Butter alternative

LoveLiLi

I've been using avocado butter recently and it makes my hair look so shiny and wavy, but the avocado butter doesn't get along with my other products. The moment I try mixing it with something else I get a nasty film on my hair.

Aside from that, it's a little gritty and makes me look like I didn't wash my hair (this is the result after I have melted it). Are there any other products that will give the same shine and weight to my hair?

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you. I just wanted to say I'm having the same issue. The butter works well by itself but gets gritty when mixed with other products...Anybody have solutions for this?

Have you ever tried shea butter? I used it on the ends of my hair, and my hair instantly was moisturized. Now this was not on all of my hair, but I put the butter on the middle to the ends of the hair. Hope that helps.:grin:

I've been using avocado butter recently and it makes my hair look so shiny and wavy, but the avocado butter doesn't get along with my other products. The moment I try mixing it with something else I get a nasty film on my hair.

Aside from that, it's a little gritty and makes me look like I didn't wash my hair (this is the result after I have melted it). Are there any other products that will give the same shine and weight to my hair?

Did you try whipping it with a hand mixer after you melted it? Hand mixing really gives it a smoother, creamier texture. Have you tried using plain avocado oil? or coconut oil? Coconut oil will make your hair super shiny.

Have you ever tried shea butter? I used it on the ends of my hair, and my hair instantly was moisturized. Now this was not on all of my hair, but I put the butter on the middle to the ends of the hair. Hope that helps.:grin:

I love shea butter for my skin, but it's too stiff on my hair. I even tried shealoe, that was a no-go as well. :sad:

Did you try whipping it with a hand mixer after you melted it? Hand mixing really gives it a smoother, creamier texture. Have you tried using plain avocado oil? or coconut oil? Coconut oil will make your hair super shiny.

I'll try whipping it and see if that works out. If not, I may try the avocado oil, I just saw some at Whole Foods. But for right now I have two bottles of Vatika oil, three bottles of amla oil, and one bottle of jojoba oil to get through. I think I have a couple of small bottles of Kemi oyl as well. I know what you're thinking and the answer is Yes - everyone hates going shopping with me.

Back