Gritty Mango Butter??

LightEyedMami

Okay so i bought some mango butter for the first time a few months ago, and decided to melt it down (like i do shea) and mix oils with it, well when i applyed it to my hair it was "gritty" and i wouldn't have minded so much had it not left "gritty,clump balls" in my hair :ohwell:, Is there anything i can do to fix it??

Have you tried melting it all the way down and then straining it?
I think that should take out the grit.

Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me where you bought yours?
I want to buy mango butter, but I'm afraid of grittiness...knowing who sells gritty mango butter would be helpful. :lol:

I actually whipped mine today. Mango butter, a little EVOO and some Vitamin E. Came out nice and creamy and smooth

I have tried whipping mango butter but it was still gritty. Some people say its not supposed to be that way but ive gotten mango butter from texas natural supply and from nature with love. They both were gritty. I know it has moisturizing benefits but its too much of a hassle for me.

Mine was gritty too. I melted it all the way down and blended with other oils and while it didn't seem to be gritty when it set up, it was grittier...the closer I got to the bottom. It still melted to the touch (when hands were rubbed together) so I'm not terribly disappointed. Love the way it softens my skin without leaving me greasy.

Have you tried melting it all the way down and then straining it?
I think that should take out the grit.

Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me where you bought yours?
I want to buy mango butter, but I'm afraid of grittiness...knowing who sells gritty mango butter would be helpful. :lol:
:lachen:well i don't want to say it on here because that would give her site a bad rep and she is great otherwise, so if you REALLY wanna know tell me and I'll PM you.

Back