Growth aids don't work for me

Have growth aids been working for you?

• No, I have tried a number of growth aids, and nothing ever increases my growth rate.

Votes: 36 27.9%
  • Yes, I have at least found one product that increased my growth rate.

Votes: 93 72.1%

• Total voters

Baby Girl

This forum is chock full of info. I am going to try this grouout for my daughter she needs so much help right now. I am upset about her hair condition MTG brought her hair back but she keeps getting long moments of alopeica outbreaks and she is almost completely without hair - not bald but just nothing to help her maintain her natural beauty. So here I am trying to try something else for my daughter. I'll be ordering in a few days I wish it was today but a sister is not with funds for a few days.

MTG helped your daughters hair. I have a bld spot do you think MTG will work for me. How did you apply MTG and where did you pruchase it from

Christa438

I have tired MN, MTG, may own MTG mixture, biotin, MSM, etc., but nothing I have tired has seemed to increase my growth rate.

My hair has been able to retain length and my current length, APL, is the longest my hair has ever been.

I was just wondering if other ladies have tried numerous growth aids that don't seem to have any effect on their growth.

Most growth aids don't work for me either. Some of the veteran members just focus on retaining length and not on speeding up growth which works fine for them. They still have hair down their backs too. I also want to know how long you tried each product before giving up/movin on. And also, what was your MN and MTG mix caus I know everyone's is not the same?

SouthernTease

I used to use all kinds of stuff...
when I stopped it seemed like my
hair stopped growing... but IDK...
those vitamins made me gain weight
and that MTG stunk to high heaven...
so I'm content just waiting for it to grow
I guess...

Baby Girl

I used to use all kinds of stuff...
when I stopped it seemed like my
hair stopped growing... but IDK...
those vitamins made me gain weight
and that MTG stunk to high heaven...
so I'm content just waiting for it to grow
I guess...

Your new growth is so beautiful. i am thinking of letting my relaxer grow out. My hair is thin though, do you think co-washing will be beneficial to me. What exactly is the silicon mix? Is that some type of deep conditioning treatment?

Amerie123

well, i just started using MTG and i installed a sew-in weave. so, i sure hope this work, esp. since i am dealing with the smell and all. this is scaring me.. lol... i just knew that the growth aids (atleast one), always worked to some degree.:ohwell:

Spidergul

I have tired MN, MTG, may own MTG mixture, biotin, MSM, etc., but nothing I have tired has seemed to increase my growth rate.

My hair has been able to retain length and my current length, APL, is the longest my hair has ever been.

I was just wondering if other ladies have tried numerous growth aids that don't seem to have any effect on their growth.

If I knew how to do a poll this is the one I would have created!
I have tried all that you mention I will also add Surge and the cayenne pepper mixture and nada. I've only retained length, my shedding has not stopped and my hair is thinner.:nono:

metro_qt

If I knew how to do a poll this is the one I would have created!
I have tried all that you mention I will also add Surge and the cayenne pepper mixture and nada. I've only retained length, my shedding has not stopped and my hair is thinner.:nono:

MT my friends.. MT... that stuff is the truth.

oh yeah, none of that other stuff made my hair grow either...including the MTG which broke me out something fierce....

Mt is my new :love:

Spidergul

I can't say whether they work or not for me. I really don't make the time to be consistent with them and end up slacking off using them. There are several ladies on this forum that have had amazing results without them. I just decided they weren't worth the time and effort personally and chose to let nature take its course.

This has been my problem, consistency.:nono:

BillsBackerz67

From what I see growth aides rarely works for anyone...meaning I have yet to witness astounding progress. The people who seem to make the best progress IMO dont use them at all. But if it works it works.

HoneyDew

From what I see growth aides rarely works for anyone...meaning I have yet to witness astounding progress. The people who seem to make the best progress IMO dont use them at all. But if it works it works.

I agree.

I do see some growth boost progress pics, but I rarely see anyone that sticks with these products for the long haul.

Has anyone ever seen the progress from someone who is a LONG-TERM user of growth aids? I don't think I have.

Now, what i do appreciate it that growths aids can and do help people growth out problem areas like thin edges and bald spots. I think that is wonderful and can really get someone back on track to reach their long term goals.

But other than that i don't see much proof that they are really and truly worth being the basis of someones regimen..

titan

I have never used growth aids and my hair grows fine. That mega-tek growth aid product scares me . I thought that product was for horses.
I 'm cool on that stuff. :cool2:

AtlantaJJ

I just did a straight up google on the word MegaTek alone and this picture (along with this thread popped up) on the top of the search list :shocked:

(can't get pic to show)

We are out there in the google land!! :lol:

Last edited:

Lovestyr

i think that growth aids do work . i personally use WGO AND I TAKE BIOTIN EVERYDAY . I also take other supplements as well . :yep: