Good or bad alcohols?

C

Cami

Is Isopropyl Alcohol good or bad? The reason I ask is because the Jazzing rinse that I use contains this product and I think that's why so much of my hair comes out after I rinse this stuff out. Has anyone else had breakage due to alcohols?

kenyana

its one of the bad alcohols...

here's a list of the rest of the other denatured alcohols that are drying 2 hair:
Benzyl alcohol
Ethyl alcohol
SD 40 alcohol
SD alcohol 40B

nebula24

Isopropyl Alcohol is found in so many products and is detrimental to the entire system. According to Dr. Hulda Clark, Naturopathic Doctor, (author of Cure For All Cancers)when used externally it accumulates in the liver and eventually leads to cancer. I would definitely avoid it!

C

Cami

Hey Supergirl!
Thanks for the info everyone, I'm going to switch back to the Beautiful Collections brand and use the black color that they have. I did not know that Isopropyl alcohol was a bad one, I'll be sure to get rid of any hair products that contains this ingredient.

I clarified my hair with Nexxus Aloe rid treatment to wash out the rinse, I think there is some still left but I'm pretty sure that it isn't healthy to have that alcohol lingering in my hair.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
You all, I once heard on a news report that the bad alcohols in products evaporate once the product is out of the container & that they never even touch your hair because they evaporate in your hand or in the air (if it's something you spray) . They said it's the polymers in the sprays that make your hair hard (holding spray) and not the alcohols.

I just wasn't sure that I was buying this info. though.