Trimming Split Ends

daviine

Hi guys---I noticed some split ends again today and decided to read up on split ends. I found the following information in case anyone is interested:

http://www.free-beauty-tips.com/splitends.html

http://ca.essortment.com/splitendshair_rili.htm

BET article on split ends

I would also love to hear any thoughts you have on trimming split ends yourself. Has anyone done this? How is this different or similar to dusting?

Thanks in advance.

Paris Belle

Thanks for the info, Daviine! I read all of the articles and they were all helpful!!

Well for me, the stylist said I didn't need a trim but I think I see splits!

So, on my next wash, this Friday, I'll have my Mommy do a light trim..It shouldn't be much..I just don't want it to get any worst..

No matter what I do, I get split ends b/c my hair is dry and more prone to splits! I'm just glad that with good hair care habits, I'm able to lessen them now..Previously, they were really bad and I would lose so many inches fighting them...

melodee

Daviine,
Thanks! The articles are very interesting. Do you trim your own? If you do, does your stylist have a cow? I'm trying to avoid having my stylist take off all my new growth.

Lindy

Bumping...

I put my daughter's hair in four bantu knots last night and I noticed she had little hairs sticking out all over the place from one of the knots in particular!! Does that mean she has a lot of split ends??? I'm going to check for them on my own hair tonight...

Is it really good to trim them all off??? (Yikes!!)

keke

Welp for me i have some thin c-through ends but i dont wear my hair str8 right now its all curly so u cant tell. But i dont get alot of breakage i get ALOT less. Yes some hair still comes out esp. if im brushing or combing but not veryu much so im retaingin some hair. I remember 1 time i wanted to take a strand of my hair to look at and i was not able to i was like.
wow. Use to be able to just pull 1 out w/ease but i was tryin liek 3-5 times and STILL nothign came out. LOL. So i take it the vitamins im takin have definitely strengthend my hair.