tight hair texture
Her waves/coils/curls/kinks are bigger than what is classified as type 4 hair

And that isn't taking anything away from her hair. Her hair is beautiful, she is beautiful. But her hair just isn't what is classified as type 4 despite the frizz/fuzzy/kinks that she has (which as someone else said, could be partly contributed to the fact that she manipulated her hair a lot while it was drying).

Kurlee

^^^

*peeks head in**
Elle Pixie's hair looks like a mix (70/30) of 3c and 4a, based on curl size alone.

**runs from tomatoes

Last edited:

*C00KIE*

*C00KIE* - But the thing that is different about HairCrush's hair is this.... what you see in her videos and most of her pictures is NOT her stretched out hair!!! Listen to what she says in some of her videos. That is her hair straight from a wash n go! It's not a twistout nor braidout!!! Her hair doesn't shrink up into tight little coils. :thud:

I understand what you are saying. My problem here is, where is her shrinkage? If one has type 3 or 4, one has shrinkage. She has very little to none because her hair is stretched, and to me she doesn't have type 1 or 2 hair...

ETA. Oh the wash and go situation, this is how i look at it. Someone who constantly blow dry or flatiron their hair, they start to lose curl pattern to the point, they could potentially have heat damage and some curls do not return and stay at a straight stage.
Same thing here but she did not NOT create this w/ heat, only with protective styling in a straight stage, which leave the hair at it stretched stated even if it is wash and go. Also, She probably use mostly moisture products and NOT TOO much protein.

ETA again. Has anyone seen a child who has type 4 hair and her parents normally keep it in small braids or small twist, don''t you notice how the child hair stays at a stretched stage when taken down and if done constantly it would stay like that even after a wash?

Last edited:

candycotton

This is what I was getting at earlier..what is hair thats kinky wavy..we hear about kinky curly but never kinky wavy..the front of my hair is a kinky/frizzy wave/crinkle..not a beach wave, not a curl, not tightly coiled (it grows down not out)..

Poohbear

In one her videos, she mentioned how she would relax her edges while she was transitioning... :look: so maybe her hair is texturized... :goodnight:

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SPH-M910

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Will there be a reception afterwards with the church punch: ginger ale and red kool-aid? All this debating made my throat dry...

Lynnerie

And in the same video that Poohbear posted look at her one year of growth at 1:07. Sorry thats not type 4 new growth. Tis all.