Got a trim and blowout *see pics*

anikalia

Hey,
I just posted this on naturallycurly.com but wanted to share here. Yesterday I went to a Dominican salon in Norcross and got a trim and blowout. I initially wanted a rollerset, but the stylist wanted to finish quickly so opted to blowdry. It feels very silky but has a burned smell.
She did it very quickly, blowdrying it first w/ a brown leave in, then again combining some grease called "Yellow" and Biosilk Silk Therapy. My layers are gradually being cut out, and I'm not sure it's a good thing (losing length). I think I'll wait till Christmas for my next trim. All in all, she did a good job, so I'm looking forward to a better shape when it's curly again. The charge was $30. I asked what she'd recommend as a good deep conditioner, and she said Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner. I've used it before without heat but it doesn't leave my hair that soft.

To see pics, click on my Yahoo link and go to Hair Album.

sweetcocoa

Very pretty and so are you.

Do you find the butterfly clips really help with shrinkage? How do you use them..on a twistout? Thanks!

anikalia

Thank you so much for the compliments!
I'll be lucky if this style lasts 2 more days with this weather.

Hi Sassygirl! I live in Decatur (where it's greater LOL)

Sweetcocoa, Thank you! After I styled my hair wet, allow it to dry, I grab a section of hair and put butterfly clip on sideways near the ends of hair so that the hair is in the fat part and the teeth are clamped together. This weighs the hair down and doesn't frizz due to hair not being in the teeth. I usually do this before I'm out the door and by the time I'm at my destination I take them out in the car and fluff all over. I hope that made sense! I rarely do twistouts, they never come out quite right.

Edited to ask if there is anything else I should be adding to my hair before wrapping at night? Last night I used a few drops of CD Tui Hair oil.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you so much for the compliments!
I'll be lucky if this style lasts 2 more days with this weather.

Hi Sassygirl! I live in Decatur (where it's greater LOL)

Sweetcocoa, Thank you! After I styled my hair wet, allow it to dry, I grab a section of hair and put butterfly clip on sideways near the ends of hair so that the hair is in the fat part and the teeth are clamped together. This weighs the hair down and doesn't frizz due to hair not being in the teeth. I usually do this before I'm out the door and by the time I'm at my destination I take them out in the car and fluff all over. I hope that made sense! I rarely do twistouts, they never come out quite right.

Edited to ask if there is anything else I should be adding to my hair before wrapping at night? Last night I used a few drops of CD Tui Hair oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

rosie

Your hair is so nice.

What is Glass? I saw it mentioned on your pictures, and also on Coffeyiris'

Tracy

Your hair is really pretty anikalia.... I especially love your curls.

FYI I use the Diez Y Uno as a protein conditoner....so it doesn't make my hair soft either - just wanted to share that and to say maybe use a mositurizing condiioner after. But it acts like a protein conditioner...Just so you know.

Lovely hair.

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Hey Anikalia, I get blowouts, make sure you tell her to rollerset you, I take it she just washed you and then blowed you out without rollersetting first. When I was natural, (my hair is 4a) I use to tell them to rollerset me, when it was busy, they tried to get you in and out, so they would rather blowdry you... After the rollerset, is when they should do the blowout, so there shouldn't be much of a burnt smell, it should take less than 5 minutes to do the blowout that way... Your hair is gorgeous by the way!!!

anikalia

Thanks Tracy! I was hoping I wasn't doing something right! I'll try following it up w/ my Kenra.

Beverly thank you! Next time I'll insist on a rollerset first. And the stylist had the nerve to tell me the blowdry was extra when I was about to pay.

Rosie, Glass is a molding creme (designed for freeze marcel curls), made by a company called BBD. It has the consistency of thick pudding and is manufactured in Detroit. I've always gotten mine at the Bronner Brothers Hair Show. I'm not crazy about it.

Thanks again everyone! You really made my day!

kreeme

anikalia.

Where did you go in Norcross? Lily's? Is it off of Jimmy Carter Blvd? Just curious because I wanted to see if it would be worth my drive up there. I live down by the airport.

anikalia

Thank you again!

I went to Perfect Hair Salon, 463 Beaver Ruin Rd. 770-840-9690. Sara was the stylist. It's off of Buford Hwy, near Indian Trail Rd.

Caramelle not sure why you can't see shots, but images have a weird pixelation on them now. Maybe it'll clear up later.

Happy Growing!

JazzAngel

Beautiful hair both curly and straight.

Can you belive that length when it is straight though????

WOW! So cool!!!