Good info re: split ends

thanks for this info. girl! Lord knows I was about to start stressing over split ends yet again /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Thanks there are a few things on that I definitely need to work on !!!

What do you use for a deep condish flower hair? I jsut bought ors hair mayo have you ever used it?

OH MY GOODNESS!! THEY HAVE A PICTURE OF MY PROBLEM WITH HEXAGON ENDS!! ITS CALLED TRICHORREXIS NODOSA!! MY HAIR IS EXPLODING!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

good site thanks! i notice most of my split ends happen in the front of my head like my bangs. I guess this is because I am always combing and putting gels on it to smooth it down.

BOT.
I just examined my ends and noticed I have all of the types of splits mentioned. Maybe I should cut my hair at least two inches and start over.

Thanks for the info. I have had all the types of split ends listed...good grief. On average mine is the classic one...seems easier to spot. I have had the dot...wasn't sure what it was and then the end just chips off. Thank goodness I have been getting them less and less. I don't think 5 years of braiding helped...

What did you do to correct it. Did you have to cut your hair? I have never had braids or a weave. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

No I didn't cut...I trimmed it. And now I make sure to check my hair every 2-3 months. I was only trimming 1x-2x/year back and I wasn't catching them earlier on. I hardly get them anymore since I make sure my hair is more moisturized now. I got them before because I would wash every 3 weeks or so while in braids and I wouldn't spray it that often. It kept growing though...lol. At that time I would say my hair was about 80% split...now it's about 5-10%....all because of moisture and protecting it...via braids, interlocks, buns, etc. It has also cut down on my breaks. I get about 1 break a day now compared to over 10/day just months ago. I think my hair has been getting better and better since I took it out of braids and started caring for it. I admit I get real lazy in braids... /images/graemlins/look.gif

Thanks for sharing!! Very useful information. I wondered what some of those were, happy to know they are just splits and not major hair damage. I hate those tree looking ones. I don't find many but I have seen a few and they freak me out everytime!!!

You are welcome girls!

I don't get so many split ends nowadays, when I henna instead of use regular hair color. But they still pop up now and then. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

<font color="blue"> Buffalosoldier </font> , I haven't tried the deep conditioner you mention mainly because I wouldn't know where to find it here. I just use some cheap deep cond from a company called Wella in a yellow bottle. It makes my hair buttersoft.

I'll try to do a Search &amp; Destroy every now and then to keep splits at bay.

Back