Got my Aveda "goodies"

inthepink

Got my Aveda \"goodies\"

I finally got my Aveda "sorry we made your hair fall out" complimentary gift package in the mail today. Here's what they sent:

2 bottles of Sap Moss Shampoo
2 Bottles of Sap Moss Detangler
2 Bottles of Hang Straight Straightening Lotion
2 tubes of Lip Glaze Lipgloss
2 tubes of Hand Relief

I am happy to have at least gotten the gifts but bummed that I got Sap Moss products. I was using them right until the hair breakage and they made my hair dry.
frown.gif

Happy for the hand relief and lip gloss however, those won't exactly "help" with my hair damage as she was supposed to send me products to help with the damage.

I received 2 of each b/c I am sharing with my friend who had the same problem.

{Sigh} The honest truth is that nothing they could send me or give me will give me back my hair.
frown.gif

Though, I am glad they did "something."
smile.gif
It is probably $75-$100 worth of stuff.

Re: Got my Aveda \"goodies\"

Hairlove,

I found the Sap Moss shampoo to be really moisturizing. Was it drying ot you or just the conditioner?

Supergirl,

I didn't think it was drying at the time so I just kept on using it. But, I ended up with a REALLY bad dry scalp and dry hair. I had been primarily using Pantene before that and so after trying it and then finding the breakage, I just went back to my Pantene. No more dryness. I will probably try it again just since I have it.

That's good, Hairlove... at least they did SOMETHING...
ohwell.gif
Although I really think they should have given you a refund!!
look.gif

I'm also glad they sent you something.

I didn't care for the sap moss stuff either.

I'm glad they gave you something because I would have wanted nothing short of a huge share in the company to compensate for my hair. You knw...If you don't want the sapmoss...Sell or trade. You 've already got a prospective buyer. (me)

I'm glad they tried to compensate you in some way
smile.gif

If I were you, I would just walk into an Aveda store with the box, tell them that you received the products as gifts and see if you could talk them into letting you exchange for other products. It may be worth a try...

yup, glad they did something
smile.gif

I'm sure you'd have preffered your hair over the products, but hey, you live and learn I guess. Thank you so much for sharing about your troubles with Aveda, you have definitley made me think twice. However, now that I know that they compensated you (or tried too), I won't feel too guilty about buying from them, lol...

It seems not too many of us rave about Aveda products. I think you should try what miss brown suggested. Good luck.

Miss Brown - that's a really good idea. I think maybe I can even call the woman back I spoke to and see if she can give me an exchange voucher or something like that. My friend is also afraid of using the Sap Moss since it didn't work for me so this is a good suggestion. Thanks!
smile.gif

Just a final update, finally!

I went to an Aveda store yesterday and had the best customer service that I've had in LONG time. I was really impressed at how helpful the manager was to me and my friend with exchanging our products for something else. I ended up getting:

2 bottles of Elixir Leave-On Conditioner
1 bottle of Styling Curessence Spray Detangler
1 bottle of Rosemary Mint Shampoo
1 bottle of Rosemary Mint Conditioner
bottle of breath mint drops

I kept the hand lotion b/c it is very nice!

I am very pleased!

Now, I just want my hair to grow back!

I'm glad to hear you were able to exchange your products for something more suitable, but I'm curious as to what happened initally.

Did you have problems with a particular Aveda product?

Poetess,

I got an Aveda relaxer earlier this year and it made some of my hair break off at the end of the relaxer.

I lovvve Aveda products i used Sap Moss shampoo & conditioner and the Brilliant Styling cream, i cant say enough i have 4/a-b hair and its a little past bra strap and i use the products on my daughter too her hair is the same as mine but her is 1 inch past the bra strap.

Congratulations Hairlove! You deserve it!
clap.gif

As soon as I'm off this product challenge, I'm getting the Brilliant Styling cream that Tomnikids3 has. The Sap Moss shampoo sounds very interesting too. I love the Anti-Humectant Pomade and Styling Spray.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
tomnikids3 said:
I lovvve Aveda products i used Sap Moss shampoo & conditioner and the Brilliant Styling cream, i cant say enough i have 4/a-b hair and its a little past bra strap and i use the products on my daughter too her hair is the same as mine but her is 1 inch past the bra strap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomnikids3 -
How do you use your Brilliant Styling creme on your hair in your regime?

Great news, hairlove
clap.gif
I'm glad everything finally worked out (and that at least ONE Aveda rep displayed good customer service).

Try doctoring the shampoo by adding olive oil and bit of honey. You can also add olive oil and honey to the conditioner.

Back