How do you soften/whip Mango Butter?

AsTheCurlzTurns

I hear that mango butter is solid like shea butter, but maybe a lil harder. Can it be whipped like shea to make whipped mango butter?

How do you make it softer to be able to use it on your hair. Several threads have made mention of it being very hard but I haven't really seen anything pertaining to actually whipping it up for a hair butter. So what are your thoughts on it?

So those of you who use Mango Butter, what exactly do you do to be able to use it. And whatever method you use, does it remain soft in that state? Even some mango butter recipes will also be welcomed! TIA!

mj11051

I would put some in a bowl and then put the bowl in a double boiler to soften it up for whipping.HTH

Last edited:

LaidBak

The mango butter I use (Elasta QP) is soft and creamy. No need for altering it. I'm not sure if thats what you meant.

skatergurljubulee

I'm buying some soon. I already own shea butter. I was just going to do what I did with the shea. Let it sit out and soften a tad. Use a fork/knife to break it up some more. I add some oil to mine (never add water 'cause then it'll mold over time I've heard) and mix it up a little. Then I put it in a blender and whip it up (I plan on buying a hand held blender/emulsifier). Sometimes I add coconut oil as the oil, but I'm going to only add a little hot six oil just to help it along in the blending process. I hope it works for me when I try it. BTW, I only put like 1-3 drips at a time so that I just have mostly the butter instead of all the other stuff. HTH

Denise11

I'm buying some soon. I already own shea butter. I was just going to do what I did with the shea. Let it sit out and soften a tad. Use a fork/knife to break it up some more. I add some oil to mine (never add water 'cause then it'll mold over time I've heard) and mix it up a little. Then I put it in a blender and whip it up (I plan on buying a hand held blender/emulsifier). Sometimes I add coconut oil as the oil, but I'm going to only add a little hot six oil just to help it along in the blending process. I hope it works for me when I try it. BTW, I only put like 1-3 drips at a time so that I just have mostly the butter instead of all the other stuff. HTH

That's just how I do it.

tada1

thanks so much for replying. i'm going to try it out in the blender right now. i'll report back in a few mins :grin:

tada1

ok. i'm back and all i can say is :yahoo:
im soooo excited. my shea is WHIPPED y'all :reddancer:
my main concern about using the stand up blender was waste, and now that i've tried it, i dont think much more got wasted than would be the case if i had used a hand held mixer.

btw, by butter was already quite soft. it had a mild nutty smell and it was light beige--good stuff y'all

thanks for the advice :yep:

Fhrizzball

Am I the only one who's mango butter isn't hard? It's raw and unrefined but really grainy. I have cocoa butter too which is even harder than shea so I'm going to try to melt them both double broiler method since I don't have a blender or a eletrick whisk.

Anna9764

I say check out YouTube, several different recipes and techniques...a food processor is a great way, so whipped it'd make u want to get a spoon ;)

Lyoness

I've purchased cupuacu butter before and at room temperature it is still solid.
Where do you keep butters normally? Or do you live in a warm climate that its softer for you?

Juliagizzle

Mango butter is hard. I use mango oil from the sage.com, which is like a butter. If you do use the butter. you might have to melt it in a double boiler before you whip it.