Growing Back Edges

butterpeacon

I need help growing my edges back. Braiding/weaving over the past 3 yrs have done a number on them. My hair is fine and I currently have a relaxer every 8 weeks. Any tips to stimulate growth will be helpful.
:look:

KAT25

Oils that stimulate like peppermint, tea tree oil, maybe even MN or other growth aids and you can even use castor oil for thickness

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Have you tried any growth aids? Bee Mine, BT, Mega Tek, Ovation?

How are you doing your hair now that you're not in braids? Have you cosidered taking vitamins? Drinking a protein shake daily will also help with growth :yep:

butterpeacon

I am wearing it in a bob (flatironed). I am still taking my prenatal vitamins and plan to add biotin and a multivitamin and maybe 1 other I read about on one of the features. I have been using tea tree oil for the past 3 weeks but I don't see a mjr difference though it's helped the rest of my scalp feel better. I didn't think about a protein shake, maybe I should try one of those. Which kind do you drink?:ohwell:

DiamndPrincess

I've been dealing with this problem for about a year. About 4-5 months ago I started massaging my edges every night with Vitamin E Skin Oil Moisturizer, than I apply Palmer's Hair Success Gro Treatment with Vitamin E on my edges and tie it up. This has worked wonders for my edges. I also apply the Palmers on my edges during the day to lay them down.

atlien11

I have a friend that swears by Emu oil. If you do a Yahoo search on it, there is a lot of info about how it assists as a growth aide. HTH.

MD_Lady

Oils that stimulate like peppermint, tea tree oil, maybe even MN or other growth aids and you can even use castor oil for thickness
Since I've had moderate success with the EO mixture, I was thinking replace it with these oils. :yep: Any ideas on the effectiveness of a peppermint and tea tree oil mixture?

Faith

Braids have done a number on my edges too. I am using Mega Tek after seeing another member, I think it was tiffupretty (love that name) grow her hair back using that. I mix the MegaTek with some oil and apply. I use just a tiny amount of MegaTek.

butterfly3582

I do this twice a day

massage a small amount of megatek
put my leave in moisturizer in
seal and massage again with castor oil.

This has helped me grow my edges in nicely. I have been doing this for about two weeks now and i see a definite change. Sorry no pics.