My first ever DOMINICAN BLOWOUT (PICS INCLUD.)

Ginsana

So I got a dominican blowout today. The salon was awesome, they were nice, gentle, used the best of the best of hair products such as Salerm, Sebastian, Paul Mitchell, BioSilk, just to name a few. I got a one inch trim of my ends, a deep conditioning followed by a roller set and a blowout...grand total $35.00. It might seem much to some, but it was worth it. It would have been 27.00 without the trim and deep treatment.

It was a great first experience, considering all the underprocessing and frizzy ends I had going on. My question to those who have had blowouts in the past, is how do you maintain the straightness of the style?? I want to keep it for as long as possible, but as many of you know I have a texturizer so my ends get frizzy real quick if I don't watch out as well as my roots if I sweat. So any suggestions as to what products or procedure or technique to keep my hair looking good for as long as possible. I would like to go back in 3 weeks for another blowout, but just in the roots, and then have them wrap my hair. So ladies, bring on the RECOMMENDATIONS!! :)

fletgee

ITA with the other ladies.

Your hair looks so smooth and I love the shine! LHCF ladies all have such healthy hair. Sigh.

And ya gotta tell me...ya see I am a Jersey gal also. :grin:
Where did you get it done? Give it up...I'm listening.....!

ShortyDooWhop

Just adding to the other posters - you're hair look great. Where did you go....

I don't know what you can add to keep it straight, but maybe try a serum....:ohwell:

Ginsana

fletgee said:
ITA with the other ladies.

Your hair looks so smooth and I love the shine! LHCF ladies all have such healthy hair. Sigh.

And ya gotta tell me...ya see I am a Jersey gal also. :grin:
Where did you get it done? Give it up...I'm listening.....!

Fletgee I just PMed you with the place....can't be giving them too much PR for free!! lol.... :)

PhonyBaloney500

I think $35 for all those services is a great price!

I'm natural and get blow outs ocassionally. My advice would be--1) Cover your head at all times outdoors if it seems remotely humid--even remotely! 2) Sleep with your hair covered--do a (sloppy?) wrap or try a ponytail. 3) Use some type of pomade if you see it curling up or frizzing.

Good luck! Looks good! ;)

Ginsana

PhonyBaloney500 said:
I think $35 for all those services is a great price!

I'm natural and get blow outs ocassionally. My advice would be--1) Cover your head at all times outdoors if it seems remotely humid--even remotely! 2) Sleep with your hair covered--do a (sloppy?) wrap or try a ponytail. 3) Use some type of pomade if you see it curling up or frizzing.

Good luck! Looks good! ;)

Thanks a million for that advice Phony!! I really appreciate that! I'll be sure to keep these things in mind :)

confused_one

Wrap you hair, When i use to go to the dominicans i would wrap my hair up as soon i came home from work, i use perfect for perms when my hair will start losing the shine, but not too much, cause after a couple of days any thing u put on your hair will weight the hair down. My friend's hair always looks good like she gets it done ever day, i asked her how she keeps it from getting flat, she said she wraps it in a different direction everday.

Allandra

Congratulations on getting your first ever Dominican Blowout. Your hair looks awesome! Are you swinging it and shaking it today? I love a good ole Dominican Blowout (roots only for me). The way I kept my hair nice and straight was to wrap it at night and then protect it with a satin/silk scarf. In the morning, I'd take the scarf off and comb my hair down. Like you, I wanted to keep my hair straight as long as possible. :yep:

kombov_dymond

I like it! They did a great job. I would add a little serum and wrap it with a boar brush, spray with some ORS Olive Oil oil sheen and tie it up with a silk scarf.

Take Care,
KD

Ginsana

Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies for the compliments.

I tried to pincurl my hair last night with the dragon looking clips and it came out pretty good! I may try this for a while..

Ginsana

TigerLily said:
Me too!

Your hair looks really pretty, Ginsana. It's so shiny and sliky straight! I love your pin curls, too.

Thank you TigerLily & Baglady...I'm just trying to be like yall!! :)

Ginsana

senimoni said:
I love your pin curls......I may try that one day!!

I saw southerngirl do a thread about it before. My hair is no where near as long as hers so I had to adjust her pin curl method to the few strands of hair I have on my own head :) I'm glad it came out decent looking

lovelymissyoli

Your blowout looks great! I can’t believe how good they were able to get your roots!!??!! When I got a blowout last year in Maryland I had about 4 inches of natural hair from wearing braids and the lady doing my hair wasn’t able to get my roots as straight as yours look in your pictures! Also, the results of your pincurl method look great! That’s an excellent way to not only show off your blowout, but also preserve the style!

Ginsana

lovelymissyoli said:
Your blowout looks great! I can’t believe how good they were able to get your roots!!??!! When I got a blowout last year in Maryland I had about 4 inches of natural hair from wearing braids and the lady doing my hair wasn’t able to get my roots as straight as yours look in your pictures! Also, the results of your pincurl method look great! That’s an excellent way to not only show off your blowout, but also preserve the style!

Thanks lovelymissyoli! I was shocked to see how straight they got my roots too! With my hair having a texturizer and being under processed I was very doubtful that it could come out straight, but she proved me wrong.
I'm glad I found a way to get curls in my hair without having to sleep in rollers all over my head because I hate having my sleep interrupted and uncomfortable ;)